Trump - MILITARIZE THE POLICE! Me - Nah.

Smitty-48

Re: Trump - MILITARIZE THE POLICE! Me - Nah.

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:00 pm

DBTrek wrote:Dude didn't identify himself as a cop till a few minutes into the encounter.
Bet if that motorcyclist busted a cap in the detective's ass out of fear he was being jacked it would be the boys in blue "crying about it".
You want to go home at the end of shift? Don't draw guns on strangers and accost them in the middle of the street.
That was dangerous and stupid. Don't care how the idiot handles his pistol.
Derp.
Whatevs, no harm no foul, I'm not gonna nitpick it, and since he was smartly at the low ready, he would have blown that rice rocket ridin' hipster faggot into the next world, if he ever tried to reach for it, hence, tactically sound. /shrugs.

If you're a sheriffs deputy, you gonna have to draw down on some strangers, and no doubt they're all gonna cry that they're being "accosted" by the armed agents of the state, that just goes with the territory, but I ain't mad'atchas, Johnny Law, do what you gotta do, and if the noisy minority wails about it, don't fret, the silent majority has your back, and you always gotta be ready to lawyer up anyways, so just getter done, don't sweat the chickenshit.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Weird how the road pirate holds his firearm like a criminal.
Nah, that's tactical, keep it tight to you, with one hand free, ready for CQB, and to shoot from there as necessary.

If you're going from room to room, clearing your property, home defense scenario, that's how you should roll.

That's basically "at the low ready"; with a sidearm.

You should train to shoot from there, free hand for search/seize/ward/fend, low ready snap shoot point blank simultaneous; counterambush scenario.

Personally, if I had to search/seize on the highways of America, I'd be set for ward/fend shoot from the low ready too.

Lolbergs wanna cry about it, whatevs, just go home at the end of your shift.
Col. Jeff Cooper would assess this situation in about a tenth of a second, right? Compressed Ready is the only way to go; this doesn't seem controversial . . . AT ALL.

Redbox Gangstas gonna Redbox Gansta, I guess. :shrug:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Fife wrote:Col. Jeff Cooper would assess this situation in about a tenth of a second, right? Compressed Ready is the only way to go; this doesn't seem controversial . . . AT ALL.

High compressed is the next level of ready, but you're not going to be at the high compressed when you need your free hand, whether search/seize, or just going around your house turning lights on and opening doors, so you drop to the low ready when you have to put your free hand into the breach.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm

:lol:

Didn't know we had so many fans of unchecked state force for minor traffic violations.
I guess as long as they hold their guns nicely, eh?

What a puppet circus.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:19 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Weird how the road pirate holds his firearm like a criminal.
Nah, that's tactical, keep it tight to you, with one hand free, ready for CQB, and to shoot from there as necessary.

If you're going from room to room, clearing your property, home defense scenario, that's how you should roll.

That's basically "at the low ready"; with a sidearm.

You should train to shoot from there, free hand for search/seize/ward/fend, low ready snap shoot point blank simultaneous; counterambush scenario.

Personally, if I had to search/seize on the highways of America, I'd be set for ward/fend shoot from the low ready too.

Lolbergs wanna cry about it, whatevs, just go home at the end of your shift.
Dude didn't identify himself as a cop till a few minutes into the encounter.
Bet if that motorcyclist busted a cap in the detective's ass out of fear he was being jacked it would be the boys in blue "crying about it".
You want to go home at the end of shift? Don't draw guns on strangers and accost them in the middle of the street.
That was dangerous and stupid. Don't care how the idiot handles his pistol.
Derp.

Give me the context and I'm with you. Did this cop just say, "the next motherfucker on a bike I see is getting his ass run," or was something else going on?

How do I know, based on what you've provided, that this victim was flashing his piece out on the lanes? I need the big picture here to lay waste to this cop.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:20 pm

It's almost like I linked the larger story in the initial post just for police state-fellatio fans.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fife wrote:Col. Jeff Cooper would assess this situation in about a tenth of a second, right? Compressed Ready is the only way to go; this doesn't seem controversial . . . AT ALL.

High compressed is the next level of ready, but you're not going to be at the high compressed when you need your free hand, whether search/seize, or just going around your house turning lights on and opening doors, so you drop to the low ready when you have to put your free hand into the breach.
Agreed, I was (obviously inartfully) talmbout the MHF "critique" of this cop's handling of his firearm, as if he were making some intentional decision to hide his piece amongst his manboobs from other people on the highway.

Redbox Gangstas gonna Redbox Gansta.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Ah, I see.

So if you're going to randomly draw down on random motorcycle riders, then this asshole has great technique. Fantastic. If we're going to start extolling the effective techniques of state violence against perpetrators of minor infractions zyklon-B should probably get its own thread, eh?

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:39 pm

DBTrek wrote:Ah, I see.

So if you're going to randomly draw down on random motorcycle riders, then this asshole has great technique. Fantastic. If we're going to start extolling the effective techniques of state violence against perpetrators of minor infractions zyklon-B should probably get its own thread, eh?
/sigh

Why did this cop pull this guy over? Inquiring minds want to know.

Do you have any doubt about how quickly I will light this cop up if the stop was "random?"

Really?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Christ, dude... click the link. The chief of police already launched an investigation. Speeding, dude. The motorcycle was speeding.