Rich Higgins NSC Memo - POTUS & POLITICAL WARFARE

TheReal_ND

Re: Rich Higgins NSC Memo - POTUS & POLITICAL WARFARE

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 pm

When your state's sole job is to protect trannies and import foreigners

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Here's an interesting question, cousin: How would the West African slave trade and the entire legal concept of human chattel have played out if (a.) the first American revolution was suppressed, or (b.) Washington and Hamilton were hung from a 30 foot branch of a Westsylvania Oak?

Either way, would there have been 700,000 killed Americans, or the bullshit we are living through today?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Fife wrote:Here's an interesting question, cousin: How would the West African slave trade and the entire legal concept of human chattel have played out if (a.) the first American revolution was suppressed, or (b.) Washington and Hamilton were hung from a 30 foot branch of a Westsylvania Oak?

Either way, would there have been 700,000 killed Americans, or the bullshit we are living through today?

Slavery would have been abolished in 1833.

All evidence points to the assertion that this marxist nightmare would be even worse (see: England, Scotland, Canada, and Australia).

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Nukedog wrote:When your state's sole job is to protect trannies and import foreigners
Well certianly importing foreigners, as without foreigners imported, I would be standing on Mohawk land right now, no importing foreigners, no Hanover at all amongst the Hurons. As for trannies? So long as they do not disturb the Queen's Peace, carry on, if any would disturb the Queen's Peace to attack them, then protection will of course be provided, the Queen's Peace doesn't care why you're disturbing the Queen's Peace, only that you are.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Fife wrote:Here's an interesting question, cousin: How would the West African slave trade and the entire legal concept of human chattel have played out if (a.) the first American revolution was suppressed, or (b.) Washington and Hamilton were hung from a 30 foot branch of a Westsylvania Oak?

Well, the Crown would have had to purchase all those slaves from their holders in the emancipation of 1833, as they did with all the slaves in the West Indies, although, I don't know if British rule all the way to 1833 is a given, even if the first revolution is supressed, as really, the problem was that Britain was a seapower not a landpower, and holding India was the priority, so no guaruntee the House of Hanover could have maintained order, even if they had managed to surpress the first revolt, but also, it is even more likely that the Crown may not have actually viewed that as being in its interests anymore, by 1833, and may have simply have ceded to an American Republic by then, nary a shot fired, in the name of commerce uber alles.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:35 pm

That's a good point. In a way, the revolution was great for England, since they didn't have to spend a dime to defend the US, but they still got all the trade goods with exclusive trade deals. This freed them up to focus on France, shore up their empire in North Africa and Central Asia, and build the commercial empire they wanted in the first place.

If they held onto America, they very well could have been drawn into large continental wars with France, Mexico, and even Russia. Americans were hot-headed enough to love fighting those wars, but England not so much.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

Well, the Crown would have had to purchase all those slaves from their holders in the emancipation of 1833, as they did with all the slaves in the West Indies, although, I don't know if British rule all the way to 1833 is a given, even if the first revolution is supressed, as really, the problem was that Britain was a seapower not a landpower, and holding India was the priority, so no guaruntee the House of Hanover could have maintained order, even if they had managed to surpress the first revolt, but also, it is even more likely that the Crown may not have actually viewed that as being in its interests anymore, by 1833, and may have simply have ceded to an American Republic by then, nary a shot fired, in the name of commerce uber alles.
OK, that's (a.). Quite plausible, if not more than a little depressing.

What about (b.)?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Would the Crown have actually hung Washington? I don't know about that, they probably would have hung a few plebs, just to put a bit o' stick about, but there was so much light on Washington, not the best practice to hang a man like that, a martyr can be far more dangerous than a mere traitor in the end. I mean, the House of Hanover didn't even hang Bonaparte, eh wot? Not even the second time did they seek to make a martyr of him.

I think it's entirely plausibe that the Crown, having defeated him, would have recognized Washington as an Officer and a Gentleman, with all the status therein, perhaps some time in custody, followed by exile to France? He's wealthy, he's connected, and he's British, you only hang that, as an absolute last resort.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
kybkh wrote:Everyone keeping this memo in mind as they watch the news coverage?
Seems to be wanton populist rabble rousing on both sides of the divide, but as there is no Queen's Peace to keep in the American Republic, said Hurly Burly is destined to come to blows from time to time, still don't see it as reaching the threshold of the National Security Council, certainly not to the point of putting pen to paper about it to distribute as a policy document. Rabble gonna rabble when roused, who knew? That ain't nothing to convene the National Command Authority over, just American hotheads being hotheads, same as it ever was.

There's no Army of Northern Virginia on the march, no People's Liberation Army on the march neither, and crying wolf as if there was, is just being an hysterical drama queen, ergo; "lighten up, Francis"
The least appreciated aspect of the Obama administration was his ability to appoint as many like minded radicals such as himself to positions of power and the depths of which these Friends of Obama have penetrated the national security apparatus.

I would suggest that he was so successful in this aspect that Obama is able to mobilize a considerable amount influence within every branch of government including the NSC.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:00 pm

kybkh wrote:The least appreciated aspect of the Obama administration was his ability to appoint as many like minded radicals such as himself to positions of power and the depths of which these Friends of Obama have penetrated the national security apparatus.

I would suggest that he was so successful in this aspect that Obama is able to mobilize a considerable amount influence within every branch of government including the NSC.
Yes, well, as a conservative, I would not use Obama as a template for how I would operate, what's the point of opposing the Left, if you are simply going to become them in the end?

NSC mission creep, into domestic partisan bunfight? Not on my watch, stick to your knitting, NSC, don't you have hydrogen bombs to worry about? Yes, I do believe you do, so get on with that, if we need a secret political police, that's what the FBI is for.
Nec Aspera Terrent