Blowback is Killing Us. Just Come Home.

Hastur

Re: Blowback is Killing Us. Just Come Home.

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 am

I wonder how much the US claims of energy independence plays into this. It would perhaps be good for the world if the US no longer felt they had to "protect" the oil.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:38 am

LOL

Bjorn is so envious of America he might as well be an ex-wife.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:38 am
LOL

What "envy" are you talking about? Is me not believing in the US claims that their foreign wars were all about protecting democracy, civil rights and freedom in, say... Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc. what you equate with "envy"? Am I to conclude that (the singular, personal, individual) you believe that the reason the US fought all over the world was really all about spreading freedom and democracy?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:21 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:52 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:38 am
LOL

What "envy" are you talking about? Is me not believing in the US claims that their foreign wars were all about protecting democracy, civil rights and freedom in, say... Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc. what you equate with "envy"? Am I to conclude that (the singular, personal, individual) you believe that the reason the US fought all over the world was really all about spreading freedom and democracy?

Almost no American believes we are in Syria to "protect democracy". Even the socjus-hiv infested liberal NPCs believe we are there to protect people from Putler's Syrian puppet and his desire to gas his own people, even though, brutal as he was, he was the only faction actually protecting ethnic minorities.

Your conception of us is a farce.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:54 pm

I got to watch Maddow, Cuomo and Blitzer all argue that we have to keep the War in Syria going :lol: :lol: :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Hastur wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 am
I wonder how much the US claims of energy independence plays into this. It would perhaps be good for the world if the US no longer felt they had to "protect" the oil.

I personally think it would be fantastic.
The US really needs to pull back. With America out there being the protectors of our allies and their interests it subverts the free will of those nations, and independent development.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Open letter to the POTUS...……………… This would be perfect.
President Trump,
All of the wars in the Middle East we are engaged in are “legacy wars”, with no congressional authorization other than a chain of justifications based on the Gulf war votes of many years ago.
This being the case, I suggest you announce a timetable to pull out of every conflict around the world unless Congress votes reauthorization to continue each one.

“I didn’t start any of these wars, and I don’t like them.”

“I don’t think the voters like any of these wars.”

“In this country, wars are declared by Congress, not the President. It’s about time we remembered that.”

“I am willing to delay returning troops in the field for 90 days, to give the people’s representatives the chance to debate and vote to continue any of these conflicts. After that, our boys will have the support of congress, or they are coming home.”
“Enjoy your speakership, Nancy.”
https://ricochet.com/582419/tips-for-tr ... ion-votes/

I would love to have Congress have to make the case for still being at war 17 years later, and continuing them forward. I fully understand nations need to go to war from time to time. But you need to have clear goals, strategies and victory conditions set.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:22 am

:clap:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:09 pm

The president told reporters at Joint Base al Asad, west of Baghdad, that he has no plans to withdraw American troops from Iraq. He said the U.S. may use the country as a base for regional operations against adversaries including Islamic State after he ordered the withdrawal of U.S. forces from neighboring Syria.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-s-mattis

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 am

:lol: Greenwald wasn't paying attention to what Trump was saying during campaigning, he's slow, but he's coming along.
PLATA O PLOMO