‘All Cultures Are Not Equal’

Speaker to Animals

Re: ‘All Cultures Are Not Equal’

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:What if I told you almost everybody is a winner in our system?

Well I would be inclined to agree, even our poor are doing relatively well, but there certainly is no honor nor is there pride in "just getting by". Earned success does a body good, and I would like to see more Americans thrive.

Back to thrust of the opinion piece though; even supposing that it weren't so precarious for your average conservative to publicly uphold his morality and politics, I think it unlikely that we put the genie back in the bottle. If kids aren't raised in the kind of environment described in the article it is unlikely they will find their way to it on their own.

Even our poor live in paradise compared to how most humans lived throughout all of human history.

We have it made. We need to not lose sight of that. I am all for talking about changing things here and there for the better, but people need to get a fucking grip. All I am seeing is envy and addiction to material goods, neither of which will make you happy.

To actually enjoy the good of increased wealth, you need to learn to appreciate and once again enjoy what you have. If you cannot enjoy what you have, then you are not likely to be satisfied with more things for long. People are searching after "more" instead of concrete things in the search of happiness when the pursuit of "more" only fosters unhappiness.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 am

People are not enjoying what they have.
People are mad about other people having stuff they don't have.
People feel entitled to all the good stuff other people have, and when trying to justify their lack of goods they prefer to look outward rather than inward.

Thus is born "White Privilege", "Patriarchy", "Good ol' boys club", "1%ers", "Eat the rich", etc, etc.

We have it good, but not as good as the other guy. And the other guy only has it good because of systemic bias, his skin color, and his heteronormative bias!

Class envy.
It wears a lot of disguises, but basically boils down to "GIVE ME THE SHIT THOSE PEOPLE HAVE, I DESERVE IT BECAUSE THEY PROBABLY GOT IT IN SOME UNDERHANDED WAY ANYWAY!"

Set these Antifa brats up with $100k a year job and a nice car, see how many protests they attend after that.
Zero.
Suddenly the system wouldn't seem so oppressive . . . when they're driving the Beemer instead of throwing bike locks at it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:28 am

DBTrek wrote:
Set these Antifa brats up with $100k a year job and a nice car, see how many protests they attend after that.
Zero.
Suddenly the system wouldn't seem so oppressive . . . when they're driving the Beemer instead of throwing bike locks at it.

They'd still be unhappy, though. Probably less happy than they are now living at home and attacking trashcans on the weekend.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:33 am

All I am saying is that I think most people are just trying to find happiness, but they identify happiness with getting more wealth and luxuries since, immediately after acquiring more stuff like that, a person really does seem to feel happier. But that happiness soon fades due to hedonic adaptation and the person falls back to their baseline happiness. Worse, if you just throw money at them, the money could fuel character flaws that make them even less happy (like drug abuse).

Pursuit of wealth is a good thing in and of itself. It's what drives innovation and economic expansion. It's what increases our quality of life. The problem, however, is that we lost the ability to appreciate the things we do have and to keep those things in perspective. This is why families used to say grace. It's what people are supposed to do in church every Sunday. People are supposed to keep in mind that all these things are transient gifts and not to be taken for granted. We lost the ability to do that and people have become less and less happy.

This is why these kinds of agitators are almost always atheists or radical secularists of some stripe. They also tend to be hedonists of some kind, even if they lack the knowledge of what that means. They go through life like sharks chasing after the transient pleasure they receive from new wealth, luxuries, or pleasures, and like proper drug addicts, they envy the wealth of others because they see that wealth as a potential fix to their unhappiness.

The two ways out of that trap roughly fall into the categories of cynicism (i.e. an ascetic lifestyle) or stoicism (i.e. learning to appreciate what you do have and not take it for granted). Hedonism, even some form of enlightened hedonism, in my opinion makes most people very unhappy, jealous, and basically little more evolved than animals. That's the root of the problem. People confused happiness with the transient pleasure of accumulation.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:54 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:What if I told you almost everybody is a winner in our system?

Well I would be inclined to agree, even our poor are doing relatively well, but there certainly is no honor nor is there pride in "just getting by". Earned success does a body good, and I would like to see more Americans thrive.

Back to thrust of the opinion piece though; even supposing that it weren't so precarious for your average conservative to publicly uphold his morality and politics, I think it unlikely that we put the genie back in the bottle. If kids aren't raised in the kind of environment described in the article it is unlikely they will find their way to it on their own.
I am from as "broke" a home as you can find but always knew I wanted better for my children hence me waiting until I was 30 to have children.

