American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Smitty-48

Re: American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
I'm not a Jacobin.

And yea, it sucks if we are forced to suppress our own population "without quarter or mercy", even if justified.
You think it was justified that the liberal big government herded all the black people who came out to Los Angeles in the Second World War into ghettoes, and then used the LAPD to enforce a kind of aparthied state?

You think Officer Lee Minikus was really justified in pulling Marquette Frye over, for "reckless driving"?

You don't think the residents of Watts were justified in trying to stand up the Covenants enforced in Los Angeles at the end of a gun by the LAPD?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
I'm not a Jacobin.

And yea, it sucks if we are forced to suppress our own population "without quarter or mercy", even if justified.
You think it was justified that the liberal big government herded all the black people who came out to Los Angeles in the Second World War into ghettoes, and then used the LAPD to enforce a kind of aparthied state?

You think Officer Lee Minikus was really justified in pulling Marquette Frye over, for "reckless driving"?

You don't think the residents of Watts were justified in trying to stand up the Covenants enforced in Los Angeles at the end of a gun by the LAPD?
I think if people are burning down the city, it needs to be stopped.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
I'm not a Jacobin.

But all they did was start throwing rocks at the police, and then LAPD chief Bill Parker called them "the Viet Cong" and then unleashed a Brigade Conbat Team into Watts, who then treated it as a free fire zone and started lighting people up left and right on sight, so who really incited the civil disorder all the way to burning the place down? They lit the buildings on fire to limit the ability of a Brigade Combat Team set upon them to manuever, trying to give them more to deal with so they wouldn't be so freed up to blow people away at will.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

But all they did was start throwing rocks at the police, and then LAPD chief Bill Parker called them "the Viet Cong" and then unleashed a Brigade Conbat Team into Watts, who then treated it as a free fire zone and started lighting people up left and right on sight, so who really incited the civil disorder all the way to burning the place down? They lit the buildings on fire to limit the ability of a Brigade Combat Team set upon them to manuever, trying to give them more to deal with so they wouldn't be so freed up to blow people away at will.
Obviously my understanding of the Watts riots is inferior to yours.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Obviously my understanding of the Watts riots is inferior to yours.
OK, but in broad strokes, Los Angeles apartheid state, enforced by the LAPD, people in Watts had had enough, they got pissed off, some of them starting throwing some rocks at the police.

State of California's response; "Viet Cong!"; Brigade Combat Team; free fire zone, restore order at any cost.

Justified?

You're worried about some buildings being burnt down, when people are being lit up on sight without any discrimination?

If the House of Bourbon had been protected by the firepower of a modern US military, do you think they would have been dragged to the chopping block, or would the Fleur de Lis still be flying over Versailles today?
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:42 pm

I always felt kind of like Louis XVI got a bad rap. He was a fat out of touch loser, but from my understanding he didn't particularly want the job. During his trial he had trouble staying awake, and had numerous gaffes. I believe he said that he would have preferred to fix watches than rule France. I think they had trouble cutting his head off too, and had to bring the guillotine down more than once. His wife was a total cunt though.

Robespierre seems like a way bigger asshole than Louis XVI. Unlike the Evan Williams monarch who was thrust into the role, Robespierre killed a bunch of people and simply set the stage for monarchy less than 20 years later. All those headless nobles and dead Vendee peasants died for some faggot cult of the Supreme being that was basically just a placeholder for Napoleon. That's the sad thing about revolutions; They rarely if ever end up with up with a better way of life. France, Russia, Iran, Iraq, and Libya got rid of incompetent and vile rulers, but what followed was not a fairer, freer, or a more just society. There is a lot of shit that sucks about contemporary America, but I don't want to reshuffle the deck. I can't even imagine how bad that would suck if OWS,, BLM, or antifa were in charge.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:06 am

I think Marie Antionette was simply the victim of a smear campaign, they didn't like her, cause she was Austrian, so they made up a lot of shit about her and spread it around.

The most infamous thing about the historical record of her "let them eat cake"; never said it, made up bullshit, and that's how it was for her the whole time.

She also made a contribution to society, she pioneered the modern fashion movement, where women didn't have to be dressed in ridiculous clown makeup and bizarre hooped contraptions, chicks dressing casual and sexy; that was Marie Antionette who made that happen, or rather Maria Antonia, it's not like her name was actually Marie Antionette.

Too bad she didn't have the LAPD and California National Guard at her disposal, they would have put them Jacobins in their place, full metal jacket.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:42 pm

heydaralon wrote:I always felt kind of like Louis XVI got a bad rap. He was a fat out of touch loser, but from my understanding he didn't particularly want the job. During his trial he had trouble staying awake, and had numerous gaffes. I believe he said that he would have preferred to fix watches than rule France. I think they had trouble cutting his head off too, and had to bring the guillotine down more than once. His wife was a total cunt though.

Robespierre seems like a way bigger asshole than Louis XVI. Unlike the Evan Williams monarch who was thrust into the role, Robespierre killed a bunch of people and simply set the stage for monarchy less than 20 years later. All those headless nobles and dead Vendee peasants died for some faggot cult of the Supreme being that was basically just a placeholder for Napoleon. That's the sad thing about revolutions; They rarely if ever end up with up with a better way of life. France, Russia, Iran, Iraq, and Libya got rid of incompetent and vile rulers, but what followed was not a fairer, freer, or a more just society. There is a lot of shit that sucks about contemporary America, but I don't want to reshuffle the deck. I can't even imagine how bad that would suck if OWS,, BLM, or antifa were in charge.
I disagree on the French Revolution. Even with all of the strife for the 60 or so years after the original revolution, the third estate never went back to the depths of near slavery they were at before, and it enabled Liberal thought to spread throughout Europe. Sure, it would take WWI to finally put the nail in the monarchial coffin, but it was the French Revolution that allowed the ideas to spread throughout Europe
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:46 pm

California wrote:... never went back to the depths of near slavery they were at before.
Yes it did, it simply spread through Russia instead, the idea that spread through Europe from the Commune, was of course Communism. I mean, duh.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I think Marie Antionette was simply the victim of a smear campaign, they didn't like her, cause she was Austrian, so they made up a lot of shit about her and spread it around.

The most infamous thing about the historical record of her "let them eat cake"; never said it, made up bullshit, and that's how it was for her the whole time.

She also made a contribution to society, she pioneered the modern fashion movement, where women didn't have to be dressed in ridiculous clown makeup and bizarre hooped contraptions, chicks dressing casual and sexy; that was Marie Antionette who made that happen, or rather Maria Antonia, it's not like her name was actually Marie Antionette.

Too bad she didn't have the LAPD and California National Guard at her disposal, they would have put them Jacobins in their place, full metal jacket.
Fuck you just broke my brain Smitty

I was just about to comment that you were simplifying too much, by saying that the Watts/Detroit/etc riots of the 60s were not analogous to the French Revolution because the blacks rioting didn't have the intellectual leaders of the French Revolution but they absolutely did. The riots were just as much a part of the celebrated 60s Leftist Civil Rights movement as the Vietnam protests and Woodstock.

Every day I have a revelation that takes me far from the Left, I hope i don't turn into a monarchist like you :lol:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session