Social Security Game Theory

heydaralon

Re: Social Security Game Theory

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
It's back. You can't get rid of a perfect wealth-destruction tool that easily.

How widespread is this? This is quite nauseating.
Well, it's on a tv commercial about every 5 minutes, and radio.. Pretty fucking widespread.
God, I just hope those old people blast off to their dreamplanet of financial independence!
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am

LMFAO. Millennials are so fucked. Their boomer parents are going to burn it all like the Jokers burns mountains of cash, and there's no jobs left.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:45 am

Yeah but at least we will get to drink a transexuals semen. Those boomers can have those mortgages, I'll take acid attacks and HIV positive ladyboys any day!
Shikata ga nai

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:07 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:- why in the hell is marriage even a factor in Social Security?? It should be based on your own earnings period.
I dunno, I can't see in divorce/ex situations, but a widow who never worked (homemaker, raised the kids, etc) claiming her dead elderly husbands SS benefits? If he had lived they both would have been living off it anyways...

...crafty women might figure out how to kill their husbands off sooner of course... :twisted:

Reverse mortgage was always a bad idea... although my cousin was very upset to learn he wasn't going to inherit my (maternal) uncle's house when he dies because he had to sign it over to Medicare(?) for my aunt's long term residential dementia care (they get it to sell off for part of the costs). (Uncle is 80 & had bypass surgery a couple years ago). Reverse mortgage would've eliminated that option for my aunt's care.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Ph64 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:- why in the hell is marriage even a factor in Social Security?? It should be based on your own earnings period.
I dunno, I can't see in divorce/ex situations, but a widow who never worked (homemaker, raised the kids, etc) claiming her dead elderly husbands SS benefits? If he had lived they both would have been living off it anyways...

...crafty women might figure out how to kill their husbands off sooner of course... :twisted:

Reverse mortgage was always a bad idea... although my cousin was very upset to learn he wasn't going to inherit my (maternal) uncle's house when he dies because he had to sign it over to Medicare(?) for my aunt's long term residential dementia care (they get it to sell off for part of the costs). (Uncle is 80 & had bypass surgery a couple years ago). Reverse mortgage would've eliminated that option for my aunt's care.
Either way, you lose the house. You're selling it with delivery upon death. And then paying compound interest for the privilege.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Ph64 wrote:

LOL, no. It's just more gibs from the v-pass.

If a woman wants a divorce, she shouldn't get a dime from the husband's social security or anything else. Go get a job!

The only cases I would see the other side of this argument is if the man decides to blow the marriage without cause, which is relatively rare. But in that case, maybe.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Just to preempt some silliness you typically hear from feminists on this issue..

They will say something like, but the woman stayed home while the man worked, so it's only fair!!

Do NOT make the mistake of responding to this type of argument as if it were made in good faith. If the circumstances were reversed, and women were the ones working 60-80 weeks and bringing in most or all of the money, you better believe these feminists would see that as yet another victimization. That is, if the roles were reversed, they would claim men take advantage of women by expecting women to go out and earn all the money at long hours, which shortens lives and is miserable, while the men stay at home and live it up. Then when the man finds a better wife, he just dumps the existing one, gets all knids of gibs like child support and alimony, and he can even collect on her social security!

Any difference will be interpreted as "women are suffering", so fucking ignore it.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

If a woman wants a divorce, she shouldn't get a dime from the husband's social security or anything else. Go get a job!

The only cases I would see the other side of this argument is if the man decides to blow the marriage without cause, which is relatively rare. But in that case, maybe.
Doesn't matter. We have welfare, Medicare, and more to handle a poor old woman.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:19 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

Doesn't matter. We have welfare, Medicare, and more to handle a poor old woman.

They have it all, man. Any attempt to reign in their gaming the system and taking advantage of people will be met with screams of misogyny.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:20 pm

I forgot to post what is possibly the most infuriating part of this. Apparently, Social Security is taxed as income. AND, 50% of Social Security income is used to lower the Social Security benefit received, until 70 years old.

You can't make this shit up.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace