American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Viktorthepirate

Re: American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:If you would describe the civil disorder of the 1960s as a minor disturbance than that surprises me.
A bunch of minor distubrances, all amplified disproportinately by the liberal media, to get the 1960's version of "clickbait views", it was the same then as it was now, the media goes close up on the disturbance, because if it bleeds it leads, maybe the biggest disturbance was what, the Watts Riots? Well, how that work out for the rioters? Oh that's right, they were crushed, and Big Red White and Blue Machine rolled on without them, who knew?
Yea, and it sucks.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

It all starts with you Brother............ you can do this.

I've been all over the world. You won the Lottery of Life and Time. You were born in the USA at the tail end of the 20th C. It doesn't get any better Historically speaking. You have challenges, maybe huge Challenges, but they are only Challenges.
Ha ha thanks for the advice man.

Why do you assume I'm in a lower income bracket?
Didn't say you were, I didn't classify you.

Ok

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:If you would describe the civil disorder of the 1960s as a minor disturbance than that surprises me.
A bunch of minor distubrances, all amplified disproportinately by the liberal media, to get the 1960's version of "clickbait views", it was the same then as it was now, the media goes close up on the disturbance, because if it bleeds it leads, maybe the biggest disturbance was what, the Watts Riots? Well, how that work out for the rioters? Oh that's right, they were crushed, and Big Red White and Blue Machine rolled on without them, who knew?
Yea, and it sucks.
Sucks that the National Guard restored order without quarter nor mercy? Why does that suck?

Oh, I get it, you want to have the riots, you're not trying to stave them off, you're trying to incite them.

That's why you're upset, not because it's the French Revolution, but because it's not.

You're a Jacobin. Now the fog clears.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 pm

So you're concern and argument are for humanity ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:04 pm

C-Mag wrote:So you're concern and argument are for humanity ?
Myself and humanity, they aren't mutually exclusive.

The less poverty there is, the more consumption and the better the economy is for it.

And of course, seeing my countrymen prosper is good for the feels.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:

The less poverty there is, the more consumption and the better the economy is for it.

I don't know how you pay it forward, but I hire Americans who want to work and are ambitious. It's a great way to do good.
PLATA O PLOMO

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Yea, and it sucks.
Sucks that the National Guard restored order without quarter nor mercy? Why does that suck?

Oh, I get it, you want to have the riots, you're not trying to stave them off, you're trying to incite them.

That's why you're upset, not because it's the French Revolution, but because it's not.

You're a Jacobin. Now the fog clears.
I'm not a Jacobin.

And yea, it sucks if we are forced to suppress our own population "without quarter or mercy", even if justified.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:11 pm

C-Mag wrote:I don't know how you pay it forward, but I hire Americans who want to work and are ambitious. It's a great way to do good.
Well you could also centralize less power in government to enforce monoplistic control and economic segregation by legal force.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:

I don't know how you pay it forward, but I hire Americans who want to work and are ambitious. It's a great way to do good.
I do a bit of charity work, mostly at the VA though, doesn't seem like I'm doing much to benefit society though, mostly just doing what I hope others would do for me.

And ambition is good, in shockingly short supply unfortunately.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I don't know how you pay it forward, but I hire Americans who want to work and are ambitious. It's a great way to do good.
Well you could also centralize less power in government to enforce monoplistic control and economic segregation by legal force.

I can do more to promote Liberty with my Benjamins in direct action.
PLATA O PLOMO