Scrooge McDuck I mean Corporate America

Kazmyr

Re: Scrooge McDuck I mean Corporate America

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Striploin is one step below tenderloin, and there's nothing above a tenderloin in the steak hierarcrhy, so striploin is the penultimate steak.

Now, when they first cut them and put them out, they are overpriced, but give it a bit of time, and they will be priced to move at a discount, but wait for it, because the day before the due date, they will go on 50% off, and then, they are the right price. If you get the family four pack at 50% off, they're even cheaper.

I only buy platinum AAA corn fed grain finished, marbled and thick, I just hunt around for the best deal, and wait for the right time to strike.
Yup. I do the same when cruisin' for a good ribeye, even in the supermarket. There's always at least one really thick, totally marbled one to snag. I can grab the wife whatever because she wants it turned into shoe leather. Sad.

Damn it, now I'm definitely gonna get a steak tomorrow.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Striploin is one step below tenderloin, and there's nothing above a tenderloin in the steak hierarcrhy, so striploin is the penultimate steak.

Now, when they first cut them and put them out, they are overpriced, but give it a bit of time, and they will be priced to move at a discount, but wait for it, because the day before the due date, they will go on 50% off, and then, they are the right price. If you get the family four pack at 50% off, they're even cheaper.

I only buy platinum AAA corn fed grain finished, marbled and thick, I just hunt around for the best deal, and wait for the right time to strike.
Yup. I do the same when cruisin' for a good ribeye, even in the supermarket. There's always at least one really thick, totally marbled one to snag. I can grab the wife whatever because she wants it turned into shoe leather. Sad.

Damn it, now I'm definitely gonna get a steak tomorrow.
Indeed, I let my wife cook many things for me, but never steak, she doesn't understand that steak is the meat that you only eat rare, the rarer the better, and most of the cooking happens during the resting, all you do is sear them and then rest. If you let the womenfolk get ahold of them, they'll "bake" them on the grill until they are ruined.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Oh, I guess there is a cut called strip loin. Don't think I ever ate that.
You know what a T-bone is? OK, so if you cut the bigger side of that off the bone, that's the striploin, on the other side of the bone, that's the tenderloin for fillet mignon.
That's a sirloin. A striploin is, apparently, a NY Strip steak - my favorite cut. But usually runs $10+ a pop down here in the Land of Liberty.

Get grain or grass-fed, if you ever get the chance. It's much better for you than corn.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:45 pm

The corn is what makes them marbled, the corn makes the flavour, better for me is better taste, If you want to be fat free, don't eat red meat in the first place. Grass fed steaks are like lite beer, or lite cigarettes, if I'm going, I'm going all the way, no half measures.

And they are $10-12 a pop here, but I don't buy them at that price, I'm all about the discount meat, I can't even bring myself to pay full pop anymore.

And the NY strip is called a strip, because it is a striploin steak, which by the way, in America, is cut from the short loin, only the British call the short loin the sirloin, in America, the sirloin is the rump.

Here in Canada, we use the American cut mapping not the British, so we say short loin, and from the short loin is where our striploins and t-bones are cut from. Sirloin steak here, is a grade below, the whole tenderloin runs from the short loin to the rump, rump sirloin being above that, the top sirloin being below, and the sirloin being below that. The short loin is the best cuts, so if you buy sirloin here, you should not be paying top dollar for it.

If you want the best t-bones, you get the platinum AAA corn fed/grain finished, and you get the butcher to cut it for you off the short loin, double thick, that way, you're getting both cuts in one, your "NY strip" is one side of the bone, the "fillet mignon" tenderloin is on the other.
Nec Aspera Terrent

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:16 am

GloryofGreece wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTJRGHsrYhY (Please watch the entire 5 minutes/ Pay attention to everything he says)
There are times to flip the board.
GoG, I watched like I promised, for anyone who didn't, JBP covers Paretto law, that in every creative endevour that exists, 20% are responsible for 80% of output/causation/whatever. Money too, obviously.

