Social Security Game Theory

Ex-California

Re: Social Security Game Theory

Post by Ex-California » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:30 am

PartyOf5 wrote:Wait, you're relying on social security to get you through retirement? :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :o :evil:

I'm planning on getting basically nothing from SS by the time I retire. The game will be up by that time, or the Democrats will have found a way to only provide it to those who never put jack into it the past 50 years. I plan on being on my own and using my 401k, Roth IRA, and other savings to fund my wife and I in retirement.

I'm surprised that other are surprised the government would tax SS income. It's income that you put into pre-tax, so of course you're going to get hit up for it when the checks start to arrive.
I mean, unemployment insurance is even taxed. There is nothing that they won't try and extort from you.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:38 am

California wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:Wait, you're relying on social security to get you through retirement? :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :o :evil:

I'm planning on getting basically nothing from SS by the time I retire. The game will be up by that time, or the Democrats will have found a way to only provide it to those who never put jack into it the past 50 years. I plan on being on my own and using my 401k, Roth IRA, and other savings to fund my wife and I in retirement.

I'm surprised that other are surprised the government would tax SS income. It's income that you put into pre-tax, so of course you're going to get hit up for it when the checks start to arrive.
I mean, unemployment insurance is even taxed. There is nothing that they won't try and extort from you.
Correct, look at all those pretax deductions as delayed tax payments sooner or later they getting their hands on it. Why does GCF want to starve children?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 am

California wrote:

It's because it gets classified as an income. Service-connected disability is classified as compensation for whatever happened to you, so it's not taxed.

Where I think they went wrong in this case is that people actually paid into the system (by force). It's like they are taxing the money they took from you in the first place.