Google Memo

The Conservative

Re: Google Memo

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:34 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
apeman wrote:
Yes I went too far, I don't care either, I suppose I am feeling extra extra righty nowadays just due to backlash

Actual liberals -- you know, one that aren't obsessed with marxism and identity -- are great, I might even be one.
As I've said before, I'm a Fiscal Conservative, but Social Liberal, so I'm what most people would call a light conservative, but realistically I still stand by what the true definition of conservativism is, which is let people be, as long as they don't interfere with people overall. In English, make it so that whatever you do, it doesn't effect/affect other peoples lives.
Isn't that Libertarianism?

Round and round the labels swirl...
What do you think Conservatism came from?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:36 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
As I've said before, I'm a Fiscal Conservative, but Social Liberal, so I'm what most people would call a light conservative, but realistically I still stand by what the true definition of conservativism is, which is let people be, as long as they don't interfere with people overall. In English, make it so that whatever you do, it doesn't effect/affect other peoples lives.
Isn't that Libertarianism?

Round and round the labels swirl...
What do you think Conservatism came from?
Libertarianism came before Conservatism? Where does Constitutionalism and Classical Liberal fit into the timeline? :lol:

These labels are starting to sound strikingly similar to the SJW snowflake/trans/queer/LBUTLKWEOIJTG!#JGF$ clusterfuck. Perhaps we should just have our own individual ideals, and quit trying to box them together?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:45 am

1796 was the first time Libertarian was used (as in defending a person's rights and freedoms) It didn't really hit the US till the 1860s.
1809 was when Conservatism was considered part of the Whig Party in the UK. You could go back to the 1500s if you want and delve deep into England for what some people call "The Father of Conservatism" but it never became a movement, just an idea. It didn't hit the US till the 1950s and the Red Scare...

So choose your poison.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 am

The Conservative wrote:1796 was the first time Libertarian was used (as in defending a person's rights and freedoms) It didn't really hit the US till the 1860s.
1809 was when Conservatism was considered part of the Whig Party in the UK. You could go back to the 1500s if you want and delve deep into England for what some people call "The Father of Conservatism" but it never became a movement, just an idea. It didn't hit the US till the 1950s and the Red Scare...

So choose your poison.
I choose None of the Above. Why people feel the need to compromise their beliefs, in order to fit into a political group is absolutely beyond me. These definitions seem to change every week, and are always dismantled by Arguing the Extremes. They're useless.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:14 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:1796 was the first time Libertarian was used (as in defending a person's rights and freedoms) It didn't really hit the US till the 1860s.

So choose your poison.
I choose None of the Above. Why people feel the need to compromise their beliefs, in order to fit into a political group is absolutely beyond me. These definitions seem to change every week, and are always dismantled by Arguing the Extremes. They're useless.
Well then, don't ask if you choose to ignore the answer that you don't like.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 am

google.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:49 am

#googlemanifesto sounds like a great topic for a Common Sense episode!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 am

Fife wrote:#googlemanifesto sounds like a great topic for a Common Sense episode!

It would make a great episode topic, but I am sure Dan is going to lose several months of productivity because of the sexism expressed in that document.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:01 am

Fife wrote:#googlemanifesto sounds like a great topic for a Common Sense episode!

:lol:

Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 am

Umm, sweetie it's the current year.