JBP also covers that we don't know of a good way to deal with this.

JBP then tells the story of the peasants/russians overthrowing the kulaks in Ukraine, because the kulaks must have stolen their better position in life, and how it led to holodomor.

GoG will correct me if I mistated anything.

So

like I said, I agree this world is full of injustice, unnecessary suffering, etc., but not sure how this clip supports your revolutionary impulses, my takeaway was strive to be at the top of the paretto distribution instead of striving to cause the holodomor, but I am sincerely interested in your take GoG.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 am

apeman wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTJRGHsrYhY (Please watch the entire 5 minutes/ Pay attention to everything he says)
There are times to flip the board.
GoG, I watched like I promised, for anyone who didn't, JBP covers Paretto law, that in every creative endevour that exists, 20% are responsible for 80% of output/causation/whatever. Money too, obviously.

JBP also covers that we don't know of a good way to deal with this.

JBP then tells the story of the peasants/russians overthrowing the kulaks in Ukraine, because the kulaks must have stolen their better position in life, and how it led to holodomor.

GoG will correct me if I mistated anything.

So

like I said, I agree this world is full of injustice, unnecessary suffering, etc., but not sure how this clip supports your revolutionary impulses, my takeaway was strive to be at the top of the paretto distribution instead of striving to cause the holodomor, but I am sincerely interested in your take GoG.
Thats what I wanted you to hear. He also uses the the description of things get out of alignment and by his tone and mannerism you can tell he thinks that's a bad thing, which is hinting that something should be done when that happens. Of course he isn't going to say when that it exactly but he does say it has to be reshuffled if you will but no one knows how to do it properly...just that it happens if you will. Like the Glorious Revolution or the American Revolution or the Grachhi Roman Revolution , or the Magna Carta etc. these things were necessary but fairly "board flipping". If you dont change entropy will do it for you if nothing else, so maybe a revolution is required or even better than following into chaos by default. Which I believe we are headed for a revolution if we don't course correct. Regardless of my philosophical leaning I think we are headed that way one way or other.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 am

I agree with a lot of that, most of it in fact, although 1) I don't think revolution is right around the corner, so much bread and circus, free healthcare, free schooling, free $$$ will all come first, and it will be enough, and 2) it is a very dangerous thing to form one's life around a prospective revolution, most likely outcome is being a cassandra for an event that never comes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 am

apeman wrote:I agree with a lot of that, most of it in fact, although 1) I don't think revolution is right around the corner, so much bread and circus, free healthcare, free schooling, free $$$ will all come first, and it will be enough, and 2) it is a very dangerous thing to form one's life around a prospective revolution, most likely outcome is being a cassandra for an event that never comes.
Never mind that it wouldn't actually change that much anyways, to wit, so you have a revolution, so what? Sun comes up the next day, new boss same as the old boss.

Culture is destiny, time is a river, you don't change as much as you think, in putting an under new management sign above the post office.

That is of course assuming, that the revolution is not put down by a counterrevolution, which, generally more often the case.
Nec Aspera Terrent

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:05 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
apeman wrote:I agree with a lot of that, most of it in fact, although 1) I don't think revolution is right around the corner, so much bread and circus, free healthcare, free schooling, free $$$ will all come first, and it will be enough, and 2) it is a very dangerous thing to form one's life around a prospective revolution, most likely outcome is being a cassandra for an event that never comes.
Never mind that it wouldn't actually change that much anyways, to wit, so you have a revolution, so what? Sun comes up the next day, new boss same as the old boss.

Culture is destiny, time is a river, you don't change as much as you think, in putting an under new management sign above the post office.

That is of course assuming, that the revolution is not put down by a counterrevolution, which, generally more often the case.
True, animal farm

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 am

apeman wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

True, animal farm
In effect, America undergoes revolutionary change on a cycle anyways, de jure if not de facto, which I like to call, "striving for a more perfect union, once every hundred years or so"
Nec Aspera Terrent