The Great Wall of Trump

Montegriffo

Re: The Great Wall of Trump

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:26 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:22 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Moving the goalposts to ''the whole of Europe'' I see.
Even then, with a population of 500 million, Europe has not seen 250 terror attacks this year.

Not even in the years 2006-2018 did that many occur.

Year Attacks Deaths
2006 1 Not reported
2007 4 Not reported
2008 0 Not reported
2009 1 Not reported
2010 3 Not reported
2011 0 Not reported
2012 6 8
2013 0 1
2014 2 4
2015 17 150
2016 13 135
2017 33 62
2018 24 13
Oh Really?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/r ... 67996.html
Read your own links.
The 107 terrorist attacks in the UK included 88 in Northern Ireland at the hands of Republican terrorists.
Which makes Catholics more than four times as violent as Muslims.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 am
Yeah, pick the worst year of terror attacks and use that as a comparison. That's not good statistical analysis.
How about using the figures from this year or maybe 2011 when there were no attacks.
Also you included foiled attacks and attacks where there were no deaths.
The only thing that you have proved is that you can torture statistics to make them say whatever you want then to say
Okay, then. Pick a year and I will run the math again.

You are sinking at this point, if you demand the ability to cherry pick years, and yet I remain quite confident it matters not what year you pick in the past ten years. Your terrorism problem is orders of magnitude worse than our overhyped mass shooter problem. Like.. not even a close match. We just saw that in 2017 your problem was two orders of magnitude greater. How many less terror attacks do you think you need to see to turn that around?

I should get paid for teaching you statistics and critical thinking like this. Not even being mean about it..

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 am

Muslim terrorists aren't really needed in the UK. They were invited in and are being allowed to take over the country without having to shoot or blow up anyone. The English just rolled over let themselves be taken over, so meh about terrorist attacks there.

Also, if you look up where many of the "mass shootings" (many are gang fights or domestic disputes) take place, they are in Chicago and DC. Places that have the strictest gun laws are the places where most of the shootings are taking place. Oh, and they are run by Democrats. Have been for decades.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:26 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:22 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Moving the goalposts to ''the whole of Europe'' I see.
Even then, with a population of 500 million, Europe has not seen 250 terror attacks this year.

Not even in the years 2006-2018 did that many occur.

Oh Really?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/r ... 67996.html
Read your own links.
The 107 terrorist attacks in the UK included 88 in Northern Ireland at the hands of Republican terrorists.
You did not define the kind of attacks.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Yeah, pick the worst year of terror attacks and use that as a comparison. That's not good statistical analysis.
How about using the figures from this year or maybe 2011 when there were no attacks.
The only thing that you have proved is that you can torture statistics to make them say whatever you want then to say

You are sinking at this point, if you demand the ability to cherry pick years, and yet I remain quite confident it matters not what year you pick in the past ten years. Your terrorism problem is orders of magnitude worse than our overhyped mass shooter problem. Like.. not even a close match. We just saw that in 2017 your problem was two orders of magnitude greater. How many less terror attacks do you think you need to see to turn that around?

I should get paid for teaching you statistics and critical thinking like this. Not even being mean about it..
Now show the actual figures for deaths caused by Islamic terrorists.
Not foiled attempts,
not attacks with no deaths or injuries,
not IRA attacks,
an average over 10 years not cherry-picking the worst year.
Now compare that to the number of deaths and injuries from mass shootings alone over the same period.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Read your own links.
I did
Much smaller risk so much easier to accept.
Also, very few Islamic terrorists are refugees. Most are born in and are full citizens of the countries they attack, much like mass shooters only less white.
so did StA
Well, fuck it then if it's too difficult.
Just have to accept the risk of getting blown up by yet another Muslim "refugee" every time you go to a public event.

Try reading the thread before you jump in half-cocked.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:14 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Now show the actual figures for deaths caused by Islamic terrorists.
Not foiled attempts,
not attacks with no deaths or injuries,
not IRA attacks,
an average over 10 years not cherry-picking the worst year.
Now compare that to the number of deaths and injuries from mass shootings alone over the same period.

Pick a year, Monty.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 am
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Read your own links.
I did
Much smaller risk so much easier to accept.
Also, very few Islamic terrorists are refugees. Most are born in and are full citizens of the countries they attack, much like mass shooters only less white.
so did StA
Well, fuck it then if it's too difficult.
Just have to accept the risk of getting blown up by yet another Muslim "refugee" every time you go to a public event.

Try reading the thread before you jump in half-cocked.
Irrelevant either way, you are being called out and are refusing to play the game you made.

Pick a year.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 am

Pick the last 10 years and show the average.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 am
Pick the last 10 years and show the average.
I am not going to normalize the data for every year and then calculate an average. It's damned near impossible to find the statistics any longer because the search engines won't index that shit.

You still don't understand the statistical problem with your argument. The average number of fatalities over the course of years does not accurately portray the risk of terrorism because it ignores failed attacks or attacks that did not result in fatalities. Furthermore, and for the final time, you cannot just average raw data out and compare that to United States mass shooting statistics. You have to normalize the data according to population, and your population changes each year.

You need to look at the number of prevented and carried out terror attacks, not the fatalities. Same is true with mass shootings in America. Then you need to normalize the data according to population.

There obviously exists no year on record where your terror statistics are better than our mass shooting statistics.