Barcelona

TheReal_ND

Re: Barcelona

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Nukedog wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
I'm happy to condemn both sides, fighting is for when you have no arguments left.
The police here don't let protesters walk around tooled up to fight. Both sides would be read the riot act and the mounted police would disperse them. You can't even have solid wooden placard handle(has to be cardboard) never mind baseball bat and crash helmet.

Seems like your police prefer to shoot unarmed Ausralian ladies rather than keep the peace.
That was actually a fresh off the boat Somalian cop. Just an FYI
Yeah I know, I'm surprised it never came up here.
Standing in her pajamas waiting to talk to the cops and banged on the car and got shot for it. This is why we like our less gifted coppers to only be allowed a truncheon.
First I heard of the banging on the car angle. Doesn't sound implausible. What I heard was the Somali had the gun out already in his lap and at some point shot across the rookie driver through the car, I guess window.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

For what should be obvious reasons, it's illegal in most southern states now. Democrats do love them some political violence though. Never let a few laws get in their way.

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:15 pm

So first was the "official" response from Trump to the ISIS terrorist attack in Barcelona.

Then after an hour (or so), Trump simply cannot restrain himself from being himself and tweets:

And now the MSM is studying what Pershing actually did in the Phillippines. :D

I bet sometimes the MSM journalists in a daily meeting vow to simply stay off from Trump tweets and focus on real life events. But no, they cannot. "It's the President of the US", they'll say to themselves...

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:21 pm

He's not wrong though. We used to be imperialistic bastards that would crush dissent with an iron fist like pahpah did. We are an empire that just gets walked all over now. You can't have it both ways. We are the empire.

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Nukedog wrote:He's not wrong though. We used to be imperialistic bastards that would crush dissent with an iron fist like pahpah did. We are an empire that just gets walked all over now. You can't have it both ways. We are the empire.
That crushes dissent only for a while.

To truly crush dissent once and for all, you have to go for the cultural genocide option: have the people lose their own language and culture and replace it with English and American culture and make them citizens of the US. That's the way you truly crush real dissent. Are there violent separatists making terrorist attacks in Hawaii? Nope. Some odd little groups that likely get somehow government assistance, I presume exist there.

But I assume you would hate it if the Phillipines would be an US State just like Hawaii. With over 100 million population, you would already be a racial minority in your country (which would have Phillipines as part of it). But I guess a lot of Phillipinos would be better off.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 pm

have the people lose their own language and culture and replace it with English and American culture and make them citizens of the US. That's the way you truly crush real dissent.
Actually reminds me of a passage from the American Militant Nationalist Manifesto.

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Nukedog wrote:Actually reminds me of a passage from the American Militant Nationalist Manifesto.
Reminds many of the Borg in Star Trek.

In the end it is about how we see ourselves. The answers to the questions "Who are you?" and "Where do you come from?"

Not easy to change those.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Well no need to worry about assimilation under this empire. Like at all.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:27 pm

The left condemning violent hate groups narrative lasted about a week. You had a good run but now back on the defensive you go. Too bad so sad.

katarn

Post by katarn » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You'd need to accomplish a few minor debate points you are incapable of accomplishing:

(1) Prove that this kid deliberately targeted people with the intent of running them over.

(2) Prove that the alt-right encourages it's members to murder.

And while you are there, consider that I could *easily* show that:

(3) Antifa deliberately target people and try to kill them (they showed up with baseball bats, lead pipes, and sent plenty of innocent people to the ER, including one guy who is now blind from an acid attack).

(4) Antifa literally encourages political violence against the left, is paid to perpetrate it by the DNC and Soros, and promote that violence in their literature and social media.

So even if you could prove (1) and (2) (which you cannot), I would still just fall back on (3) and (4) to show that this was more like an ISIS jihadi getting preemptively run over than anything else. If (1) and (2) were true, the best you could rationally do is condemn both sides, but you know you won't really do that.
Remember that the right protestors showed up with torches and shields, some more than that. Monte did condemn both sides, as we should. Both sides are crazy.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace