Lolbergs need to just stop.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Lolbergs need to just stop.

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Can you direct me to a site that explains the "true" libertarian position that opposes open borders?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I can only make judgments based on the stated ideology of libertarianism. The no-true Scotsman game gets old.
Dude, that's a fucking wiki article you're citing as a statement against interest of everyone who might suggest anything untoward about the state.

I'm giving you Mises and Rothbard. I don't mind you trolling, at all. But all the making up of nonsense fallacy claims is just too junior high, even for me.

But while we are at it, your retreat to your safe-space Motte from your wide open Bailey is as entertaining as it is predictable.

:goteam: :drunk:
You hate the government so much, but it was this same government who provided you with FEMA level assistance after the gators laid smackdown after brutal smackdown on the Vols in Neyland and the Swamp year in and year out, sending shockwaves of pain and destruction throughout your state.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Can you direct me to a site that explains the "true" libertarian position that opposes open borders?
FFS, go back about 10 minutes ago in this thread. Those links give you a clue of what I think is best.

I care no more about "true" libertarian positions than I care about "true" GOP positions, or "true" CC positions.

Are you bound in your faith and acts by the dictates of Frances?

What's the "true" Catholic position on open borders? Since you are member of the CC, I can see that it would be important to you to have an understanding of the Church's "true" position, and if that differs from the Pope's position, I can see that might create a conflict for you.

If I were a Libertarian, I guess I might GAF about a "true" position of the libertarians as an identity group, or a half-assed political party. Fuck that; but I can tell you what is best.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Can you direct me to a site that explains the "true" libertarian position that opposes open borders?
FFS, go back about 10 minutes ago in this thread. Those links give you a clue of what I think is best.

I care no more about "true" libertarian positions than I care about "true" GOP positions, or "true" CC positions.

What's the "true" Catholic position on open borders? Since you are member of the CC, I can see that it would be important to you to have an understanding of the Church's "true" position, and if that differs from the Pope's position, I can see that might create a conflict for you.

If I were a Libertarian, I guess I might GAF about a "true" position of the libertarians as an identity group, or a half-assed political party. Fuck that; but I can tell you what is best.

Can you please repost it? All I could find was useless snark.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:

Can you please repost it? All I could find was useless snark.

Fife wrote:Yeah, but so what? Who believes that shit? Your imaginary playmates in the LP don't know whether to shit or go sailing.

Open Borders Are an Assault on Private Property

Free immigration would appear to be in a different category from other policy decisions, in that its consequences permanently and radically alter the very composition of the democratic political body that makes those decisions. In fact, the liberal order, where and to the degree that it exists, is the product of a highly complex cultural development. One wonders, for instance, what would become of the liberal society of Switzerland under a regime of “open borders.”

And read some Rothbard: https://mises.org/library/nations-conse ... on-state-0
It was all of 25 minutes ago, one page back.

And the "it" I posted has nothing to do with a "true" libertarian position, which is just about as silly as it gets. The "it" I posted has to do with thinking regarding open borders and the opinions of liberty minded writers I happen to like. I don't know if you'll ever read a word of Rothbard, but if even one mewling Millennial Gibs-Gibs reads even one sentence as a result of the goofy shit we are doing now, then I'll be happy.

:)

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Of course, while the conservative movement seeks to discredit libertarianism, it must always be kept in mind that if libertarians were not innately predisposed to sympathizing with conservatism they would be full blown liberals. Libertarians are not enemies of the American cultural organism. No, they are simply misguided. And it is a fact that, given a choice, most of them would rather stand side by side with their conservative brethren against the evil liberal Megadeus when the time comes, and this natural amity must always be kept in mind as the conservative movement deals with libertarianism. Libertarianism is to be discredited, but libertarians themselves should not be considered enemies of We the People as the liberal traitors and communist villains are.

Again, libertarianism began with an attempt to turn conservatism into a congruent and rational philosophy. Of course, being an irrational group-feeling, an organic survival instinct of the American people, any attempt at rationalizing conservatism would pigeonhole it, force it to congeal into something inorganic, force it to be something other than what it really is. Therefore it was only natural that when the founders of libertarianism attempted to work out the moral maze of their philosophy, they discovered that various aspects of conservatism were intellectually contradictory. And they attempted to solve these contradictions by idealizing what they saw as the greatest conservative instinct—the love of liberty (hence the term libertarianism.)