neo-Nazis in British Army arrested

heydaralon

Re: neo-Nazis in British Army arrested

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:When George Orwell visited Canada he broke down and wept. He would rather have been an untouchable hide tanner in the poorest dirt road punjabi province then ever set foot in Canada again. I think even visiting there once caused him to question humanity more than the Spanish Civil War. He stayed for about five minutes and got back on the steamship.
Well of course, as we British North Americans, we look down on the rest of the Empire, not the rich mind you, we like Wills and Kate, but most of the rest are an uncouth lot by our priggish standards.

I mean, Orwell? Fucking communist, get out.
Eminem wrote the sequel called the Road to Wigger Pier
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 pm

heydaralon wrote:Eminem wrote the sequel called the Road to Wigger Pier
:lol:
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:17 pm

I always like Kim Philby, even though he was a traitor. He fucked over the British by colluding with Russia, and his dad fucked over the British by colluding with America and Saudi Arabia for a petroleum partnership. Family of traitors, but makes for an interesting story. I have no idea if he was born in the Raj. I think he was but idk.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:19 pm

de officiis wrote:I think the point is that in your 11:05 post, you stated "Britain is a nationality - but it's also a culture." You suggested that the British are losing their culture because they have welcomed an influx of Muslims who do not share what you characterize as "British culture." But as you have admitted, the absence of a shared culture is true for the Amish, although they are undoubtedly American citizens. So the question is, how much of a shared culture makes up a nationality? Apparently, it cannot be the sole criteria, so merely "possessing a passport"--i.e., being a citizen from a legal standpoint, but not partaking of a shared culture--is also important.
You say I accuse the British of losing their culture, but that is wrong. I'm defending the idea that they have a culture that involves more than passport ownership. A halal diet isn't something normal people connect with the British culture. People would, however, identify it with an Islamic culture.

Now, a rational actor could reason "Well, damn. Various Islamic countries do have their own customs, values, shared history, and norms. . . so I guess the British probably do to", right?

But that's a bridge too far, apparently. Instead what we're hearing is "A Muslim Man with a British passport is British culture".

So if you're looking to address how a minority culture might peaceably abide in a nation, or what a majority culture should do if a significant portion of a minority culture goes rogue, you have an uphill battle. Right now we have folks who classify British culture as nothing more than an Iranian clutching a UK passport. There can be no discussion on cultural relationships within a nation when only one side is credited with having a culture.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:20 pm

They should make a movie about his life. He's basically a tragic figure. He thought that he was joining an elite soviet society, but really he was a pretty face they used for propaganda. He looks kind of like a combo of John Hurt and Jon Hamm from Mad Men so one of those dudes could play him.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:22 pm

heydaralon wrote:I always like Kim Philby, even though he was a traitor. He fucked over the British by colluding with Russia, and his dad fucked over the British by colluding with America and Saudi Arabia for a petroleum partnership. Family of traitors. I have no idea if he was born in the Raj. I think he was but idk.
Well I like that when he got to the USSR he found out that he was a nobody, nobody over there fucking cared, they didn't trust him because he was a traitor and a drunk, and they treated him just like every other prole in the dictatorship; absent his cushy lifestyle as an upper class twit and he was miserable and died miserable; burn in Hell, Kim Philby.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I always like Kim Philby, even though he was a traitor. He fucked over the British by colluding with Russia, and his dad fucked over the British by colluding with America and Saudi Arabia for a petroleum partnership. Family of traitors. I have no idea if he was born in the Raj. I think he was but idk.
Well I like that when he got to the USSR he found out that he was a nobody, nobody over there fucking cared, they didn't trust him because he was a traitor and a drunk, and they treated him just like every other prole in the dictatorship; absent his cushy lifestyle as an upper class twit and he was miserable and died miserable; burn in Hell, Kim Philby.
He got the Guy Burgess treatment :lol:
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I despise upper class Bolshies, they should hang, lower class Bolshies on the other hand, should be bludgeoned, but not hung.

Thankfully, the Bolshevisks tend to take care of most that for us, as they eat their own.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I despise upper class Bolshies, they should hang, lower class Bolshies on the other hand, should be bludgeoned, but not hung.

Thankfully, the Bolshevisks tend to take care of most that for us, as they eat their own.
How would you rate the Social Justice Left of today with the Bolshies of yesteryear? Worse, better, more of the same?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 pm

heydaralon wrote:How would you rate the Social Justice Left of today with the Bolshies of yesteryear? Worse, better, more of the same?
Well I'd say just bludgeon them at this juncture, but a right good bludgeoning mind you, put your back into it.
Nec Aspera Terrent