Current US Military

Smitty-48

Re: Current US Military

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 am

white Woke liberal couple arrested for selling nuclear submarine secrets to what they believed was a foreign power, but was in fact the Glowies

https://thepostmillennial.com/blm-suppo ... ar-secrets
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 am
white Woke liberal couple arrested for selling nuclear submarine secrets to what they believed was a foreign power, but was in fact the Glowies

What foreign power did they think they were selling to ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:45 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:15 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 am

What foreign power did they think they were selling to ?
the reports don't say

but really, only China & Russia are interested in stealing that technology, the only other nuclear submarine operators are America, Britain & France

I would surmise that it would be most useful to the PLA, as they are currently developing their Type 095 SSN which is a knock off of the SSN-774 Virginia class
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:45 am

the reports don't say

but really, only China & Russia are interested in stealing that technology, the only other nuclear submarine operators are America, Britain & France

I would surmise that it would be most useful to the PLA, as they are currently developing their Type 095 SSN which is a knock off of the SSN-774 Virginia class
I agree, I suspect if they were selling to Putin that would have been blasted in headlines.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

the reports don't say

I agree, I suspect if they were selling to Putin that would have been blasted in headlines.
I think the same would be true for China, North Korea, or Iran. So I think it is more likely to be a more someone like Pakistan or Turkey.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Somebody posing as a "foreign power" would have been enough. However, if it was China, they have enough power to keep their involvement secret.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:11 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:55 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

the reports don't say

I think the same would be true for China, North Korea, or Iran. So I think it is more likely to be a more someone like Pakistan or Turkey.
none of North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, nor Turkey has any use for American nuclear submarine technology

only certain countries can afford / have the infrastructure for nuclear submarines

an SSN is more expensive / complex than a Space Shuttle

none of North Korea, Iran, Pakistan, nor Turkey could afford / have the industrial base to operate nuclear submarines

furthermore, nuclear submarines are only useful for projecting sea power over vast oceanic distances, which North Korea, Iran, Pakistan & Turkey don't actually do

the only nuclear submarine adversaries are China & Russia

India is looking to acquire nuclear submarine tech, though they are unlikely to steal it, they're more likely to buy it, from Russia or France

the navies of North Korea, Iran, Pakistan & Turkey all operate defensively in shallow coastal waters, it's not worth it for those navies to acquire nuclear submarines

you only need nuclear submarines if you intend to project power globally on the high seas, speed & range being the main advantage of nuclear submarines

of those countries, only North Korea & Pakistan might want SSBN's, but neither of them could actually afford the expense of running such a program

even Britain & France are hard pressed to afford their nuclear submarine programs

only China & Russia are able to sacrifice the massive economic cost of trying to compete with the US Navy

the Soviets stole a lot of American nuclear submarine technology in the Cold War, mostly through the John Walker spy ring

but the Russians are quite advanced compared to China, China is the furthest behind technologically in the nuclear submarine Silent War

the PLA Type 95/96 SSN/SSBN programs are an attempt to steal American nuclear submarine technology to close the gap

the main weakness of a nuclear submarine is that the reactor is always making steam to drive the turbines which makes noise

so the most relevant technological edge these days is in reducing the noise generated by the turbines

the next most important technology is reducing the cavitation noise of the propulsion system, either the prop or pump jet

the quieting technology to reduce nuclear submarine propulsion noise is amongst the most guarded state secrets of the Great Powers

the main advantage of American & British nuclear submarines is that they are much quieter than their Russian & Chinese competition

a diesel electric SSK patrol submarine is quieter still when running on battery, but those submarines are defensive by default, they don't have global reach

an SSK is limited to 8-10 knots, taking weeks to transit across an ocean, whereas an SSN can cruise at 33 knots with unlimited range

the trick is making your nuclear submarines quiet & fast at the same time

the Russian & Chinese nuclear submarines are fast, but not quiet, so the espionage is all about closing the acoustic gap with the SSN-774 Virginia class

a US Navy submarine sonarman can tell you about all the quirks & technological deficiencies which make Russian & Chinese SSN's noisey

just the clunky nature of their technology, how it makes all sorts of extra noise with various poorly designed machines turning on and off

this is what the Russian & Chinese are trying to steal, the exquisite technological edge which America has for quieting nuclear submarine plant noise

the Russians & Chinese are just catching up to where American submarines were in the 1980's, while America is forty years ahead

espionage to close this gap is the name of the game for the Russians & Chinese, as the nuclear submarine remains the strategic arm of decision on the high seas

the SSN-774 Virginia class is the centerpiece of American military power, the war winning asset, thus the Russians & Chinese are appropriately obsessed with it
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Just read up on these Maddow Liberals. Run of the mill woke lefties, BLM, rainbow shit, Colbert :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:59 pm

these two traitors to the republic were not even talking to a foreign power

it was just an FBI agent posing as a foreign source handler

basically the Woke Commies got caught by their own Glowies in this case
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:46 pm