It's Okay To Be A Communist But Not A Nationalist

Martin Hash

It's Okay To Be A Communist But Not A Nationalist

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm

I've been gathering Followers on Facebook, DB signed me up to about 3 dozen Groups. I've noticed that it's acceptable now to claim to be a Communist, and is getting more so. There are "Ask a Communist" queries, and pro-Communist support in threads, especially Antifa threads. It's getting very worrisome. You can't display a Confederate flag but a Communist flag is no problem.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

kybkh

Re: It's Okay To Be A Communist But Not A Nationalist

Post by kybkh » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I've been gathering Followers on Facebook, DB signed me up to about 3 dozen Groups. I've noticed that it's acceptable now to claim to be a Communist, and is getting more so. There are "Ask a Communist" queries, and pro-Communist support in threads, especially Antifa threads. It's getting very worrisome. You can't display a Confederate flag but a Communist flag is no problem.
I have yet to receive an answer as to why the Hammer & Sickle doesn't carry the same stigma of the Swastika.

Both responsible for millions of deaths no?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I've been gathering Followers on Facebook, DB signed me up to about 3 dozen Groups. I've noticed that it's acceptable now to claim to be a Communist, and is getting more so. There are "Ask a Communist" queries, and pro-Communist support in threads, especially Antifa threads. It's getting very worrisome. You can't display a Confederate flag but a Communist flag is no problem.

Nailed it, this might bea YouTube piece for you Hash. We need someone talking about the dangers of extremists in either political idea..... maybe contrast with Classic Liberalism
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:23 pm

kybkh wrote:
I have yet to receive an answer as to why the Hammer & Sickle doesn't carry the same stigma of the Swastika.

Both responsible for millions of deaths no?
WWII, we went to war against one and tacitly held hands with the other.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Academia who supported Communism was never made to apologize for it, anyone who supported Nazis is on the record as having fucked up, but not so with the Communists. Maybe it's because "real" Communism has never, ever, ever been tried, ever.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:36 pm

apeman wrote:Academia who supported Communism was never made to apologize for it, anyone who supported Nazis is on the record as having fucked up, but not so with the Communists. Maybe it's because "real" Communism has never, ever, ever been tried, ever.
YES !

And Lefties are never forced to explain communists who support them, work for them, and display Communist symbols.
PLATA O PLOMO

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Oh yes, with Trump as President and the Soviet Union being dead for long time, it's no wonder.

What the positive thing is (if you can be such an optimist to say anything positive would come out of this) is that they are totally clueless about what actually Communism is. Hence when they dwell into the subject/study it, the vast majority will become just "communist-lites". Basically social democrats when they grow up and people who vote for Bernie. This is because a lot of them still have some libertarian/liberal thoughts that go absolutely against communism. They just don't notice it. For them communism or being communist is literally a fashion. Clothes that you put on. Like a Che Guevara-beret and that beard. They think it's so cool to be looking like a communist.

It's only the antifa people who really can become true commies. Real Trotskyites. Those who think violence is needed. That nothing else will work. That Trump truly will give rise to nazism in the US. And they are the enlightened ones who see this danger as everybody else are just "sheeple" (or perhaps use a synonym, as the right uses "sheeple"). Yep, real crazies.

As you mentioned the Confederate Battle Flag, came to mind that I listened to a long interview with Shelby Foote about the Civil War. Great interview. Has thoughts about for example the Confederate Battle flag that I would agree with. Foote never denies that slavery was central. Yet says in my view very well: "Those saying slavery had nothing to do with it are as wrong as those who say slavery had everything to do with it".

And if nationalist means being a neonazi, forget it.

Btw, what do people here think is the difference between nationalism and patriotism? In my view patriotism is a better word. Nationalism, well, it isn't jingoism and that word (jingoism) isn't used much anymore.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:21 pm

And if nationalist means being a neonazi, forget it.

Btw, what do people here think is the difference between nationalism and patriotism? In my view patriotism is a better word. Nationalism, well, it isn't jingoism and that word (jingoism) isn't used much anymore.
Good post

Lefties today consider Nationalism=Nazi

IMO, the difference is Nationalism focus on the State, Patriotism focuses on the individual.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:27 pm

C-Mag wrote:
apeman wrote:Academia who supported Communism was never made to apologize for it, anyone who supported Nazis is on the record as having fucked up, but not so with the Communists. Maybe it's because "real" Communism has never, ever, ever been tried, ever.
YES !

And Lefties are never forced to explain communists who support them, work for them, and display Communist symbols.
I think people are also skeptical of red scare language, since, in their righteous zeal, the anti-Communists went after labor organizers, journalists, social programs, and the like.

But, never fear ya'll. The same thing is happening with Nazis and Nazi symbols right now. The acknowledgment of something like a Godwin's Law is evidence of that.

In short order, I imagine Nazi-scare rhetoric will be met with much of the same eye rolling derision, as well it should.

Then we can get back to the boring business of examining the contents and coherence of people's worldviews instead of hand-wringing over what is printed on their t-shirts.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:39 pm

@Hanarchy
Both these grours are having a giant cat fight on our streets. If you wear commie apparel your snickered at, if Nazi you are likely to at least suffer verbal attacks, if not physical
PLATA O PLOMO