Sweden Capitulated

Penner

Re: Sweden Capitulated

Post by Penner » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:39 pm

So, I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread but what did Sweden capitulate to whom/ for what? I have a feeling like this is another, "ha, ha liberals...." thread.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Penner wrote:So, I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread but what did Sweden capitulate to whom/ for what? I have a feeling like this is another, "ha, ha liberals...." thread.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Speaking of honor..

Upon being asked why he won't quit Trump's cabinet, Mattis replied:
“You know, when a president of the United States asks you to do something — I don’t think it’s an old-fashioned school, I don’t think it’s old fashioned or anything. I don’t care if it’s a Republican or Democrat, we all have an obligation to serve. That’s all there is to it. And so you serve.”

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Penner wrote:So, I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread but what did Sweden capitulate to whom/ for what? I have a feeling like this is another, "ha, ha liberals...." thread.
It had something to do with their flagpole being bent over. Beyond that, not sure. And the rest of the pages are about how "honor" should be defined and more specifically, whether it can be defined apart from an underlying system of ethical beliefs. And then the thread morphed into a discussion about rock climbing...

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:41 pm

de officiis wrote:
It had something to do with their flagpole being bent over. Beyond that, not sure. And the rest of the pages are about how "honor" should be defined and more specifically, whether it can be defined apart from an underlying system of ethical beliefs. And then the thread morphed into a discussion about rock climbing...

So basically whatever the op was it has (like always) go onto other topics. Okay, that sounds like a typical MHF thing to do (and this is partially why I stay here).

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Speaking of honor..

“You know, when a president of the United States asks you to do something — I don’t think it’s an old-fashioned school, I don’t think it’s old fashioned or anything. I don’t care if it’s a Republican or Democrat, we all have an obligation to serve. That’s all there is to it. And so you serve.”

Let's go back and re-examine the French Revolution.

Imagine the Tennis Court Oath being given (demanded) over social media.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Fife wrote:

Well, as we saw in this thread, that oath would be worthless with half the American population. Men with no honor are not worth their word.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Exactly.

If I follow his argument correctly, he's saying that any amount of screwing of your fellow citizens is "honourable", if done legally.

Once the law defines "honour", then what the hell is honorable behavior? Lobbying groups, career politicians, banksters, and the CIA are all "honorable", because they didn't break the law????

I re-submit - honor means holding fast to your principles. Nothing else.
Your principles are subjective and situational, you would cry wolf on the drop of a hat to indict your ideological opponents and justify your inherently dishonorable comduct therein, as most Americans do these days, your defeinition of "honour" is the stock and trade of hysterical talking head pundits in the media, whole lotta blubbering and hysteria going on, to rouse rabble and decry witches, but adherence to obligations undertaken to judge reasonably, yeah, right, tell is another one, Wanh-Wanh-Running-To-Canada-Face.
My word is bond, Dudley DoRight. I stand by any agreement/oath sworn of my free will. I also stand by my principles, and look out for the welfare of my fellow man.

That does not apply to agreements made by some powdered wigs on my behalf, now or in the past. I have no personal obligation to ensure payment of US debt, destruction of ISIS, or defeat of militarized, invading Mexicans. Not my agreement, not my problem, homie.
Your principles are that we should live in a society where people are free to attack people in the streets and that victims of gang rape were asking for it.

No one gives a fuck about your principles, or believes that you have any.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
:lol:

that was good.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:05 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:

Well, as we saw in this thread, that oath would be worthless with half the American population. Men with no honor are not worth their word.
I'm noticing a commonality. Young guys mistake me for a grad student because I'm older. A tensing of the jaw muscles follows when the requisite smile is imposed upon the reaction to hearing the truth. I told a neurosurgeon student yesterday that I had a friend who was sent to med school for free because his unit needed a new doc. He got up and left immediately. Must have been something I said.