Barcelona

Kazmyr

Re: Barcelona

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am

Up to 13 dead and 50 wounded.

If the US has the Dodge of Peace, does that mean Europe has the Fiat of Fatwahs?
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

I just Lurk

Post by I just Lurk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Sparrow941 wrote:Just a little anecdote I'd like to share. There is this guy that works in the xray department that is muslem. I never really talked to him until one day about a month ago we were both stuck in a long boring case together. So we started chatting.

Eventally the conversation swung to ISIS. He contended that they were not really muslems because real muslems like him were nonviolent.

I argued that they were muslems because they called themselves muslems and had the power, for now to violently silence anyone in thier territory that disagreed.

We got busy for a couple minutes, then resumed talking. I asked about the violent conquest that mohommed led and asked how that recociled with his assertion that all muslems are nonviolent. He said it was different because mohommed was liberating opressed muslems that were being persucuted.

Then we got busy again until the end of the case. I havent had a chance to talk again.

The dude is very polite and mild mannered, one of the better weekend xray techs. He is what I would consder a moderate muslem.

And he belives that violence is ok as long as you are liberating "oppressed people".
Hope you have another job lined up.
Nah, I think that i'll be ok. Before we ventured off into ISIS, he was preaching about the dangers of cultural marxism, and how victimhood culture is disentegrating everything that makes america great. It was pretty entertaining.
NukeDog was right

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm

The Christmas party my need to become a strict avoid.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm

I don't find it interesting anymore. An extremist plowed into a group of people with a car. People leap to defend the group that has an outside representation as the perpetrators these events.

Just another day in the EU.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:I don't find it interesting anymore. An extremist plowed into a group of people with a car. People leap to defend the group that has an outside representation as the perpetrators these events.

Someone defended terrorism? I must have missed that.
Another whack job kills people, hardly unique to the EU.
Still, at least no European president is going to be slow to condemn the perp's while trying to blame both sides.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Stupid on the steinway
So sick upon a steinway
The sailors drown
See them talk and see them drown
And see them drink and fall around
Upon the floor
Sister of mine, home again
Sister of mine, home again

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:I don't find it interesting anymore. An extremist plowed into a group of people with a car. People leap to defend the group that has an outside representation as the perpetrators these events.

Still, at least no European president is going to be slow to condemn the perp's while trying to blame both sides.
Sigh... yes Monte that's exactly what I meant.

Can we skip that part of the verbal sparring and get to your point? We know each other too well to waste time on that nonsense.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Sigh... yes Monte that's exactly what I meant.

Can we skip that part of the verbal sparring and get to your point? We know each other too well to waste time on that nonsense.
Same point as you really. I'm bored of this too.
Slightly different reaction to it compared to previous attacks. Guess the Alt-right is working out how to spin it now they are no better than ISIS.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm

You'd need to accomplish a few minor debate points you are incapable of accomplishing:

(1) Prove that this kid deliberately targeted people with the intent of running them over.

(2) Prove that the alt-right encourages it's members to murder.

And while you are there, consider that I could *easily* show that:

(3) Antifa deliberately target people and try to kill them (they showed up with baseball bats, lead pipes, and sent plenty of innocent people to the ER, including one guy who is now blind from an acid attack).

(4) Antifa literally encourages political violence against the left, is paid to perpetrate it by the DNC and Soros, and promote that violence in their literature and social media.

So even if you could prove (1) and (2) (which you cannot), I would still just fall back on (3) and (4) to show that this was more like an ISIS jihadi getting preemptively run over than anything else. If (1) and (2) were true, the best you could rationally do is condemn both sides, but you know you won't really do that.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Yea, you're really stretching with the comparison.