Rich Higgins NSC Memo - POTUS & POLITICAL WARFARE

Martin Hash

Re: Rich Higgins NSC Memo - POTUS & POLITICAL WARFARE

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Why are those mutually exclusive options?
Now we're talking. Yeah, they both seem simultaneously likely.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:11 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Man. Nixon was cool.

I wish we actually had a Nixon... not this Bargain-Bin-Nixon.

If we did have a Nixon, you'd lament it, and you'd openly wish for the days when Trump was a president. You'll only ever be happy when we have some massive faggot like Obama burning the nation to the ground.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 am

Martin Hash wrote:
kybkh wrote:The one of two things.

1 Flynn and his merry band of JSOC intel guys are all relatively white supremacist and saw an opportunity to get in power via Trump and used whatever meme magic they had to help. Now they have been purged by the Army of the Platomac.

2 Flynn and his JSOC, high clearance, DIA guys are privy to info that is so blantntly corrupt that they decided to try to save the country from becoming demographically doomed.
That's pretty good. (And both options are equally likely.)
Or, as somebody having done some intel work, Flynn understood the alt-right Bannon crowd behind Trump and simply interacted with the Cernovich & Yiannopoulos types and hence got them all hyped up, like uh, we see from this site.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

If we did have a Nixon, you'd lament it, and you'd openly wish for the days when Trump was a president. You'll only ever be happy when we have some massive faggot like Obama burning the nation to the ground.
I seriously doubt Hanarchy would lament Nixon, by American standards today, Nixon was a tax and spend big government bleeding heart liberal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 am

ssu wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
kybkh wrote:The one of two things.

1 Flynn and his merry band of JSOC intel guys are all relatively white supremacist and saw an opportunity to get in power via Trump and used whatever meme magic they had to help. Now they have been purged by the Army of the Platomac.

2 Flynn and his JSOC, high clearance, DIA guys are privy to info that is so blantntly corrupt that they decided to try to save the country from becoming demographically doomed.
That's pretty good. (And both options are equally likely.)
Or, as somebody having done some intel work, Flynn understood the alt-right Bannon crowd behind Trump and simply interacted with the Cernovich & Yiannopoulos types and hence got them all hyped up, like uh, we see from this site.
'Cuz we're all Rednecks. It takes foreigners to tell us how it is. Jesus fucking Christ.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

I seriously doubt Hanarchy would lament Nixon, by American standards today, Nixon was a tax and spend big government bleeding heart liberal.
In the halcyon days o' my youth, I remember hearing Chomsky refer to Nixon as the 'last liberal president' once. Took me longer than I care to admit to figure out what he meant by that.

Anyway, huge Nixon fan right here.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

In the halcyon days o' my youth, I remember hearing Chomsky refer to Nixon as the 'last liberal president' once. Took me longer than I care to admit to figure out what he meant by that.

He was okay. I respect his commitment to his guys. People often think the Watergate thing was this huge conspiracy run by Nixon, but in reality, his part was in covering it up after people got caught out of loyalty to them.

The Clintons would have ordered it in the first place and then suicided the guys they hired to do it. Obama would just order the FBI to do it for him and then the MSM would cover it up for him. We've sure progressed!

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:37 am

Martin Hash wrote:'Cuz we're all Rednecks. It's takes foreigners to tell us how it is. Jesus fucking Christ.
Nope, it's Flynn I was talking about.

If Trump would have surrounded himself with neocons (which may have decreased his popularity a bit), Flynn would have fitted in perfectly too. Flynn was a general who also took a notable political stand alongside his candidate as he came in early in the campaign. That's the difference to Mattis, Kelly and especially Mattis, who basically came in after Trump was President.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:59 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:In the halcyon days o' my youth, I remember hearing Chomsky refer to Nixon as the 'last liberal president' once. Took me longer than I care to admit to figure out what he meant by that.

Yeah, but all those liberal interventionist policies that Nixon put in place, basically incited stagflation and the big recession of the mid to late seventies, which in the end, required harsh measures from Paul Volcker. Nixon was an economic populist, but that made him do the same cuckoo shit that every other cuckoo politician was doing in the seventies, I mean, wage and price controls imposed by the federal government? Cuckoo.

Oh yeah, it was popular with the public, they were applauding it at the time, only problem is, the public is fiscally and economically illiterate. He puts wage and price controls in at 4% inflation, which at the time was called "intolerable", and the Fed held the interest rate to 6% on the banks; within two years, inflation was 14%, that was the new "intolerable".

Maybe you're not old enough to remember what 14% inflation was like, nor what 22% interest rates to get that back under control was like neither, but I doubt you would have been a fan then.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:25 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, but all those liberal interventionist policies that Nixon put in place, basically incited stagflation and the big recession of the mid to late seventies, which in the end, required harsh measures from Paul Volcker. Nixon was an economic populist, but that made him do the same cuckoo shit that every other cuckoo politician was doing in the seventies, I mean, wage and price controls imposed by the federal government? Cuckoo.

Oh yeah, it was popular with the public, they were applauding it at the time, only problem is, the public is fiscally and economically illiterate. He puts wage and price controls in at 4% inflation, which at the time was called "intolerable", and the Fed held the interest rate to 6% on the banks; within two years, inflation was 14%, that was the new "intolerable".

Maybe you're not old enough to remember what 14% inflation was like, nor what 22% interest rates to get that back under control was like neither, but I doubt you would have been a fan then.
Back then Milton Friedman described Nixon's economic policy well: "We are all Keynesians now". Those days going off the gold standard did have repercussions.