American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

C-Mag

Re: American's living Paycheck to Paycheck

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
C-Mag wrote: It's by choice.
I setting myself up for Retirement earnings from this job, so that I can start an independent career, and be my own boss.

I'm not going to be waiting on my computer, refreshing like crazy to see if my government safety net hit when I'm 60. I've always taken control of my own destiny.
The average person who grows up poor will remain so. The exceptional ones will rise above.

However much it's their fault, you still gotta deal with the poor people.

I take pride in the fact that we take care of our own. Maybe others don't, it's not a moral failing not to care either. I just do. I used to not care but now I do.
I have relatives and friends who find excuses. If we are going to get better performance, we must demand better performance.

Russians understand real hardship. Russians have a saying
Несмотря на все шансы, сумасшедшие, процветающие

Nesmotrya na vse shansy, sumasshedshiye, protsvetayushchiye

Despite All odds, Survive and Thrive
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Nevertheless, she persisted.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:04 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
A higher minimum wage does not destroy small business if taxes go down concurrently.

Taking money from the military budget does not destroy small businesses not involved in the MIC.

Well luckily none of that is going to happen and so my interests are secure, that's the beauty of it, you're naivete walks you right into the trap, it all depends on your idealistic naivete, if you suddenly got clear eyed and hard headed about your interests, that would be bad. For at least. To wit, I am the Vanpire Squid, you are my prey, I've still got some years left before I die, so I need to milk you for the duration.
Vampire squids are small and harmless. They are unable to maintain a tentaclerection and are premature ink-jaculators. I am a humboldt squid. Pretty to look at but a fierce predator that will eviscerate shellfish in a swift and destructive manner. When I show up at the reef all the national geographic hottie photgraphers cream their jeans. Moby dick turned into Moby Flaccid when my big ass squid dick showed up
lol. Well the way it actually works is that the vampire squids are a collective, it's not one big vampire squid, it's lots and lots of them, and we are getting rather old these days, which is why we bleed the young to sustain our cushy lifestyles, which is why we have to centralize the capital in publicly traded markets with as little competition as possible, which is why crushing small business by state force is actually in our interests.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Exceptional people will always do exceptional shit. When talking about policy that affects millions you need to lower the bar a bit.
NO.
No, No, No

Don't lower the Damn Bar!
Set Aggressive, but achievable goals and believe in people.

CAN'T is the worst Fucking Word you can place on someone in the English Language
I had a poster on the wall in grade school like this,

Remind me to get a picture of the ones I saw in the library the other day. Y'all are gonna love them.

NICE

My Mom would woop our asses if CAN'T ever came out of our mouths.
CAN'T NEVER DID A GODDAM THING
~ My Mom
PLATA O PLOMO

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
C-Mag wrote: It's by choice.
I setting myself up for Retirement earnings from this job, so that I can start an independent career, and be my own boss.

I'm not going to be waiting on my computer, refreshing like crazy to see if my government safety net hit when I'm 60. I've always taken control of my own destiny.
The average person who grows up poor will remain so. The exceptional ones will rise above.

However much it's their fault, you still gotta deal with the poor people.

I take pride in the fact that we take care of our own. Maybe others don't, it's not a moral failing not to care either. I just do. I used to not care but now I do.
I have relatives and friends who find excuses. If we are going to get better performance, we must demand better performance.

Russians understand real hardship. Russians have a saying
Несмотря на все шансы, сумасшедшие, процветающие

Nesmotrya na vse shansy, sumasshedshiye, protsvetayushchiye

Despite All odds, Survive and Thrive
I would hope we aren't at the point where we need to look to Russians for inspiration on how to make our way in this country.

But yea, fuck em. They just don't have enough get up and go. You've figured out how to eliminate poverty, congrats.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
I would hope we aren't at the point where we need to look to Russians for inspiration on how to make our way in this country.

But yea, fuck em. They just don't have enough get up and go. You've figured out how to eliminate poverty, congrats.
But you're the one asserting a Soviet agenda, "eliminating poverty" was in the constitution of the USSR, but nowhere are you called to do that in the United States constitution.

Show us in the Declaration of Independence where is mentions "eliminate poverty", I can't see it in there anywhere, you know, because they weren't communists who wrote it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:

But you're the one asserting a Soviet agenda, "eliminating poverty" was in the constitution of the USSR, but nowhere are you called to do that in the United States constitution.
And I never said it was.

But moralistic grand standing seems to be the consensus for the best solution around here.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Nevertheless, she persisted.
Even though she was creeped out.
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
And I never said it was.

But moralistic grand standing seems to be the consensus for the best solution around here.
You're moralistically grandstanding with all your railing on about the poor, physician heal thyself.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
And I never said it was.

You're moralistically grandstanding with all your railing on about the poor, physician heal thyself.
Lol not as bad as everyone else.

"If everyone wasn't so lazy we'd have no poverty! They don't work hard like I do."

I haven't attributed any moral failings to people who disagree with me. Yet everyone seems convinced that we simply need to tell the poor to quit being so lazy and poverty solves itself.

The less poor there are, the better off a society is.