When did people get so easily offended?

Kazmyr

Re: When did people get so easily offended?

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 am

apeman wrote: And, get ready for the lack-of-self-awareness gold medalist:
GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol: :lol: Where the hell do you work, that you have all this time to debate econ with 20-year-olds??
Says the man with 7,200+ posts during work hours here since Nov 30, 2016 :lol:
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:28 am

Kazmyr wrote:
apeman wrote: And, get ready for the lack-of-self-awareness gold medalist:
GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol: :lol: Where the hell do you work, that you have all this time to debate econ with 20-year-olds??
Says the man with 7,200+ posts during work hours here since Nov 30, 2016 :lol:

:lol:

I'll just say that you guys are generally more intelligent than 20-year-olds, and that this is 100x faster, and more conducive to work, than actually having a long-form conversation in the hallway.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol:

I'll just say that you guys are generally more intelligent than 20-year-olds, and that this is 100x faster, and more conducive to work, than actually having a long-form conversation in the hallway.
Oh, I see.
It's hard to converse in the hallway because you don't speak Hindi or Pashtun, is that what you're saying?
Get me HR.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 am

DBTrek wrote:

Oh, I see.
It's hard to converse in the hallway because you don't speak Hindi or Pashtun, is that what you're saying?
Get me HR.
This reminds me of a lunch conversation that I had with a kid at my last job. He was a 20-something homosexual Chinese H1B worker. Strange kid, but very good coder.
He was scoping out jobs in San Francisco, and had a phone interview with a tech company that was interested in him. He said he wasn't going to take it, because when he asked about the company's stance on diversity, they responded with 'well we have lots of different races and ethnicities here, open to all, blah blah'. I didn't understand what was wrong with their answer, and he said that they didn't sound pro-active enough. I pressed him for more, and he said that he expected them to have a prepared set of initiatives to promote their diversity, and 'do more' to get minorities.

I chewed for a second, completely baffled, then explained to him that companies exist to make money. They do not give a fuck about minorities or whites, or anything else, and I'd actually trust an employer less, if they were actively pandering to 'employee diversity' and social issues. He went quiet, and maybe dismissed the point. Conversation over.

You can't reason with these kids, because they have no common experience to draw upon. You can offer advice, but they'll never take it - just like we wouldn't at that age. 'Dumb old fucks don't know what they're talking about' and all that. Just accept it, and worry about your own shit. Let them fall on their faces and learn from it.

This social phase will fade and die on its own. It doesn't need to be 'resisted' or 'opposed' - that's the mistake that Antifa is making now. Don't do the same thing, and waste your own energy on something that doesn't matter. Provide for your family, and handle your business.

/lecture

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: This reminds me of a lunch conversation that I had with a kid at my last job. He was a 20-something homosexual Chinese H1B worker. Strange kid, but very good coder.
He was scoping out jobs in San Francisco, and had a phone interview with a tech company that was interested in him. He said he wasn't going to take it, because when he asked about the company's stance on diversity, they responded with 'well we have lots of different races and ethnicities here, open to all, blah blah'. I didn't understand what was wrong with their answer, and he said that they didn't sound pro-active enough. I pressed him for more, and he said that he expected them to have a prepared set of initiatives to promote their diversity, and 'do more' to get minorities.

I chewed for a second, completely baffled, then explained to him that companies exist to make money. They do not give a fuck about minorities or whites, or anything else, and I'd actually trust an employer less, if they were actively pandering to 'employee diversity' and social issues. He went quiet, and maybe dismissed the point. Conversation over.

You can't reason with these kids, because they have no common experience to draw upon. You can offer advice, but they'll never take it - just like we wouldn't at that age. 'Dumb old fucks don't know what they're talking about' and all that. Just accept it, and worry about your own shit. Let them fall on their faces and learn from it.

This social phase will fade and die on its own. It doesn't need to be 'resisted' or 'opposed' - that's the mistake that Antifa is making now. Don't do the same thing, and waste your own energy on something that doesn't matter. Provide for your family, and handle your business.

/lecture
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 am

They were also all excited about their credit card points, and kept trying to explain to me how awesome it was to get free money because they used them for everything. I patiently explained compound interest to them, and got a blank stare.

There is literally no point in trying to educate them, unless they want it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:They were also all excited about their credit card points, and kept trying to explain to me how awesome it was to get free money because they used them for everything. I patiently explained compound interest to them, and got a blank stare.

There is literally no point in trying to educate them, unless they want it.
At this point, you're running a 1,000 m race against people who insist on wearing comically large Ronald McDonald clown shoes.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 am

DBTrek wrote:Yeah,

May want to take the Jumbo Mug of Death Head's Coffee filled with bowie knives and throwing stars off of your desk right about now.
Well, I have my death wish mug and skull sugar spoon...

As for things, just had a meeting, everything is kosher.
#NotOneRedCent

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 am

The Conservative wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Yeah,

May want to take the Jumbo Mug of Death Head's Coffee filled with bowie knives and throwing stars off of your desk right about now.
Well, I have my death wish mug and skull sugar spoon...

As for things, just had a meeting, everything is kosher.
CULTURAL APPROPRIATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

Oh, I see.
Get me HR.
This reminds me of a lunch conversation that I had with a kid at my last job. He was a 20-something homosexual Chinese H1B worker. Strange kid, but very good coder.

/lecture
It was much easier back in my day, we just called a spade a spade and they all had the decency to work on public transport and leave the offices to straight white men.
The women and the gays knew their place too.
It's political correctness gone mad, can't even call a poof a poof anymore.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.