identity politics are destroying the democratic party

nmoore63

identity politics are destroying the democratic party

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Martin Hash

Re: identity politics are destroying the democratic party

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Mark Lilla is an OWG Liberal (like me). There is little room in the Party for us.

My wife, Gwynne, goes to the meetings with me. Just last night she was telling our old friends how crazy the meetings have gotten. She doesn't like it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

It's difficult to get through this thing. For instance:
Movement politics is about speaking truth to power. Electoral politics is about seizing power in order to defend the truth. Now, when people are in movement politics they have this mentality, and that’s the reason they’re successful. It’s the only issue that matters. They’re maximalist about this. They don’t like to compromise, and that’s why certain things happen, that’s why certain things in the ’60s happened because social movements made a real contribution there in breaking the logjam of electoral politics and effecting change in this country.
He's just crafting a narrative and confusing that narrative with reality.

There are some interesting points made in the article, and then there is a lot of nonsense narrative-crafting.

You can usually spot narrative crafting in how the crafter has to setup the entire discourse by defining abstract variables (i.e. movememnt politics versus electoral politics, with some abstract definitions that the reader is expected to take for granted) as if the crafter is writing code. He then unpacks the rest of the argument based on the abstract variables he defined at the outset. You have to take those definitions for granted in almost every case since, if he tried to argue for the definitions' legitimacy, he would accentuate the weakness of the narrative-based argument.

I suspect the people who write like this are pretty well versed in dialectics. It's a similar kind of way to confuse ideas with reality.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Well it is a discussion between a SJW and a liberal, so there is a certain assumed framework that they are operating in.

Mostly I found the incredulity of the slate-sjw at a fellow lefty telling them to pull up and look around, interesting.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:55 pm

nmoore63 wrote:Well it is a discussion between a SJW and a liberal, so there is a certain assumed framework that they are operating in.

Mostly I found the incredulity of the slate-sjw at a fellow lefty telling them to pull up and look around, interesting.
It was frustrating to read.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:Well it is a discussion between a SJW and a liberal, so there is a certain assumed framework that they are operating in.

It was frustrating to read.
Yes.

Fucking nihilists donnie

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:44 am

Slate is garbage
An example is every time Hillary Clinton went out on the stump, she would call out to various groups to women, to Latinos, to African Americans, to immigrants. She left out about 40 percent of the country in doing that, and she lost people: 51 percent of American women voted for Donald Trump. [Ed. note: The majority of women voted for Clinton. The majority of white women voted for Trump.]
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 pm

California wrote:Slate is garbage
An example is every time Hillary Clinton went out on the stump, she would call out to various groups to women, to Latinos, to African Americans, to immigrants. She left out about 40 percent of the country in doing that, and she lost people: 51 percent of American women voted for Donald Trump. [Ed. note: The majority of women voted for Clinton. The majority of white women voted for Trump.]
I think they just admitted to illegals voting for Clinton. :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Let's archive that

http://archive.is/aGTVw

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:06 pm

I've never been an archive man, but to be clear, fuck slate.

I read RealClearPolitics and that ends me up in random places from time to time.