Will there be less recruits for the army during Trump?

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Will there be less recruits for the army during Trump?

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:47 am

Xenophon wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:This topic sounds like a WaPo article.
Every publication has some good interesting articles minus maybe a few.
Speaker to Animals wrote:Kicking trannies out alone should boost recruitment of decent troops.
US FP makes sense now that the transexuals are out?
He wasn't talking about foreign policy.
I am talking about what i talked about before.

katarn

Post by katarn » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:24 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Let's face he is not very inspiring in the presidential sense and that is not why he was elected. You guys think less people will want to join the armed forces?
I don't know that the President really influences things that much right now. Also, the people who want to fight in the military seem to trend right naturally- often due to old-school values- so I don't think numbers will drop much if at all. (And yes, plenty of people join for a job only, or any number of reasons besides, of course).

If we allow anecdote for a moment, it seems as though half the people I know enlisted over the summer.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:29 pm

What causes enlistments to drop are conflicts that rack up casualties and that the populace doesn't agree with combined with a thriving economy.

If it's a low intensity conflict, or the economy is down, folks will enlist.

The administration has little to do with enlistments, as new recruits have little knowledge of what any administration is causing to happen within the force.

What the administration has an effect on is retention of troops already in the force through the policies that those soldiers are affected by.

Bush's Pentagon dropped enlistment standards to the floor. The Army got flooded with lower tier recruits. Bush and Obama both dropped TRADOC standards. The Army got even more lower tier recruits. The economy collapsed, and the Army no longer had a shortage of recruits.

Obama's Pentagon said, "hey, who are all these low tier troops? get them out."

Obama's Pentagon said, "if a tranny sticks his dick in your face, and you don't like it, you're getting kicked the fuck out."

Predictably, no one wants to stay in anymore.

And we've talked about all this plenty of times before. Funny how Hwen wants to hang a hypothetical drop in enlistment on Trump when we're all aware of Obama's impact on retention.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Wait, what?

Mo Trannies is the big draw to joining the US Army now?

I didn't realize that was what they meant, when they said "be all you can be".

I thought they were talking about Ranger School not Rupaul.

Hunh. Live and learn.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:FEWER

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Oh well. I guess less mentally defective people will be able to enlist after the tranny ban. We will just have to power through the difficulties. We shall overcome.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Times sure do change, if you had tried to put even one trannie in the military back when I joined, there would have been a mutiny.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:53 pm

They technically shouldn't even be there, though. Regulations prohibit people from enlisting who have mental health problems of that severity.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They technically shouldn't even be there, though. Regulations prohibit people from enlisting who have mental health problems of that severity.
Correct. Transexuals were prohibited. That was stated way back when DADT was repealed. Another piece of Obama's legacy undone before it could take effect.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm

When I think about a trannie being forced upon the ranks, back in the day? I honestly think somebody would have killed the guy. It would have been ugly, de facto mutiny, one way, or the other.

Mind you, it was a harsh realm back then, some rough characters about, somebody honestly could have killed you, for a hell of a lot less than that, guys got beat near to death, just for being awkward, never mind deviant.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent