Current US Military

Speaker to Animals

Re: Current US Military

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:30 am

FYI rumor in the flight line world is that he gave the CIA the F117 Nighthawks that had been retired. They might be in operation right now.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:30 am
FYI rumor in the flight line world is that he gave the CIA the F117 Nighthawks that had been retired. They might be in operation right now.
Do they need a stealth bomber or is it a matter of having anything that is off the books?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:40 am

Fife wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 am
Do they need a stealth bomber or is it a matter of having anything that is off the books?
I doubt they could make something like that truly off the books. But the F-117 Nighthawk is the stealthiest aircraft I think we ever produced. If they modified with the new skins they put in F-22 and F-35 aircraft, it could be even more effective.

There's really nothing quite like a Nighthawk. It's almost completely passive and silent. It's actually perfect for covert operations.

The main drawback is range, though.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 am

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Denial is a hell of a drug.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_s ... n_Pakistan
Since 2004, the United States government has attacked thousands of targets in Northwest Pakistan using unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) operated by the United States Air Force under the operational control of the Central Intelligence Agency's Special Activities Division.[22][23] Most of these attacks are on targets in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas along the Afghan border in Northwest Pakistan.
Now actually read your own quote and tell me again who carried out the targeted assassinations using drones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Activities_Center
It’s like you have blinders on. This is kind of fascinating.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:02 am

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:40 am
Fife wrote:
I doubt they could make something like that truly off the books. But the F-117 Nighthawk is the stealthiest aircraft I think we ever produced. If they modified with the new skins they put in F-22 and F-35 aircraft, it could be even more effective.

There's really nothing quite like a Nighthawk. It's almost completely passive and silent. It's actually perfect for covert operations.

The Nighthawk would have a big enough ordnance bay to mod for HALO insertion couldn't it ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:02 am
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:40 am
Fife wrote:

The Nighthawk would have a big enough ordnance bay to mod for HALO insertion couldn't it ?
Huh.

That's an interesting out-of-the-box idea.

The biggest munition I think it can load in that bay is a B61 nuclear bomb. Dimensions of that are 11' 8" long and 13" in diameter. The bay is certainly long enough, but I am not sure it's deep enough for a human body.

edit:

It can load a Paveway III which has a diameter of 28". So it might be possible as long as we are talking about a Navy guy.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:15 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:30 am
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Denial is a hell of a drug.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_s ... n_Pakistan

Now actually read your own quote and tell me again who carried out the targeted assassinations using drones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Activities_Center
It’s like you have blinders on. This is kind of fascinating.
What's fascinating is you are colorblind and illiterate. No wonder you hate red states they are like John Cena to you.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:46 pm

House Passes Health Care for Illegal Immigrants, says Fuck You to US Veterans
“If we cannot deliver a modern medical record for the men and women who put their lives on the line for us sooner than that, it is impossible to think that we could or should deliver one in a month for those who knowingly enter our country illegally,” Rep. Phil Roe, M.D. (R-TN) said in a press release. “We should not treat anyone, particularly someone who breaks our laws, better than we treat our heroes.”
I could really give a fuck about this, but the fact that they are trying to do shit for illegals over Veterans pisses me the fuck off!

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/0 ... m=facebook
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Fife wrote:
It's fake news.

The F-117's are in "flyable storage" at Tonopah, the Air Force is keeping them in case of mobilization for war.

Once in a while they take them out and fly them to ensure they are still flyable.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:06 am

Two flew missions in Syria last year for an unknown operator.