Is the presidential approval rating reductive?

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Why are there no there questions asked in polls with the same significance about the pres?

Would you replace him right now with an another member of his party?

Do you think he is corrupt?

etc...

I just Lurk

Re: Is the presidential approval rating reductive?

Post by I just Lurk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Yep. But it is designed to be reductive. People that take presidential approval rating seriously are unwilling or unable to see nuances. Shit is complex, yo. But that's kind of the point of a thumbs up/thumbs down approval rating. It gives low information consumers that don't want to think about things too deeply something to grasp.

Why are there no there questions asked in polls with the same significance about the pres?

Wat?? Does pres mean President? Does Pres mean Press? What are you asking?

Nope. This fight we are seeing isn't really republican vs democrat. It's trump vs Establishment. Other members of his party are a bunch of cucks, or worse opportunistic politicians.

Yep. I also don't give a fuck. The establishment no longer serves the American People. A shake up is needed. If that shake up comes in the form of Trump, then so be it.
NukeDog was right

I just Lurk

Post by I just Lurk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:09 pm

My main concern with Trump is this:

"That's all part of the routine, what you do is strip the White House of the outsider advisers and force the President to replace them with insider approved people, Trump is resisting this, so they're just going after any that they can, and as many as they can, just to limit his options. That's how it was with Clinton too, you just keep picking off the subordinates until the WH chooses the "correct" answer.

It's like; Flynn has to go, no, you can't have that guy neither, ah, General McMaster, there you go, that is the "correct" answer, you can keep him.

This inquisition, er I mean, "investigation" will persist for the entire Trump presidency, just to try to force compliance the whole way, right now they're just getting warmed up, "shaping the battlespace" as the Pentagon likes to say."

Posted By smitty in THE ERA OF TRUMP Thread.

If this turns out to be true, then trump isn't anything special, just a small nuisance to be absorbed and assimilated. At least the SJW craze seems to be cresting. Trump didn't cause their demise, he was just the catalyst that caused them to go crazy and lose public support.

There was a quote floating around here somewhere. It goes something like "better to be ruled by robber barons than omnipotent moral busybodies"

Meh, I would rather not be ruled at all. If a state is absolutely necessary, I'd rather have one that isn't filled with corrupt assholes.
Last edited by I just Lurk on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NukeDog was right

I just Lurk

Post by I just Lurk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 pm

This actually got me thinking. Everyone agrees that All states are on a corruption spectrum, with one end being a state that has a few corrupt assholes, and the other side of the spectrum which is a dysfunctional state that is so corrupt it is not functional. One reason I have heard for states with low corruption is cultural or ethnic homogeneity. How does this actually work? What is the mechanism by which states that rule over homogeneous groups are not infiltrated by power hungry assholes?
NukeDog was right

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 am

Sparrow941 wrote:Is the presidential approval rating reductive?

Yep. But it is designed to be reductive. People that take presidential approval rating seriously are unwilling or unable to see nuances. Shit is complex, yo. But that's kind of the point of a thumbs up/thumbs down approval rating. It gives low information consumers that don't want to think about things too deeply something to grasp.

Wat?? Does pres mean President? Does Pres mean Press? What are you asking?

Nope. This fight we are seeing isn't really republican vs democrat. It's trump vs Establishment. Other members of his party are a bunch of cucks, or worse opportunistic politicians.

Yep. I also don't give a fuck. The establishment no longer serves the American People. A shake up is needed. If that shake up comes in the form of Trump, then so be it.
I meant President.

I don't care right now but if he gets taken away, is replaced by a Marc Cuban who is willing to do same culture war stuff i am fine with it. Depends on what he does, i would not feel that way if the left was not in such a retarded culture war phase.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:03 am

Sparrow941 wrote:This actually got me thinking. Everyone agrees that All states are on a corruption spectrum, with one end being a state that has a few corrupt assholes, and the other side of the spectrum which is a dysfunctional state that is so corrupt it is not functional. One reason I have heard for states with low corruption is cultural or ethnic homogeneity. How does this actually work? What is the mechanism by which states that rule over homogeneous groups are not infiltrated by power hungry assholes?
Shared risk and reward. As a group/tribe, the more you have in common the more you are likely to share the risk and reward of life.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:15 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote: Do you think he is corrupt?
Yes. If I was rating him on a scale of 1-10 compared to all other politicians, 10 being the most corrupt, I'd give him a 3.

If you are a Democrat hack bitch, then you will ignore everything after "Yes".

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 pm

The point is to look at the numbers not just by itself but as part of a larger picture. It fascinates me to no end to see Dem hacks site the number when speaking about their chances in 2018 with a smug smile on their face change his demeanor when some young reporter, who doesn't yet know he is supposed to be a shill, like GCF is, points out that the approval numbers for Congress, Democrat leadership and Democrats as a party have lower numbers.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:53 pm

All these Democrat party and associated liberal media polls are presented in a vacuum, it's not Trump and GOP v. whatever Lefty kook the Democrats truck out in 2020, people who voted for Trump may not even like or in fact trust him, but I bet'cha they're going to pick him over whatever tax raising, gun grabbing, over regulating, and left wing Supreme Court justice appointing Demcorat party alternative is eventually presented to them, the issue not being that Trump is so great, the issue being that in the districts where it counts, the voters are so sick of the Democrat party loonie left agenda, that they'd vote for a ham sandwich before they would vote for a liberal Democrat at this point.

CNN keeps repeating over an over; "wow, look how low Trump's approval rating is compared to JFK's!", as if the Democrats had a JFK lined up in the wings to run against him, when in fact, they don't. If it was still the John Kennedy Democrat party, Trump might be in trouble, but since it's far to the loonie left of anything JFK would have been confortable with, Trump is still in good shape.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Sparrow941 wrote:My main concern with Trump is this:

"That's all part of the routine, what you do is strip the White House of the outsider advisers and force the President to replace them with insider approved people, Trump is resisting this, so they're just going after any that they can, and as many as they can, just to limit his options. That's how it was with Clinton too, you just keep picking off the subordinates until the WH chooses the "correct" answer.

It's like; Flynn has to go, no, you can't have that guy neither, ah, General McMaster, there you go, that is the "correct" answer, you can keep him.

This inquisition, er I mean, "investigation" will persist for the entire Trump presidency, just to try to force compliance the whole way, right now they're just getting warmed up, "shaping the battlespace" as the Pentagon likes to say."

Posted By smitty in THE ERA OF TRUMP Thread.

If this turns out to be true, then trump isn't anything special, just a small nuisance to be absorbed and assimilated. At least the SJW craze seems to be cresting. Trump didn't cause their demise, he was just the catalyst that caused them to go crazy and lose public support.

There was a quote floating around here somewhere. It goes something like "better to be ruled by robber barons than omnipotent moral busybodies"

Meh, I would rather not be ruled at all. If a state is absolutely necessary, I'd rather have one that isn't filled with corrupt assholes.
That quote is by the Christian writer CS Lewis. Hes basically saying that greed has its limits, but ideologues have an unquenchable lust for control. Think of Czar Russia vs. Stalin Russia.
Shikata ga nai