American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Smitty-48

Re: American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
And I never said it was.

But moralistic grand standing seems to be the consensus for the best solution around here.
You're moralistically grandstanding with all your railing on about the poor, physician heal thyself.
Lol not as bad as everyone else.
Oh please, you invoked the French Revolution, I mean, anytime you wanna get real, and climb down off of your hysterical soapbox, go right ahead, but don't try to snow the Snowman when you start nonsense blubbering on about the House of Bourbon upon your throats.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
You're moralistically grandstanding with all your railing on about the poor, physician heal thyself.
Oh please, you invoked the French Revolution, I mean, anytime you wanna get real, down off of your hysterical soapbox, go right ahead, but don't try to snow the Snowman when you start nonsense blubbering on about the House of Bourbon upon your throats.

Because it's a good example of a bunch or rabble getting together, slaughtering their perceived oppressors, than turning on themselves, bring disaster and death to an entire generation.

We are having 1960s esque agitation on the streets. How long until we have cities burning again?

How long before whatever modern rehash of the anarchists are chucking bombs into government buildings again?

You can throw out some bones to keep the masses satisfied or you can go through a whole lot of pain and end up doing it anyways.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
I would hope we aren't at the point where we need to look to Russians for inspiration on how to make our way in this country.

But yea, fuck em. They just don't have enough get up and go. You've figured out how to eliminate poverty, congrats.
So, Viktor, are you concerned with your position in life or that of your fellow man? Prioritize please
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:36 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
I would hope we aren't at the point where we need to look to Russians for inspiration on how to make our way in this country.

But yea, fuck em. They just don't have enough get up and go. You've figured out how to eliminate poverty, congrats.
So, Viktor, are you concerned with your position in life or that of your fellow man? Prioritize please

Well obviously me and mine are #1 on the list lol

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:

It all starts with you Brother............ you can do this.

I've been all over the world. You won the Lottery of Life and Time. You were born in the USA at the tail end of the 20th C. It doesn't get any better Historically speaking. You have challenges, maybe huge Challenges, but they are only Challenges.
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Oh please, you invoked the French Revolution, I mean, anytime you wanna get real, down off of your hysterical soapbox, go right ahead, but don't try to snow the Snowman when you start nonsense blubbering on about the House of Bourbon upon your throats.
Because it's a good example of a bunch or rabble getting together, slaughtering their perceived oppressors, than turning on themselves, bring disaster and death to an entire generation.
Well except that's not really what happened in the French Revolution, the Jacobins were of the elite, the Commune was manipulated by a cabal of Leftists who had interest in seizing power for themselves, they were as much the opressors as anyone, and it was their iron rule from which the slaughter flowed, invoking the French Revolution as some sort of spontaneous populist revolt, is nonsense.
We are having 1960s esque agitation on the streets. How long until we have cities burning again?

Were you there in the 1960's? Because according to my father who was there, life in America was pretty damn good in the 1960's, and agitation in the streets, was mostly on the news, the liberal media focused tightly on a very tiny minority then, as they do now, for the Silent Majority, the 1960's were hunky dory, which is why they elected Nixon to restore order, twice.
How long before whatever modern rehash of the anarchists are chucking bombs into government buildings again?
What, like Timothy McVeigh? Just made everybody rally round the state, Bill Clinton's presidency was saved by Tim McViegh.
You can throw out some bones to keep the masses satisfied or you can go through a whole lot of pain and end up doing it anyways.

Well again, calling American's lot in life "bones", is ridiculous, but whatever, you're not up on your hysterical soap box moraltiscally wagging your finger, no sirree, nothing like that goin on round here, pay no attention to the above hysteria and hyperbolic railing.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:44 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I've been all over the world. You won the Lottery of Life and Time. You were born in the USA at the tail end of the 20th C. It doesn't get any better Historically speaking. You have challenges, maybe huge Challenges, but they are only Challenges.
Ha ha thanks for the advice man.

Why do you assume I'm in a lower income bracket?

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Well except that's not really what happened in the French Revolution, the Jacobins were of the elite, the Commune was manipulated by a cabal of Leftists who had interest in seizing power for themselves, they were as much the opressors as anyone, and it was their iron rule from which the slaughter flowed, invoking the French Revolution as some sort of spontaneous populist revolt, is nonsense.

Were you there in the 1960's? Because according to my father who was there, life in America was pretty damn good in the 1960's, and agitation in the streets, was mostly on the news, the liberal media focused tightly on a very tiny minority then, as they do now, for the Silent Majority, the 1960's were hunky dory, which is why they elected Nixon to restore order, twice.
What, like Timothy McVeigh? Just made everybody rally round the state, Bill Clinton's presidency was saved by Tim McViegh.

Well again, calling American's lot in life "bones", is ridiculous, but whatever, you're not up on your hysterical soap box moraltiscally wagging your finger, no sirree, nothing like that goin on round here, pay no attention to the above hysteria and hyperbolic railing.

If you would describe the civil disorder of the 1960s as a minor disturbance than that surprises me.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:If you would describe the civil disorder of the 1960s as a minor disturbance than that surprises me.
A bunch of minor disturbances, all amplified disproportinately by the liberal media, to get the 1960's version of "clickbait views", it was the same then as it was now, the media goes close up on the disturbance, because if it bleeds it leads, maybe the biggest disturbance was what, the Watts Riots? Well, how'd that work out for the rioters? Oh that's right, they were crushed, and Big Red White and Blue Machine rolled on without them, who knew?

But how many Americans lived in Watts? Like, do you think they were rioting in the streets about it, in Cedar Rapids Iowa?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:

Ha ha thanks for the advice man.

Why do you assume I'm in a lower income bracket?
Didn't say you were, I didn't classify you.
PLATA O PLOMO