The Woke Singularity

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Woke Singularity

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:It is good that a community like this exists for useful safety tips!

You'd love the flightline.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's so brave.
In 1943 another renaming occurred; the Armored Force Replacement Training Center officially became the Armored Replacement Training Center (ARTC). Here Soldiers received a 17-week course which included instruction in various arms, big tank guns, tank driving and maintenance, chemical warfare and many other subjects. They were introduced to hills "Misery," "Agony" and "Heartbreak" before graduating and then sent to divisions, additional schooling, or straight into the various theaters of war.
I should go visit those hills someday.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Fucking Company Commander barely finished, she was so brave to do what her troops were doing.

Whoop, Whoop

One of my certifications I hold is a Trainer for Structure Climbing and Fall Protection. Basically teach people how to safely wear fall protection gear for construction and climb different structures from communication towers to commercial buildings to wooden structures. Anyway, we have females come through occasionally. Last spring I commented to my training partner.

" I have nothing against women doing this, but they just don't keep up with the guys very well and when they meet the minimum requirements they have this look of joy and pride on their faces like they won the superbowl. Guys are just like, Ok, cool, I did what I needed to do to get my card so I can work."

My partner just nodded.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote::|

I literally googled it expecting to find that it was a hoax... it appears it is not....

What the fuck happened to us?
SJWs
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm

More damning is that Captain is collapsing at the twelve mile mark, with 2:46:53 on the clock, which is less than 4.5 miles an hour, which, seriously, my wife could beat that time.

I mean, I'm assuming she's not combat arms, but still, my wife works in an office.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:09 pm

So this isn't a run or anything? Just hiking with a backpack and gun?

Why are people having trouble with this?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 pm

California wrote:So this isn't a run or anything? Just hiking with a backpack and gun?

Why are people having trouble with this?
12 mile route march is kind of a pain in the ass, 'specially if they throw it at you first thing in the morning, 'specially if you're nursing a hangover, we used to run most of the way, just to get it over with, like, run down the hill, jog on the flats, speed march uphill, that's how we did it, really just a mind over matter thing, even if you're fit, running twelve miles with a 50 lb pack is a bag drive, the trick is just being able to turn your mind off that, and think about something else.

Should still be cruising over the line at the end, it's not a death march, it's not something that should be pushing you to your limits, you're gonna break a sweat, I wouldn't call it a cake walk, but would call it a walk in the park. Not at 2:46:53 tho, going that slow would be a cake walk. When you're running with kit, that's 7-8 minute miles, she's was doing 13-14 minute miles, that's just walking, that ain't bustin' a gut.

That being said, does get real hot down there with your bases in the South, so maybe she didn't hydrate properly and was going down with heat exhaustion. Mind you, a Captain should know how to take care of themselves, wouldn't be so bad if it was a recruit, but that's a Captain, and that can't happen, when you're a Captain, the troops can't be seeing you faltering like that.

Tell you right now, the fittest fuckers in our battalions, were usually the company officers, generally the Captains being the fittest of them. At least the OC's were a bit on the older side, but when you see the 2IC coming out to lead the PT, you're like "oh here we go, this is gonna be a bag drive..."

Infantry Captains, stronger than a Leftenant, younger than a Major, and full of piss and vinegar, cause they're bucking for promotion.

Recruits is one thing, recruits ain't used to it, you expect recruits to falter from time to time, but a Captain? That's unacceptable.

We hold the officers to a higher standard, they need to be a special breed, calm, cool, collected, with their shit wired tight, at all times.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 am

Just to get out of basic training you had to march I think 12 miles with something like 35 lbs pack on your back. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was right around what you saw there. It wasn't choose your own pace either. You had to march in formation and it was a good pace.

Not difficult at all. I have pretty bad chronic pain and I could do it right now. My back and shoulders would be on fire from the muscle pain, but I could do it. Most of you should be able to do it. Anybody in their twenties like her should be able to do it easily or they need to get out of the military.

This was just the Air Force too. I don't know if -- like total assholes -- they set a lower standard for the female flights, but that is really, really pathetic. What's even more pathetic is how the media tries to turn it into a positive story about female empowerment when, in reality, it's an example of soft bigotry of low expectations.

When I was in basic, the male tubby tubbies that couldn't run or march far got special treatment. Nobody was standing there screaming "you go, girl!". It was more like "get your fat ass off the ground or you are getting processed out of here you fucking lard! You are a disgrace to the Air Force. You are a disgrace to the United States of America. Get the fuck up!"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:34 am

Hero youtuber lays the facts out on the table:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:soft bigotry of low expectations
My favorite Rubin repeated phrase.

I know he got it from somewhere else, Bill Maher maybe? But Dave Rubin uses it better