TheReal_ND

Re: Barcelona

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:30 pm

PART

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sparrow941 wrote:Just a little anecdote I'd like to share. There is this guy that works in the xray department that is muslem. I never really talked to him until one day about a month ago we were both stuck in a long boring case together. So we started chatting.

Eventally the conversation swung to ISIS. He contended that they were not really muslems because real muslems like him were nonviolent.

I argued that they were muslems because they called themselves muslems and had the power, for now to violently silence anyone in thier territory that disagreed.

We got busy for a couple minutes, then resumed talking. I asked about the violent conquest that mohommed led and asked how that recociled with his assertion that all muslems are nonviolent. He said it was different because mohommed was liberating opressed muslems that were being persucuted.

Then we got busy again until the end of the case. I havent had a chance to talk again.

The dude is very polite and mild mannered, one of the better weekend xray techs. He is what I would consder a moderate muslem.

And he belives that violence is ok as long as you are liberating "oppressed people".
Hope you have another job lined up.
Lol Sparrow is an academic working on a thesis. He will literally be burned at the stake and have his bones thrown into a river.
Shikata ga nai

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:I don't find it interesting anymore. An extremist plowed into a group of people with a car. People leap to defend the group that has an outside representation as the perpetrators these events.

Just another day in the EU.
Someone defended terrorism? I must have missed that.
Another whack job kills people, hardly unique to the EU.
Still, at least no European president is going to be slow to condemn the perp's while trying to blame both sides.
Trump wasn't slow or off the subject.
“The United States condemns the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, and will do whatever is necessary to help. Be tough & strong, we love you!”

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:44 pm

AND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You'd need to accomplish a few minor debate points you are incapable of accomplishing:

(1) Prove that this kid deliberately targeted people with the intent of running them over.

(2) Prove that the alt-right encourages it's members to murder.

And while you are there, consider that I could *easily* show that:

(3) Antifa deliberately target people and try to kill them (they showed up with baseball bats, lead pipes, and sent plenty of innocent people to the ER, including one guy who is now blind from an acid attack).

(4) Antifa literally encourages political violence against the left, is paid to perpetrate it by the DNC and Soros, and promote that violence in their literature and social media.

So even if you could prove (1) and (2) (which you cannot), I would still just fall back on (3) and (4) to show that this was more like an ISIS jihadi getting preemptively run over than anything else. If (1) and (2) were true, the best you could rationally do is condemn both sides, but you know you won't really do that.
I'm happy to condemn both sides, fighting is for when you have no arguments left.
The police here don't let protesters walk around tooled up to fight. Both sides would be read the riot act and the mounted police would disperse them. You can't even have solid wooden placard handle(has to be cardboard) never mind baseball bat and crash helmet.

Seems like your police prefer to shoot unarmed Ausralian ladies rather than keep the peace.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

PARCEL

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You'd need to accomplish a few minor debate points you are incapable of accomplishing:

(1) Prove that this kid deliberately targeted people with the intent of running them over.

(3) Antifa deliberately target people and try to kill them (they showed up with baseball bats, lead pipes, and sent plenty of innocent people to the ER, including one guy who is now blind from an acid attack).

(4) Antifa literally encourages political violence against the left, is paid to perpetrate it by the DNC and Soros, and promote that violence in their literature and social media.

So even if you could prove (1) and (2) (which you cannot), I would still just fall back on (3) and (4) to show that this was more like an ISIS jihadi getting preemptively run over than anything else. If (1) and (2) were true, the best you could rationally do is condemn both sides, but you know you won't really do that.
I'm happy to condemn both sides, fighting is for when you have no arguments left.
The police here don't let protesters walk around tooled up to fight. Both sides would be read the riot act and the mounted police would disperse them. You can't even have solid wooden placard handle(has to be cardboard) never mind baseball bat and crash helmet.

Seems like your police prefer to shoot unarmed Ausralian ladies rather than keep the peace.
That was actually a fresh off the boat Somalian cop. Just an FYI

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I'm happy to condemn both sides, fighting is for when you have no arguments left.

Here just conceiling your identity and with the obvious intent to act violently in a demonstration or public meeting can get you into jail. So just coming up to protest just with your face covered and a baseball bat can get you a three month prison term.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Nukedog wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

That was actually a fresh off the boat Somalian cop. Just an FYI
Yeah I know, I'm surprised it never came up here.
Standing in her pajamas waiting to talk to the cops and banged on the car and got shot for it. This is why we like our less gifted coppers to only be allowed a truncheon.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 pm

ssu wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I'm happy to condemn both sides, fighting is for when you have no arguments left.

Here just conceiling your identity and with the obvious intent to act violently in a demonstration or public meeting can get you into jail. So just coming up to protest just with your face covered and a baseball bat can get you a three month prison term.
Yeah, mask would get you nicked here too, no paramilitary uniforms either since Oswold Mosley in the 1930's.