Re: 2014, The Year the Obama Phone Started a War

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm

KIK THOTS 👐

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Late Adoptors are low info consumers.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/201 ... in-the-us/

Late Majority (34%) – Individuals in this category will adopt an innovation after the average member of the society. These individuals approach an innovation with a high degree of skepticism and after the majority of society has adopted the innovation. Late Majority are typically skeptical about an innovation, have below average social status, very little financial lucidity, in contact with others in late majority and early majority, very little opinion leadership.

Laggards (16%) – Individuals in this category are the last to adopt an innovation. Unlike some of the previous categories, individuals in this category show little to no opinion leadership. These individuals typically have an aversion to change-agents and tend to be advanced in age. Laggards typically tend to be focused on “traditions”, likely to have lowest social status, lowest financial fluidity, be oldest of all other adopters, in contact with only family and close friends, very little to no opinion leadership.

https://ondigitalmarketing.com/learn/od ... -adoption/

Last edited by kybkh on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Do I need to drop unibomber truth bombs in here??

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:46 pm

Meme'd into existence.

This graph clearly shows something changed in 2014, specifically between July and Sept.

Doesn't take much science to surmise that what you see happen following Ferguson. A 200x greater impact in Sept 2014 shows somebody flipped a switch.

http://www.pewinternet.org/2018/07/11/a ... vism_0-01/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:39 pm

kybkh wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:29 pm
Late Adoptors are low info consumers.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/201 ... in-the-us/

Late Majority (34%) – Individuals in this category will adopt an innovation after the average member of the society. These individuals approach an innovation with a high degree of skepticism and after the majority of society has adopted the innovation. Late Majority are typically skeptical about an innovation, have below average social status, very little financial lucidity, in contact with others in late majority and early majority, very little opinion leadership.

Laggards (16%) – Individuals in this category are the last to adopt an innovation. Unlike some of the previous categories, individuals in this category show little to no opinion leadership. These individuals typically have an aversion to change-agents and tend to be advanced in age. Laggards typically tend to be focused on “traditions”, likely to have lowest social status, lowest financial fluidity, be oldest of all other adopters, in contact with only family and close friends, very little to no opinion leadership.

https://ondigitalmarketing.com/learn/od ... -adoption/

Interesting. I don't use a "smart" phone, though I do have a flip-phone cell. I spent 30 years in IT, quite often being on-call any time nights/weekends so have always had multiple desktop/laptop computers (for work & personal use) - yet I quite honestly loathe the idea of carrying the internet around with me 24/7. In fact one thing I noticed is people would ask me things and I'd have answers for them from experience from years before having the same issue - the usual response I'd get after was "how do you remember stuff from years ago? I can barely remember last week." :roll:

I'll keep my attention span and forego the "smart" phone, thanks.

Interestingly I'm also one of the very few people I know who have no mortgage (home paid off, not renting), no car loan, and I'm definitely the highest net-worth of anyone in my group.

Sceptical about innovation though - yes. I don't want a spy-cam TV (in fact I gave up TV years ago), I find the idea of the IOT with an internet connected 'fridge, thermostat, cameras all over, alexa and its ilk, etc, silly ways to invite outsiders into your home. "Smart" phones, see above. One of the "features" I looked for in a new car was an actual metal *key*, y'know that operates a mechanical linkage to the door lock... someone still needs to explain to me how you release the hood of your car to jumpstart the battery that died when your only way to open the door to get to the hood release is electronic? :think: (This actually happened to a friend of mine last year, an hour late for work because the battery was dead (electrical issue in a 1y/o car) and he had to wait 45+min for the dealer to send someone to open the car since his only entry is keyfob... "progress").

Edit: oh yeah, same friend, I drove him to pick up that new car. Dealer says "we need to set the clock, where's your iPhone?" - he owns no cell, I had mine but it's a dumb flip phone... nobody knew how to set the clock without "the app". The owners manual was incredibly vague - it took them almost an hour and 3 different people to figure out the correct way to navigate all the menus and steering wheel buttons, etc, to set the damn clock. Remember when it was two buttons on the clock itself? "Progress" :roll:

kybkh

Re: 2014, The Year Smart Phones Were Weaponized

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:56 am

I know some of y'all think I am a crazed conspiracist who thinks Obamaphones are MkUltra II but that is not what I literally believe. I started this thread after seeing multiple polls showing 2014 as a moment the sentiment of our society began to shift in a big way.

My OP thread title was "What Gives?? Why Did We Start Discriminating Again?".

My original hypothesis was that the uptick in discord was from the Dems firing up the base for the 2016 election cycle. Which when you look at trends, years leading in to presidential elections often result in higher racial tensions. However, the 2014 dip was different and the trigger appears to be Freddie Gray.

How did a false narrative lead to such violent disruption in long-term trends?

You go to charts and start connecting the dots pretty easily. Obama says "I got a phone" to mobilize his Southern Baptist Peeps. He uses his connections to Silicon Valley to rile up the base and the result was like underestimating the megatons of a nuclear war head by the 100s. I can't imagine Obama thought his attack on the white judicial establishment would have resulted in seven cops getting gunned down but that incident was a direct result from Obama's anti-police rhetoric he used to get his base fired up.

All that said, obviously the government wants as many people with smartphones as they can get because the data collected gives them energy. Obama was the first to use smart phones as a weapon in the US. Trump's push to get 5G to rural areas show that he won't be the last.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:58 am

kybkh

Re: 2014, When Memes Become Reality

Post by kybkh » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 am

Gallup began polling opinions of race relations back in 2001. At that point, 70 percent of black Americans graded race relations as “very good” or “somewhat good,” while 62 percent of white people agreed.

Think about that… Eighteen years ago, black people were more satisfied with race relations than white people.

For another dozen years, outside of a bump here and a hiccup there, those numbers held. On average, more than 60 percent of black people and around 70 percent of white people gauged race relations as good...In 2013, all was still good. More than two-thirds of blacks and whites were optimistic about race relations, and then it all collapsed. We went into a five-year dive we have still not recovered from. In the latest polling, only 55 percent of whites and 49 percent of blacks view race relations in a positive light.

So what happened in 2013?

What suddenly killed everything?

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... relations/

Speaker to Animals

Re: 2014, When Memes Become Reality

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:24 am

kybkh wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 am

What suddenly killed everything?
George Zimmerman trial.

That was also the year the MSM went into overdrive to recast every possible police shooting of a black as murder. The MSM decided to foment race riots in cities everywhere. Then they refused to report the black on white hate crimes they themselves instigated.

I remember in my own state around that time a black dude getting shot by police in Charlotte. The MSM took the bodycam footage and edited out every last frame showing him with a gun and drawing down on police. They created a race riot in Charlotte in which blacks were attacking and robbing every white person they could get a hold of. The MSM neither admitted they lied about the shooting or reported on the hate crimes perpetrated by blacks.

I can assure you race relations from the white side never recovered. Because of YouTube, we all saw the truth.