How did I know there was a better way to do things? Observing the culture around me.

Seems to me the backlash against PC Culture we are currently seeing is due to the flood of obvious degeneracy in to the public space. Gen-Xers certainly believe in traditional family values and most of us were raised in less traditional households than our parents were.

Defining culture by race is the most dangerous idea. Blacks are just as if not more anti-Semitic than whites. “You wanna know what’s more important than throwin’ away money at a strip club? Credit / You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This is how they did it.” http://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/jay ... verything/.

Blacks are also just as if not more discriminatory against the LGBT communities.

Elle Hearns was hoping to share in the collective pain other black people were feeling during a Trayvon Martin rally in Columbus, Ohio, in April 2012. But instead of feeling embraced, she said both men and women around her engaged in very loud, transphobic conversations and encroached on her personal space...most of the violent remarks were coming from black men.

http://www.theroot.com/violence-against ... 1790858545

Black lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are more than just statistics. How can we ignore the fact that, according to the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs, 2012 had the fourth highest rate of murders of LGBT people in history, and of all these victims, 73 percent were LGBT people of color, with black transgender women accounting for the highest number of the homicides? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earnest-w ... 98430.html

I imagine it's mostly blacks committing the murders or else the race the attackers would be mentioned.

You don't see a black parent prancing their son around in a dress like so many Canadians do. The most well known black gay man I can think of off the top of my head is Don Lemon. So it's not a stretch to say blacks share some similar opinions as the alt-right yet, they vote in a way that goes against what appears to be their values in pursuit of power.

That is the real danger to our nation. Extreme tribalism within a nation is cancer.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:03 am

The racial tribalism cannot be helped. Culture really does have a genetic component. This is why black people behave the same way pretty much everywhere. It's why whites behave the way they do pretty much everywhere.

The other forms of tribalism, like the cultural marxist tribes (i.e. LGBT, atheists, etc), are not really coherent and have nothing much to sustain them longterm. Those things have a shelf-life.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:08 am

kybkh wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:

I am from as "broke" a home as you can find but always knew I wanted better for my children hence me waiting until I was 30 to have children.

How did I know there was a better way to do things? Observing the culture around me.

Seems to me the backlash against PC Culture we are currently seeing is due to the flood of obvious degeneracy in to the public space. Gen-Xers certainly believe in traditional family values and most of us were raised in less traditional households than our parents were.

Defining culture by race is the most dangerous idea. Blacks are just as if not more anti-Semitic than whites. “You wanna know what’s more important than throwin’ away money at a strip club? Credit / You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This is how they did it.” http://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/jay ... verything/.

Blacks are also just as if not more discriminatory against the LGBT communities.

Elle Hearns was hoping to share in the collective pain other black people were feeling during a Trayvon Martin rally in Columbus, Ohio, in April 2012. But instead of feeling embraced, she said both men and women around her engaged in very loud, transphobic conversations and encroached on her personal space...most of the violent remarks were coming from black men.

http://www.theroot.com/violence-against ... 1790858545

Black lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are more than just statistics. How can we ignore the fact that, according to the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs, 2012 had the fourth highest rate of murders of LGBT people in history, and of all these victims, 73 percent were LGBT people of color, with black transgender women accounting for the highest number of the homicides? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earnest-w ... 98430.html

I imagine it's mostly blacks committing the murders or else the race the attackers would be mentioned.

You don't see a black parent prancing their son around in a dress like so many Canadians do. The most well known black gay man I can think of off the top of my head is Don Lemon. So it's not a stretch to say blacks share some similar opinions as the alt-right yet, they vote in a way that goes against what appears to be their values in pursuit of power.

That is the real danger to our nation. Extreme tribalism within a nation is cancer.
True - but I don't see a way to reverse the trend. The left has killed America for the sake of power. They suck.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am

Off topic but...

How has this not been turned in to a meme yet?

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:12 am

We don't have to reverse it. We just need to let a few large metropolitan areas go as city-states. We can still align within some kind of larger confederation of North America. I guarantee that would draw what remains of these people to the cities.

Let the cities become the multicultural experiments in North America, but leave the rest of it intact. Let multiculturalism play out in the cities so we can see whether it actually works.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:29 am

We have to figure a way to break up the block voting.