When did people get so easily offended?

DBTrek

Re: When did people get so easily offended?

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 am

Everyone ready for the OMG I JUST GOT FIRED post?
:lol:

It's like you didn't see that whole Google Engineer thing go down.

Well .. . good luck to you. Hopefully your workplace is cooler than the ones in Seattle. I've had friends and family get canned for less out here. But we're crazy left in Seattle, so maybe in your state they allow more freedom of expression without repercussion.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:I get the feeling you're being set up.
Good luck on that, I have shit on every single one of them. It's good to be the Director of Infrastructure/IT. I've seen their personal photos on work computers. Ammo is good.
Yeah... that's useful for revenge, but it won't stop you from getting fired.
Doubt it, the HR guy is getting tired of their shit. He's already told them more than once that if they want to claim butt-hurt, it better be legit, as in someone said something offensive to the point where it's racist, sexist, etc and can be proven.

I could easily say I've been triggered more than once or twice because of their statements in the past, but I don't say anything because I don't need to, I have a thick skin compared to them all.

Especially since quite a few of them have been claiming jokingly "I'm triggered" to their friends at work. It pisses me off when they say that because they have no idea what it means to be triggered if they can joke like that. I've seen shit, and been through shit... these people would collapse into balls and cry in the corner if they had to deal with some of the shit I have growing up.

I just may play their game on them, but I really hate playing that game, especially since it does nothing to help the work environment.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Good luck on that, I have shit on every single one of them. It's good to be the Director of Infrastructure/IT. I've seen their personal photos on work computers. Ammo is good.
Yeah... that's useful for revenge, but it won't stop you from getting fired.
Doubt it, the HR guy is getting tired of their shit. He's already told them more than once that if they want to claim butt-hurt, it better be legit, as in someone said something offensive to the point where it's racist, sexist, etc and can be proven.

I could easily say I've been triggered more than once or twice because of their statements in the past, but I don't say anything because I don't need to, I have a thick skin compared to them all.

Especially since quite a few of them have been claiming jokingly "I'm triggered" to their friends at work. It pisses me off when they say that because they have no idea what it means to be triggered if they can joke like that. I've seen shit, and been through shit... these people would collapse into balls and cry in the corner if they had to deal with some of the shit I have growing up.

I just may play their game on them, but I really hate playing that game, especially since it does nothing to help the work environment.
This is more shit that you need to get through. If your skin is as thick as you say, then brush it off.

You have responsibilities to your family. That supercedes your urge to correct stupid kids on their social bullshit. Focus.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:56 am

I've seen shit, and been through shit... these people would collapse into balls and cry in the corner if they had to deal with some of the shit I have growing up.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:57 am

DBTrek wrote:Everyone ready for the OMG I JUST GOT FIRED post?

It's like you didn't see that whole Google Engineer thing go down.

Well .. . good luck to you. Hopefully your workplace is cooler than the ones in Seattle. I've had friends and family get canned for less out here. But we're crazy left in Seattle, so maybe in your state they allow more freedom of expression without repercussion.

It's Massachusetts. No quarter will be given.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:04 am

They're typing away right now.

• "Dear HR,

I cannot work in this hostile work environment where you allow the director of IT to blame low wages on immigrants and accuse anyone below them of struggling due to laziness. I understand it's en vogue for privileged, white, middle-aged males to blame everything on immigrants and the economically disadvantaged, but it's insane to ask people to work under that constant barrage of abuse. I'm leaving and will be contacting the ACLU, the local news, and real president Obama as soon as I exit the door. This resignation letter has been posted to my Twitter feed, Facebook, and Tumblr. I'm very hurt that you've allowed us all to suffer this.

Signed,
    Not Your Lazy Immigrant Piñata Anymore"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 am

That's not how they do it. They usually pretend to feel threatened or unsafe. They make it about being an unsafe workplace because of his threatening behavior. They use accusations of racism and mysogony only as the motivating factors for his workplace violence.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 am

TC you CANNOT argue with these people, you literally have 0% chance of anything like this ending well. Before they can you, make sure you remove the disassembled AR-15 hidden in the ceiling paneling on your office! :naughty:

And, get ready for the lack-of-self-awareness gold medalist:
GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol: :lol: Where the hell do you work, that you have all this time to debate econ with 20-year-olds??
Says the man with 7,200+ posts during work hours here since Nov 30, 2016 :lol:

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:That's not how they do it. They usually pretend to feel threatened or unsafe. They make it about being an unsafe workplace because of his threatening behavior. They use accusations of racism and mysogony only as the motivating factors for his workplace violence.
Well, in that case, TC doesn't have anything to worry about. It's not like he ever did anything that would make him indicate violen... oh wait.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:18 am

Yeah,

May want to take the Jumbo Mug of Death Head's Coffee filled with bowie knives and throwing stars off of your desk right about now.