When did people get so easily offended?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: When did people get so easily offended?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Oh, I see.
It's hard to converse in the hallway because you don't speak Hindi or Pashtun, is that what you're saying?
Get me HR.
:twisted:
This reminds me of a lunch conversation that I had with a kid at my last job. He was a 20-something homosexual Chinese H1B worker. Strange kid, but very good coder.
He was scoping out jobs in San Francisco, and had a phone interview with a tech company that was interested in him. He said he wasn't going to take it, because when he asked about the company's stance on diversity, they responded with 'well we have lots of different races and ethnicities here, open to all, blah blah'. I didn't understand what was wrong with their answer, and he said that they didn't sound pro-active enough. I pressed him for more, and he said that he expected them to have a prepared set of initiatives to promote their diversity, and 'do more' to get minorities.

I chewed for a second, completely baffled, then explained to him that companies exist to make money. They do not give a fuck about minorities or whites, or anything else, and I'd actually trust an employer less, if they were actively pandering to 'employee diversity' and social issues. He went quiet, and maybe dismissed the point. Conversation over.

You can't reason with these kids, because they have no common experience to draw upon. You can offer advice, but they'll never take it - just like we wouldn't at that age. 'Dumb old fucks don't know what they're talking about' and all that. Just accept it, and worry about your own shit. Let them fall on their faces and learn from it.

This social phase will fade and die on its own. It doesn't need to be 'resisted' or 'opposed' - that's the mistake that Antifa is making now. Don't do the same thing, and waste your own energy on something that doesn't matter. Provide for your family, and handle your business.

/lecture
It was much easier back in my day, we just called a spade a spade and they all had the decency to work on public transport and leave the offices to straight white men.
The women and the gays knew their place too.
It's political correctness gone mad, can't even call a poof a poof anymore.
I have yet to witness a single instance of workplace discrimination, in my working life. Businesses dgaf, and managers never pull anything when I'm around. Perhaps a benefit to having white males around.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:12 am

That's kind of my point. The PC culture everyone rails against has helped bring about workplaces without open discrimination.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:20 am

Montegriffo wrote:That's kind of my point. The PC culture everyone rails against has helped bring about workplaces without open discrimination.
And how. This type of situation is really insane. I was told because "I was the adult" I should have known better. Last time I checked they are all old enough to drink. Isn't that what they want to be considered adults today?

Fucking hell, these people instigated the debate, and I ended it, and they didn't like I was right.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:That's kind of my point. The PC culture everyone rails against has helped bring about workplaces without open discrimination.
Yes, but that battle was won decades ago. The problem is that they got addicted to that power, and are now desperately grasping for new issues to push - regardless of meaning or merit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:32 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yes, but that battle was won decades ago. The problem is that they got addicted to that power, and are now desperately grasping for new issues to push - regardless of meaning or merit.
Yeah well, they need to pound sand hard and fast if they think that shit is going to fly.
#NotOneRedCent

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:37 am

Man, keep your head down. You keep putting your noggin above the trench in no man's land it's going to get shot off. Respect for saying something to them in the face of all of that ignorance, but the only reason I said something in my old job is because well, it was a shitty part time job anyways, not an awesome job. Pick your battles.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am

jediuser598 wrote:Man, keep your head down. You keep putting your noggin above the trench in no man's land it's going to get shot off. Respect for saying something to them in the face of all of that ignorance, but the only reason I said something in my old job is because well, it was a shitty part time job anyways, not an awesome job. Pick your battles.

This was my first "battle". Honestly, I wasn't expecting this because they instigated it. It's as much their fault as it is mine, if not more so... but they won't see it that way.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:22 am

So just got done with the HR guy, he said I don't need to apologize. He said If they can share their political views, I can share mine.
#NotOneRedCent

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:31 am

The Conservative wrote:So just got done with the HR guy, he said I don't need to apologize. He said If they can share their political views, I can share mine.
Good luck man.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:35 am

Listen: stop fucking with these people. Do not debate them. Do not signal your politics and values around them.

You have to wage the culture war intelligently. Too many people are opposing Marxism in unintelligent ways.