Bannon - Catholic church wants "unlimited illegal immigration"

DBTrek

Bannon - Catholic church wants "unlimited illegal immigration"

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:15 am

Steve Bannon says Catholic Church has "economic interest" in "unlimited illegal immigration"

In his first extensive interview since leaving the Trump administration, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is speaking out about President Trump's decision to end the DACA program. The Obama-era policy protects nearly 800,000 undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children from deportation.

Bannon spoke to Charlie Rose in an interview that will air this Sunday, Sept. 10, on "60 Minutes."

Steve Bannon: Look, what he did on DACA the other day. Okay, I don't agree with that DACA decision, but I understand how he struggled with it, I understand how he's giving the possibility of a legislative thing. And he said even last night in a tweet – even in a tweet, he would rethink it. Trust me, the guys in the far right, the guys on the conservative side are not happy with this.

Charlie Rose: Can I remind you, a good Catholic, that Cardinal [Timothy] Dolan is opposed to what's happened with DACA? Cardinal Dolan.

Bannon: The Catholic Church has been terrible about this.

Rose: Okay.

Bannon: The bishops have been terrible about this. By the way, you know why? You know why? Because unable to really – to – to – to come to grips with the problems in the church, they need illegal aliens, they need illegal aliens to fill the churches. That's – it's obvious on the face of it. That's what – the entire Catholic bishops condemn him. ... They have – they have an economic interest. They have an economic interest in unlimited immigration, unlimited illegal immigration. And as much as –

Rose: Boy, that's a tough thing to say about your church.

Bannon: As much as I respect Cardinal Dolan and the bishops on doctrine, this is not doctrine. This is not doctrine at all. I totally respect the pope and I totally respect the Catholic bishops and cardinals on doctrine. This is not about doctrine. This is about the sovereignty of a nation. And in that regard, they're just another guy with an opinion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-bann ... 0-minutes/
It doesn't take a genius to see that the main concern of the Catholic Church is not (and shouldn't be) the sovereignty of national borders. They deal in souls, not state boundaries. But it's interesting that Bannon thinks the Church has enough pull to affect illegal immigration to America. It's not like Mexico, Latin America, and South America have to come *here* to find a Catholic church.
They have a pretty good number of churches themselves.

But what do I know? I'm not a Catholic expert or an immigration expert. Maybe the Pope is orchestrating a wholesale invasion to fill American pews.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Re: Bannon - Catholic church wants "unlimited illegal immigration"

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 am

Replace "Catholic Church" with Pope Francis, and he has a point. There is no official Catholic policy on this other than that the fact that a nation has the right to deny immigration, but not emigration.

Also, in the US, the bishops for sure are supportive of mass migration because they expect it will turn the United States into a Catholic nation within fifty years.

In Europe.. not so much. Lots of Catholic bishops are on record as saying fuck no to the mass migration of Muslims into European nations.

You can't really put it all together into one common theme.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am

Put this in the conspiracy thread if you want, but there aRe reports that Pope Benedict was effectively pushed out by Obama and others because they wanted a Globalist SJW Catholic leader.

They got one
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:29 am

It *is* being pushed pretty hard.

One of my deacons was trying to get us to support some group of immigrants who were getting booted from where they lived, and one of his comments was to the effects that there is no such thing as an illegal immigrant. They are all human beings and deserve to live here just like us.

I was a bit pissed at that. So were a lot of other parishioners judging by the looks on people's faces.

The bishops and the American hierarchy want this because they want more Catholics in America. They bought into the Americanism heresy a long time ago too.

Meanwhile, there is pretty much ZERO chance bishops in Mexico and Central America are demanding that their parishioners support opening the borders to a flood of Anglos.

This isn't like some universal attitude in the Church. It's targeted at nations of European descent.

To say it's the entire Church like he did is to miss the point. He's a civic nationalist just like the bishops pushing this stuff. He doesn't want to accept that these things are targeting only one group of people on this planet.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 am

Current pope admits to seeing a French psychoanalyst. I'm sure it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

I don't know if the Church has that much political clout but anti-papists have feared this for decades.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:36 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Replace "Catholic Church" with Pope Francis, and he has a point. There is no official Catholic policy on this other than that the fact that a nation has the right to deny immigration, but not emigration.

Also, in the US, the bishops for sure are supportive of mass migration because they expect it will turn the United States into a Catholic nation within fifty years.

In Europe.. not so much. Lots of Catholic bishops are on record as saying fuck no to the mass migration of Muslims into European nations.

Its pretty simple I'd think. Catholic institutions and priests generally want more people to be Catholic. Most Latinos are Catholic in name or belief so there's that. Arabs and Turks are not.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Replace "Catholic Church" with Pope Francis, and he has a point. There is no official Catholic policy on this other than that the fact that a nation has the right to deny immigration, but not emigration.

Its pretty simple I'd think. Catholic institutions and priests generally want more people to be Catholic. Most Latinos are Catholic in name or belief so there's that. Arabs and Turks are not.

It's not that simple, though. Mexican bishops oppose illegal immigration from Central America, and those immigrants are Catholics.

It's really just nations of European descent where this madness is being pushed. Literally, nobody else is for it in their own countries.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:21 am

At least it makes the housing crashes more festive.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:10 am

Nukedog wrote:Current pope admits to seeing a French psychoanalyst. I'm sure it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

I don't know if the Church has that much political clout but anti-papists have feared this for decades.
Definitely has nothing to do with pedophilia, either.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 am

Homosexuality involves pedophilia in the majority of cases a la Milo pederasty type shit.