Google Memo

Zlaxer

Re: Google Memo

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:45 am

Fife wrote:Image

Google's CEO is a fucking Putz - I predict he will be gone within a few years.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:52 am

Zlaxer wrote:Google's CEO is a fucking Putz - I predict he will be gone within a few years.
We're all going to be gone within a few years, given the scope of the cosmos, eh?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 am

DBTrek wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:Google's CEO is a fucking Putz - I predict he will be gone within a few years.
We're all going to be gone within a few years, given the scope of the cosmos, eh?

True - but his legacy will be that of a putz....a rich putz, but a putz none-the-less (like Gore or Prince Charles).

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 am

Google screwed the pooch. In tech, it's probably 60-40 anti-liberty, PC because there's lots of picked-on dorks who get into it. But Google was getting some bad press already, their tide was coming in, and this incident will trigger the beginning of retreat. Another Search Engine will emerge simply because it's not Google. I've already switched.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Meeting with HR to Discuss Acceptable Speech
Goya, 1814

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:05 pm

“So in the coming days we will find several forums to gather and engage with Googlers, where people can feel comfortable to speak freely,” Google CEO Sundar Pichai wrote in a message to employees.
Oh the irony.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:06 pm

This pops up in my LinkedIn feed from time to time, I wonder if Google would have a problem with it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
“So in the coming days we will find several forums to gather and engage with Googlers, where people can feel comfortable to speak freely,” Google CEO Sundar Pichai wrote in a message to employees.
Oh the irony.
There's a level of hypocrisy that deserves the Death Penalty. (The other case I can think of is when the Feminists gave Billy-Boy a pass after the blowjob.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Yeah, I suspect they are headed for some tough times. They look strong and monopolistic, but they really have no ability to maintain barriers to entry. Somebody will eventually take them down with alternative technology and search engines.

This kind of technology industry is not like aluminum or steel. You can potentially capture a huge market share if you patent some good algorithms (like the page rank algorithm), but there likely exists many alternatives to those algorithms in existence waiting to be discovered and exploited by others.

I have wondered why we have not seen any search engines rise based around clustering and automating the creation of ontologies based on the combination of search queries and results. The basic idea has been out there for a long time in information retrieval, and really just needs somebody to find that killer algorithm that makes it work well.

Google seems to have fired or driven off all the people who could potentially discover it. My money is on some graduate students working on a shoestring budget, just like the origin of Google. They need only patent the algorithm and refuse to sell it but, rather, only license it to Google while they slowly build the foundation of their rival company (as Google did to Yahoo in the late 1990s).

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:49 pm

apeman wrote:Meeting with HR to Discuss Acceptable Speech
Goya, 1814

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0