New No-Work-Shown-Data In!!!

kybkh

New No-Work-Shown-Data In!!!

Post by kybkh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:20 am

Increased marijuana use is actually fueling conflict!

I get the impression from listening to the ruling class that they are all smoking pot. I remember when I used to know someone who smoked pot at least once an hour for a couple years. He always seemed to get a little paranoid every once in a while.

Marijuana legalization is changing how people perceive reality. I used to think it was a good thing. Now I think it just makes sheep more easily led.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

GloryofGreece

Re: New No-Work-Shown-Data In!!!

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 am

In what ways do think people that smoke weed are easier to mislead?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 am

I think marijuana use would, at first, enhance curiosity to look behind the curtain or lead to becoming "woke," but constant use over time would probably lead towards apathy.

i dunno

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 am

I get the impression that it's not just apathy but full blown paranoia and anxiety attacks.

This idea came to me while listening to Chris Hayes on the Ezra Klein show.

He talks about how sometimes he feels like everything is OK 'Trump may stand for everything he is against but it is ok, and "we will survive".' Other times 'he feels like a madman has his finger on the big red button'.

To me this sounds like someone who gets paranoid when smoking weed and then sobers up. You look at the ANTIFA folks, they are all stoners being fed hippie bullshit. The weed allows their minds to become scared and justify their violent response.

We talk about how the internet and social media is changing culture but having an ever increasing number of pot heads is going to have an impact at some level.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am

I find it kind of crazy that all the MJ legalization that the product is just considered a 100% safe and innocuous drug. In todays nanny state, litigious society has the hard science research been done on MJ and all it's long term effects ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 am

It's the modern hybrids you need to worry about. Lots of research showing links to psychosis.
Good old fashioned hash not so much.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 am

C-Mag wrote:I find it kind of crazy that all the MJ legalization that the product is just considered a 100% safe and innocuous drug. In todays nanny state, litigious society has the hard science research been done on MJ and all it's long term effects ?

Potheads don't like the objective research at all. That stuff is actually pretty bad for you.

I don't oppose decriminalization, but fuck no to legalization.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:31 pm

pineapplemike wrote:I think marijuana use would, at first, enhance curiosity to look behind the curtain or lead to becoming "woke," but constant use over time would probably lead towards apathy.

i dunno
I see what you did there.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:46 pm

kybkh wrote:I get the impression that it's not just apathy but full blown paranoia and anxiety attacks.

This idea came to me while listening to Chris Hayes on the Ezra Klein show.

He talks about how sometimes he feels like everything is OK 'Trump may stand for everything he is against but it is ok, and "we will survive".' Other times 'he feels like a madman has his finger on the big red button'.

To me this sounds like someone who gets paranoid when smoking weed and then sobers up. You look at the ANTIFA folks, they are all stoners being fed hippie bullshit. The weed allows their minds to become scared and justify their violent response.

We talk about how the internet and social media is changing culture but having an ever increasing number of pot heads is going to have an impact at some level.
I think you just stumbled upon SOP for liberals. They were always chicken little, "we are all going to die." This time they got way smug and overconfident, even mores than usual. They used thier polls and decaying data streams to tell them this thing was in the bag. And then boom, out of nowhere it all comes crashing down. So of course they got blindsided and now they are paranoid.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm guessing seeing pot smokers in an ever increasingly negative light is something that happens to most people as they mature.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751