Trump Pros Vs. Cons

heydaralon

Trump Pros Vs. Cons

Post by heydaralon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm

The weirdest thing about Donald Trump is that is damn near impossible to get anything that is just indifferent to him. He is either loved or hated, which is problematic. I wonder how he will be viewed in 20 years after his time in the oval office is over. If you could condense his presidency into bullet points, what do you guys like (if anything) about Trump? What do you dislike (if anything) about Trump? What do you think the best thing he's done so far is? The worst thing?
Shikata ga nai

kybkh

Re: Trump Pros Vs. Cons

Post by kybkh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Biggest pro is that the American people showed there is a level of bullshit we are not willing to accept and if that means electing a madman...
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 am

You have to dig pretty deep to find anyone who loves Trump, invalidating the OP.

Trump Derangment Syndrome does indeed exist, and will be discussed in the future. To them, if you don’t hate Trump, you must love him, and are evil.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:05 am

Isn't it pretty typical for a Republican presidency? I seem to remember more or less the same for Ronald Reagan and Bush. I think it's a Democrat thing. It's just inconceivable to them how a person can be non-Democrat. He just has to be an evil idiot. He has to be ridiculed and hated.

It's less funny this time, that is the biggest difference. The hatred is stronger, more vile.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 am

Hastur wrote: It's less funny this time, that is the biggest difference. The hatred is stronger, more vile.
What's the sentiment towards him in your part of the world? It's hard to deny that he is behaving like a lunatic, at least from a diplomatic perspective. His only plus, as far as I can see, is that he's not Hillary. There's no swamp draining, which was his biggest draw.
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:25 am

Kath wrote:
Hastur wrote: It's less funny this time, that is the biggest difference. The hatred is stronger, more vile.
What's the sentiment towards him in your part of the world? It's hard to deny that he is behaving like a lunatic, at least from a diplomatic perspective. His only plus, as far as I can see, is that he's not Hillary. There's no swamp draining, which was his biggest draw.
Saw a list the other day (I'll have to dig it up) of all the things Trump has done, and it was substantial (more than 10), all of which I liked. Then there was a list of his failures (less than 10), all of which I liked. Trump is working out, at least for me.

p.s. I like his "asshole" attitude. So do a lot of people.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:43 am

Kath wrote:
Swedish media has bought the liberal MSM talking points hook, line and sinker. It's a never ending tirade about the racist, misogynist, white supremacist liar in chief. Hillary is a saint. Can't watch a lot of comedy anymore. It's a lot of bad jokes based on lies about Trump. Most people seem to believe what they hear. What Swedes think of when they hear Republican is pretty cartoonish.

Then again we don't even have a word for liberty so it just goes to show what we are.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:43 am

I'm middle of the road.....he's kept us out of war with DPRK - possible because the DPRK can't predict him....and possible because the PRC can't predict him and told the DPRK to back down.....Not sure what would have happened with Billary....

Clintons were just too corrupt....everyone knew it....now its all coming out....problem is.....DNC has gone way left....now their candidates are all going to make Bernie look like a fiscal conservative...

Hate the Donald's tax plan....it fucks me....without vasoline......

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:47 am

We're not at war with the DPRK?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 am

Best thing about Trump is that identity politics took a blow. The Trump derangement syndrome that has infected the left is funny but could potentially be dangerous on lots of levels.
The fact that the election didn't turn out to be The Day of the Super PACs was good. It just left Dan with a lot less to complain about.