Unite the Right

Smitty-48

Re: Unite the Right

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:02 pm

kybkh wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Rather than the CIA DO/NCS, couldn't it just be the DNC and RNC working in concert? Do they really need to use Langley? Couldn't they just use hired help from outside the Executive Branch?

The CIA after all, is rather bureaucratic and unweildy, seems to me, if you want to do something clandestine and deniable these days, you go to the private sector, not to mention if you're operating against your own executive, would make sense not to route it through that branch.
I have no proof he is CIA. I just say that because I consider CNN-ISIS to be a CIA mouthpiece.

The list of enemies Trump has is endless and the resources they have are limitless so it could be any number of groups or individuals colluding or acting independently.

I only keep going back to the IC because they have so much data at their fingertips that it only takes a couple of hardcore Hillaristas to do a considerable amount of damage.

Literally, the world is more opaque than ever because via private entities and super hacking more people are capable than ever before to act from the shadows.
Well, even if so, I would think it is all going on well above the pay grades at Langley, I don't think the Directorate of Operations is as compromised as you infer, at least not as this juncture.

Crossing into US territory against their own executive? That would be the Rubicon, to say the least, I suspect their loyalty to the constitution and office of the CinC is a bit more stalwart than that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 pm

It was almost certainly a state democratic party thing led by the governor.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm

In the end, even if the Clintonistas or whoever was want to cross the Rubicon, I don't think they could ever rely on the Directorate of Operations to follow them over the river, so it would be inherently perilous to involve the pay grades at Langley, lest they decline the order at the riverbank, and in the process bring Ceasar down by default.

I mean, the CIA is not actually like a Legion, they are civilians, and they are quite a bit more independently minded and even unruly compared to the military, so it would too risky to try to run things across the Rubicon through Langley, far too much room for dissent there, and the CIA operators are clever, and so far too dangerous to your agenda, if in dissention of it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:42 pm

To wit, how do you know that the CIA Directorate of Operations is not trying to bring Donald Trump & Co down? Because Donald Trump is still President, if the CIA operators wanted to bring him down, they could have done it by now, they could destroy him with ease, in an afternoon if they wanted to.

If they were want to cross the Rubicon, Donald Trump would be dead by now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:To wit, how do you know that the CIA Directorate of Operations is not trying to bring Donald Trump & Co down? Because Donald Trump is still President, if the CIA operators wanted to bring him down, they could have done it by now, they could destroy him with ease, in an afternoon if they wanted to.
Who play's the role of Mark Anthony in this narrative? Not Pence...

Besides, they aren't after him. They are after the movement and ideas with which he won the election on. They have to discredit his ideas and the non-interventionist movement et al or else they just make a martyr of Trump and his platform is picked up by Kid Rock.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:52 pm

I don't think the National Security apparatus is quite as opposed to your "movement" as you surmise, I don't think the CIA Directorate of Operations is quite so enamored with Trump as Trump claimed when he went to Langley, but I don't think they are actually opposed to your whole MAGA America First populist nationalist backlash against the internationalist liberals, I just don't think they like Donald Trump as its figurehead. Mike Pence is indeed more to their tastes, but I doubt they will actually intervene on his behalf, I think they are more likely to just wait Trump out.

The National Security apparatus; they're not going anywhere, they're patient, they play the long game.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Oh Smitty your getting them all hyped up, even if you try reason and logic here. :lol:

Well, all I can say that Mueller has all the time in the World doing his research as everybody in Washington is getting tired of the petulant grumpy old man. He nows time is on his side.

You see, nothing is going to change. Everything will continue as it has during the last months.

Next it's going to be the so-called "tax reform" and the ever so whimsical debt ceiling farce that will be a huge debacle with Trump. With the Mexican wall now somehow morphed into something new that forgets Mexico paying anything, it will be something similar to the healthcare reform.

Nothing will change, we have already seen it how it will play out.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Just look at who is in Trump's cotterie; Pence, Mattis, McMaster, Kelly, Tillerson, Mnuchin, Ross, Perry, Haley, Coats, Pompeo, the Prince family...

I seriously doubt the National Security apparatus percieves this Administration and its agenda as a threat to their interests, I would assume that they just think that Trump is a doofus who don't know how to run a tight ship.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Just look at who is in Trump's cotterie; Pence, Mattis, McMaster, Kelly, Tillerson, Mnuchin, Ross, Perry, Haley, Coats, Pompeo, the Prince family...

I seriously doubt the National Security apparatus perceives this Administration and its agenda is a threat to their interests, I would assume that they just think Trump is a doofus who don't know how to run a tight ship.
Oh yes, it's not threat. It's not even something that could give them a nasty surprise. Once Bannon is out, Washington DC can breathe normally again...

And the real threat of Russia having any influence through Trump has long time ago evaporated... with Trump's ineptness. Just look how quickly Trump's idea of a Russian-American joint cyber-security initiative was laughed out. Now Mattis is in Ukraine talking about arming the Ukrainians, hence the real US foreign policy is in hands of people who the Washington establishment trusts. Heck, I don't think that these generals will be even looked down upon from serving in the Trump administration. They will be viewed as performing their job well "even with Trump as being their president". If in the future Pence really would take over, I suspect that he will keep a lot of them as to show that "everything was at good hands".

Another example of how things are going is the talk of Republican primaries in 2020. There one notable is Paul Ryan making a campaign speech at Boeing Co. in Washington. So the Republicans are already starting to look past Trump. Now if Trump would have gotten something done, then the Rudy Giuliani / Chris Cristie types could have taken the lead. Now even Sessions is a "Good 'Ol Republican" thanks to Trump bashing him. What Trump hasn't been capable of is to transform the GOP into his party.

What the GOP doesn't want to do is to alienate the loyal Trumpists, hence they likely will just wait and assume that Trump will be the same as allways and won't get anything important done. And assume Trump's popularity will go down as it has gone.

For Trump the tactic of bashing at the GOP establishment would be great if he would have some important legislation on his belt.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Trump doesn't need to be able to run fast, he just has to be able to outrun his political opponents. The opposition shows no signs of fielding anyone who is fleet of foot, to race against him, so he doesn't have to be the fastest runner on the planet. It would be nice to put some points on the board, but if the Democrats are going to be this incompetent, it will be 8 years of Trump to wait through.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*