Mysterious Phantoms Pummel Right at Berkeley (again)

Speaker to Animals

Re: Mysterious Phantoms Pummel Right at Berkeley (again)

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 am

That's not even hyperbole, Hanarchy. They literally beat a man into a coma while chanting "love trumps hate".

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:32 am

Makes me think of Flip's oft-used quote.

Hordes of masked "anarchists" emerged from yet another peaceful progressive rally and fucked people up before smashing shit and leaving.
"Their motives may never be known"

It's a mystery.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 am

Guys, don't worry, the REAL news has it figured out:

13 arrested during clashes at dueling protests in Berkeley

Dueling protests? Almost sounds like you're saying 'many sides' were to blame here, hmmmm.....
More than a dozen protesters were arrested Sunday during confrontations that broke out amid largely peaceful protests in Berkeley, California, authorities said.

A "Rally Against Hate" was organized to protest a planned anti-Marxist gathering in the Bay Area city, home of the University of California, Berkeley.

The crowd was orderly but robust, with protesters chanting "No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA." Skirmishes occurred "when several dozen left-wing protesters surrounded and shouted at a handful of right-wing demonstrators," CNN affiliate KPIX reported.
Sounds like CNN and WaPo need to sit down and sort their 'facts' out. WaPo: "Antifa did it." CNN: "NUH UH, THEM NAZIS ALWAYS START IT!"

Also, how dare anyone be against Marxism! Who knew it was bad? Fuck me, right?
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 am

I can't wait for the next chapter. :?

I'm still not seeing any Lefty leaders condemn this.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:38 am

More than a dozen protesters were arrested Sunday during confrontations that broke out amid largely peaceful protests in Berkeley, California, authorities said.

The crowd was orderly but robust . . . . Skirmishes occurred
Words don't mean what they used to

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:41 am

apeman wrote:

The crowd was orderly but robust . . . . Skirmishes occurred
Words don't mean what they used to
Live look inside the heads of CNN's 'writers':

Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:49 am

The usual trick for headlines/articles is to alternate between passive and active voice depending on whether literally hitler versus antifa versus raidical islam.

Right wingers are always active voice, followed by causation, followed by description of the violence.

Antifa is always not mentioned, it is always passive voice, where a "[positive or neutral adjective] crowd" then "turned" violent, or "was marred" by violence, etc.

For radical islam, the active voice version is uses the weapon as the actor, a "truck" or a "bomb" did the killing, and the passive voice version goes "event X" is bombed, marred, disrupted, etc.

With a quick scroll through twitter, paying attention to just passive vs active voice, you can see how the unwashed masses' opinions are actively created, it is amazing.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:04 am

I just listened to Prophets of Doom again. The Antibaptists really remind me of AntiFa right now. As Dan said, an intellectual contagen. Hold a Love Trump's Hate sign while beating someone senseless.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am

That's an important linguistic analysis, apeman--too bad it'll be lost on most.

Well, I've never winged myself, but if freedom of speech is at all indicative of one's political place along the horizontal spectrum, I guess I'm a right-winger. I also own a semi-automatic rifle manufactured in 1943 bearing a swastika on the receiver, so I may be a NAZI, too.
:shifty:

"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They had no choice after Trump pinned them in that press conference. The MSM will have to pivot against Antifa because of Trump pinning them down and making them look like fake news assholes.

Can you link to what you're referring?