Gab.ai soon to go the way of Daily Stormer

TheReal_ND

Gab.ai soon to go the way of Daily Stormer

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:02 pm

...We believe this effort was coordinated and planned. We knew this day would come and now we have entered a crossroads with a very binary decision: remove one post or lose our domain and thus the entire website.

Our choice was very clear to me. The post needs to come down. If it does not, we lose our domain. To my knowledge there are no pro-free speech domain registrars and that is a massive problem. Our only other option now would be to play a cat and mouse game by transferring our domain to another registrar. Others who have attempted to play this game have failed and even had their domain seized completely from under them. We will not play these games. We have little choice, for now.
The free and open internet as we know it is under attack. It is centralized and controlled by no more than a handful of companies who provide these services:

• Hosting
    DDoS protection
    Payment Processing
    Domain Registrars
    Mobile device hardware and software distribution

Without any of these things an individual website can not possibly compete and operate at scale. If left unchecked, these centralized platforms will continue their dominance and control the means of all information, personal data, and communication on the internet.

https://medium.com/@getongab/we-are-at- ... 6629fba4bf

Speaker to Animals

Re: Gab.ai soon to go the way of Daily Stormer

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:08 pm

You still anti-net neutrality?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:12 pm

What's the difference? Decentralization seems to be a solution. The liberal regime wether in the corporate office or the halls of government are the same thing.

Fuck Net Neutrality and fuck the FCC

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Nukedog wrote:What's the difference? Decentralization seems to be a solution. The liberal regime wether in the corporate office or the halls of government are the same thing.

Fuck Net Neutrality and fuck the FCC

It already is decentralized.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Not domain registrars. There has to be another way. Like zeronet maybe. I messed around with it, but I don't understand it fully.

https://zeronet.io

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Nukedog wrote:Not domain registrars. There has to be another way. Like zeronet maybe. I messed around with it, but I don't understand it fully.

https://zeronet.io

There exist literally hundreds of domain registrars spread out on every continent except Antarctica.

Decentralization will not solve this. You need government regulations that prohibit this kind of discrimination. It's not their business what people are saying on the internet.

I realize you hate the idea of the government regulating it, but this is far worse.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:29 pm

I mean ICANN or whatever. DNS resolvers like google. It's too centralized. It should have stayed here in America at least.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:35 pm

ICANN is not trying to shut down Gab. It's the registrar doing it. Eventually it will also be Cloudfare too.

Nor did ICANN kick their app off the Android store.

There is literally no solution to this other than net neutrality regulations.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:39 pm

No that was google. I wish someone would nut up and release a stable GNU platform for smartphones. Apparently there are some that are ok that you can even get apps for

https://f-droid.org

Us, that actually care about free speech, need to deplatform the deplatformers
There is literally no solution to this other than net neutrality regulations.
Government is not the solution. Fat lot of good your government has done for us so far. You trust unelected officials to let you say what you want? How dumb are you?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Well, they kept censorship from booting your websites until Trump ended net neutrality, so..