Forward: We Replaced You Along Time Ago

Zlaxer

Re: Forward: We Replaced You Along Time Ago

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:Manufacturing is dead? Funnny how everyone I hear say that isn't in manufacturing.

Did you know that the US is the number 2 manufacturing nation in the world? Did you know the US is projected to retake #1 in the next decade?

Manufacturing is not dead, neither are manufacturing jobs, they are simply changing. There may be less jobs, but they aren't dead, very far from it.

Automation - dude - shit is still being made....but the machines are winning....

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:Manufacturing is dead? Funnny how everyone I hear say that isn't in manufacturing.

Did you know that the US is the number 2 manufacturing nation in the world? Did you know the US is projected to retake #1 in the next decade?

Manufacturing is not dead, neither are manufacturing jobs, they are simply changing. There may be less jobs, but they aren't dead, very far from it.

Automation - dude - shit is still being made....but the machines are winning....
There is a lot they can't do. There is a lot they won't be able to do for a long time.... dude.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Fife wrote:FFS Z-Man, do you have access to an actual PC, regarding your spell-checking?

Yes - but I don't feel like using it - I proof shit all day long....

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

There is a lot they can't do. There is a lot they won't be able to do for a long time.... dude.
I disagree....so do many others smarter than us.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

What scope of time are we talking about here?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
10-15 yrs.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: I would rather "thin the herd" by rounding up every drug dealer and trafficker in North America and putting them in front of a firing squad.
Addicts and dealers are usually one and the same. Someone gets addicted and starts selling to support their habit. Most aren't high level traffickers.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: I would rather "thin the herd" by rounding up every drug dealer and trafficker in North America and putting them in front of a firing squad.
Addicts and dealers are usually one and the same. Someone gets addicted and starts selling to support their habit. Most aren't high level traffickers.

Incorrect.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
10-15 yrs.
Than your're wrong unless you are talking about simple assembly line work.

Complex fabrication, large scale fabrication.... etc difficult for robots, which generally have a single purpose to work on.

Deburring of machined parts is still too difficult for robots to do because of all the cracks, crevices, and all the different angles the parts need to be moved.

Now some companies I can't name are finding ways around this with 3D printing. One major manufacturer is already 3D printing parts that would normally have to be machined, but that is introducing a whole lot of other issues they had not anticipated.

Robots aren't replacing people at the rate you are assuming.

50 years... maybe, who knows how we will innovate by than. But 10-15, no.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fife wrote:FFS Z-Man, do you have access to an actual PC, regarding your spell-checking?

Yes - but I don't feel like using it - I proof shit all day long....
How do you make it? I mean being the first generation that had to survive by proof-reading and all?

:twisted: