When did people get so easily offended?

The Conservative

When did people get so easily offended?

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:28 am

Someone posted at work a fluff piece for us to read, saying it was a good article. I read it, it was about how corporations are evil, and schools are taking money from people and not giving them a chance to succeed.

I pointed out that people sometimes don't make good decissions on their career path when it comes to education, and people started to take it personally. I pointed out that people choosing low income carrers, and the fact that the H-1B visa system, as well as the allowance of the government to abuse the system itself was the reason for low incomes compared to where they should be.

They then started posting things saying that the federal level was minimal, and the state and local level was where it was being hit. I asked them if they were ok with that, since they, themselves said that the government is corrupt, and that the local level is being punished.

They kept then trying to say I was against all immigration, I said illegal immigration yes, but I wasn't talking about that. People then got offended I called them illegal, they said it was inconciderate, and racist. That I should use the word undocumented. I told them that if they want to parce words like that, that it is going to be fine by me, but that's not my point.

I brought the conversation back, and I said that H-1B vista are being abused, which is causing the incomes for not only whitle collar but blue and under jobs. They told me I was wrong, because they knew people on it, and they were good people. I said that I never argued about if they were nice or not, but the fact that they indirectly by the use of corporations that abuse the H-1B visas are artificially reducing the salaries of everyone around them.

Someone said they were "very hurt, and that they were "seriously upset" because of it.

I posted them this link:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/are-u-s-jo ... -1b-visas/

Then no one responded, I expect HR is going to get involved because people are pussies... but seriously, when people think they have the high moral ground, they are all gun-ho for a debate as long as they win it, but when they are proven wrong, my god you are a homophobe, racist, etc...

Most of these people here are old enough to be my kid if I had one at 20, but for many are fresh out of college, and haven't been kicked around by life yet (except for those who made poor decisions and chose to be what they are)... but in reality they have so many ways to succed compared to when I was their age it's not funny. Hell when i was their age 90% of what we use today didn't exist...

I sometimes wonder, is it me, or are people truly that easily offended? At this point in time I feel like I have to hang out with some of my HVAC friends, because they don't give a damn what you say, as long as you say it with a smile.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Re: When did people get so easily offended?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:36 am

TC, leftists will try to get you fired for disagreeing with them. It's not worth engaging with them at work. Acting like they are deeply offended is just the opening salvo of them demanding your job be taken from you.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:36 am

:lol: :lol: Where the hell do you work, that you have all this time to debate econ with 20-year-olds??

Don't try to fix Stupid. Just keep your mouth shut, and shitpost on here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:37 am

I get the feeling you're being set up.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:38 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol: :lol: Where the hell do you work, that you have all this time to debate econ with 20-year-olds??

Don't try to fix Stupid. Just keep your mouth shut, and shitpost on here.
I work for a company that is "trying to revolutionize how we learn"... so they post articles like this all the time. For me though, I left that chat group because I was tired of seeing the google mindset of "same-think"...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 am

Kazmyr wrote:I get the feeling you're being set up.
Good luck on that, I have shit on every single one of them. It's good to be the Director of Infrastructure/IT. I've seen their personal photos on work computers. Ammo is good.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 am

The Conservative wrote:Someone posted at work a fluff piece for us to read, saying it was a good article. I read it, it was about how corporations are evil, and schools are taking money from people and not giving them a chance to succeed.

I pointed out that people sometimes don't make good decissions on their career path when it comes to education, and people started to take it personally. I pointed out that people choosing low income carrers, and the fact that the H-1B visa system, as well as the allowance of the government to abuse the system itself was the reason for low incomes compared to where they should be.

They then started posting things saying that the federal level was minimal, and the state and local level was where it was being hit. I asked them if they were ok with that, since they, themselves said that the government is corrupt, and that the local level is being punished.

They kept then trying to say I was against all immigration, I said illegal immigration yes, but I wasn't talking about that. People then got offended I called them illegal, they said it was inconciderate, and racist. That I should use the word undocumented. I told them that if they want to parce words like that, that it is going to be fine by me, but that's not my point.

I brought the conversation back, and I said that H-1B vista are being abused, which is causing the incomes for not only whitle collar but blue and under jobs. They told me I was wrong, because they knew people on it, and they were good people. I said that I never argued about if they were nice or not, but the fact that they indirectly by the use of corporations that abuse the H-1B visas are artificially reducing the salaries of everyone around them.

Someone said they were "very hurt, and that they were "seriously upset" because of it.

I posted them this link:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/are-u-s-jo ... -1b-visas/

Then no one responded, I expect HR is going to get involved because people are pussies... but seriously, when people think they have the high moral ground, they are all gun-ho for a debate as long as they win it, but when they are proven wrong, my god you are a homophobe, racist, etc...

Most of these people here are old enough to be my kid if I had one at 20, but for many are fresh out of college, and haven't been kicked around by life yet (except for those who made poor decisions and chose to be what they are)... but in reality they have so many ways to succed compared to when I was their age it's not funny. Hell when i was their age 90% of what we use today didn't exist...

I sometimes wonder, is it me, or are people truly that easily offended? At this point in time I feel like I have to hang out with some of my HVAC friends, because they don't give a damn what you say, as long as you say it with a smile.

You may want to retain counsel TC - seriously - know your rights.....may want to back up your e-mail folder to a personal drive (if that's allowed).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 am

You're about to get fired. It's Friday too.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:41 am

The Conservative wrote:
Good luck on that, I have shit on every single one of them. It's good to be the Director of Infrastructure/IT. I've seen their personal photos on work computers. Ammo is good.
Yeah... that's useful for revenge, but it won't stop you from getting fired.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:47 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Yeah... that's useful for revenge, but it won't stop you from getting fired.
This.

Might want to have the resume ready, TC. Head on a swivel.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.