The Era of McMaster

kybkh

The Era of McMaster

Post by kybkh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 am

Since he's the one calling the shots now-a-days I figure he at least deserves a thread.

Just listening to the conservative call in show David Webb I think. He's taken at least 10 calls from fucking white males and they have all been negative towards McMas...errr...Trump's new foreign policy.

Trump: "The experts don't know what they are doing".

"Experts": "Keep fighting an unwinnable war in Af/Pk".

Trump: "Normally I go with my gut but this time I am going to go with the experts who said there was WMD in Iraq and that I colluded with Russia".
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

C-Mag

Re: The Era of McMaster

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 am

He has a thread, called Fire McMaster....... told you fuckers.

:evil:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 am

GO GENERALS ! ! !

Somebody has to take the helm when there were too many alt-cucking crazy people in the White House and the President hasn't any leadership abilities. At least for the time before Pence.
The war in Vietnam was not lost in the field,nor was it lost on the front pages of the New York Times or on the college campuses. It was lost in Washington D.C., even before Americans assumed sole responsibility for the fighting in 1965 and before they realized the country was at war; indeed, even before the first American units were deployed. The disaster in Vietnam was not the result of impersonal forces but a uniquely human failure, the responsibility for which was shared By President Johnson and his principal military and civilian advisors. The failings were many and reinforcing: arrogance, weakness, lying in the pursuit of self-interest, and, above all, the abdication of responsibility to the American people.
- H.R. McMaster, Dereliction of Duty

Interesting that this guy is then asked By his President to be the national security advisor in this administration. And has to handle the longest war that the US ever has fought.

Talk about Karma.

ssu

Post by ssu » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:09 am

Maybe there's a point in talking about a "McMaster Era".
(Politico, 23rd August) McMaster adds muscle to Kushner’s Middle East peace effort

Jared Kushner has spent eight months as his father-in-law’s point person in the Middle East, relying primarily on one envoy, former Trump Organization lawyer Jason Greenblatt, to do the diplomatic heavy lifting in the region.

But just over a month ago, National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster held a meeting in his West Wing office with Greenblatt to discuss some changes to how the administration would conduct its Israel strategy going forward – including more input from the National Security Council.

In the meeting – also attended by National Security Council officials Ricky Waddell, Michael Anton and Victoria Coates – the group discussed moving Coates, a former policy adviser to Sen. Ted Cruz, to work full-time under Greenblatt.Greenblatt and David Friedman, the U.S. ambassador to Israel, had already pitched the idea privately to Coates. By bringing on Coates, Greenblatt would get a senior point of contact on the NSC who would be fully devoted to his project. McMaster, too, was pleased with the arrangement: it helped integrate what Greenblatt and Kushner had been doing with his NSC desk.

The group saw it as a win-win-win, and the move was quickly finalized. Coates, an art historian and a longtime Republican foreign policy adviser, was promoted to senior director of international negotiations and moved offices to sit with Greenblatt’s team in the Old Executive Office Building, across the street from the White House.

The move, White House officials and outside advisers said, underscored the administration’s commitment to brokering a Middle East peace deal, even amid recent setbacks in the region. And it showed the unorthodox administration giving a bigger partnership role in the region to the NSC — the traditional forum where foreign policy decisions are brokered.

Yep. Trump truly hates the State Department and he won't give anything to Tillerson. Perhaps Trump's hates it because Hillary was a Secretary of State?