Social Security Game Theory

Fife

Re: Social Security Game Theory

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Wait, what? UBI creates externalities and perversions????

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:47 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I forgot to post what is possibly the most infuriating part of this. Apparently, Social Security is taxed as income. AND, 50% of Social Security income is used to lower the Social Security benefit received, until 70 years old.

You can't make this shit up.
Do you any of you fuckers do taxes? How could you not know that. You can thank Bill Clinton for that.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:52 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I forgot to post what is possibly the most infuriating part of this. Apparently, Social Security is taxed as income. AND, 50% of Social Security income is used to lower the Social Security benefit received, until 70 years old.

Do you any of you fuckers do taxes? How could you not know that. You can thank Bill Clinton for that.
Why would I do taxes on Social Security income? I'll never get any.

The fact that nobody knows this until they're 62 is also a big reason that it's allowed to go on.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Fife wrote:Wait, what? UBI creates externalities and perversions????

But they laugh at Libertarians for being naive. :lol:

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:

The fact that nobody knows this until they're 62 is also a big reason that it's allowed to go on.
You actually thought you could deduct all that income from line 4 of a W2 and they not put thier hands on it eventually? You statist are hilarious.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:12 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:

You actually thought you could deduct all that income from line 4 of a W2 and they not put thier hands on it eventually? You statist are hilarious.
No, chucklehead. When you draw a SS check, they are going to tax the money that they just handed you. That's insane.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:33 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

No, chucklehead. When you draw a SS check, they are going to tax the money that they just handed you. That's insane.
Yes, dirty dick exactly as I said. It is the worse IRA like ever. Do you even read your w2 or just hand it over to HR block? But if someone were to say the word "privatize" you would reflexively be in need of a fainting couch. I learned these things in middle school, my grandfather was a CPA, Im Jewish, you aren't telling me anything I dont know. What do you expect? Why do you hate NPR?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:51 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Yes, dirty dick exactly as I said. It is the worse IRA like ever. Do you even read your w2 or just hand it over to HR block? But if someone were to say the word "privatize" you would reflexively be in need of a fainting couch. I learned these things in middle school, my grandfather was a CPA, Im Jewish, you aren't telling me anything I dont know. What do you expect? Why do you hate NPR?
Oh man, you shouldn't have said that.. Dukenog is gonna have your ass now.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Oh man, you shouldn't have said that.. Dukenog is gonna have your ass now.
He knows. He still loves me.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 am

Wait, you're relying on social security to get you through retirement? :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :o :evil:

I'm planning on getting basically nothing from SS by the time I retire. The game will be up by that time, or the Democrats will have found a way to only provide it to those who never put jack into it the past 50 years. I plan on being on my own and using my 401k, Roth IRA, and other savings to fund my wife and I in retirement.

I'm surprised that other are surprised the government would tax SS income. It's income that you put into pre-tax, so of course you're going to get hit up for it when the checks start to arrive.