Google Memo

The Conservative

Re: Google Memo

Post by The Conservative » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 am

DBTrek wrote:I've noticed that FB seems to be a haven for militant leftists. Or, one might say it's a gathering place for all the shrill polemicists that can't find others who will tolerate their presence in real life.

"Look, a site of people who think just like me! Amazing we found each other here! It's almost like we have the same, utter lack of a social life due to people not wanting to hang out with us in person. No, wait . . . that's not it . . . it must be because we're all RIGHT about everything, and FB is proof that we're the prevailing norm for opinions in America. Spread the word!!!"

:doh:
Ya think? Why do you think I post here more than FB? You can't debate with idiots.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 am

The Conservative wrote: You can't debate with idiots.
Source?
(Hat tip to HM)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:17 am

DBTrek wrote:
Source?
(Hat tip to HM)

Or better yet:

#NotOneRedCent

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 am

DBTrek wrote:I've noticed that FB seems to be a haven for militant leftists. Or, one might say it's a gathering place for all the shrill polemicists that can't find others who will tolerate their presence in real life.

"Look, a site of people who think just like me! Amazing we found each other here! It's almost like we have the same, utter lack of a social life due to people not wanting to hang out with us in person. No, wait . . . that's not it . . . it must be because we're all RIGHT about everything, and FB is proof that we're the prevailing norm for opinions in America. Spread the word!!!"

For my feed, it is a place to signal virtue. Esp for the women.

For ex., a nurse's union is re-negotiating the contract, so the nurse posts "these hard-working, selfless, heroes deserve etc etc"

Another friend gets involved in a pyramid scheme selling beauty products, so it is "I have chosen to announce that I am following my heart, strong women, small business, community, bring product to working families, etc"

A friend wins a lawsuit, so it is declared as a struggle of good against evil, we prevailed for our client"

A friend hikes a mountain, so it is "with grit and determination and girl power we overcame the summit, together nothing can stop us"

The guys are like, "here look at this bitching picture of me shooting a full gas can with my shotgun"

I use the word friend very liberally here

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:39 am

The Conservative wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Source?
(Hat tip to HM)

Or better yet:

Valid Points.

However, what if we were to apply this to the JAWBS metric as well? Some people simply can't be employed, therefore we shouldn't pander to idiots about factory work, and manipulate the global economy to preserve a 50-year-old work ideal? Perhaps we're doing more damage with subsidizing the shit out of factories than it's worth.

:think:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 am

I would argue that it's better to have manufacturing within our national borders than offshoring it for simple strategic reasons.

Say most of our manufacturing goes to China, and China declares war on us. What then? How do we build shit? How do we ramp up a war machine in the first major war in almost a century?

It's much more practical and safer to keep our manufacturing within our national borders, even if that's not as profitable as offshoring it. And that's just a strategic calculation. The economic and social costs of offshoring make their own case for economic nationalism.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:24 am

Google Cancels Meeting Intended to Address Anti-Diversity Memo

Google was reportedly scheduled to hold a company-wide town hall meeting Thursday evening to address the controversy surrounding the anti-diversity manifesto that went viral within the company. That meeting has now been canceled, Recode reports, because employees feared further online harassment after their names and Dory questions were leaked on alt-right sites online.

Dory is an internal Q&A tool that allows employees to ask questions before meetings, including all-hands meetings and town halls. The system works much like Reddit and allows employees to upvote or downvote other people’s questions, which can be submitted either anonymously or non-anonymously.

“So in the coming days we will find several forums to gather and engage with Googlers, where people can feel comfortable to speak freely,” Google CEO Sundar Pichai wrote in a message to employees published by Recode Thursday evening. “We’ll share details soon.” When we reached out to Google for comment, they directed us to the Recode article. . .

http://gizmodo.com/google-cancels-meeti ... 1797732239
Google geniuses - How can we address the concerns of people who say we're nothing but a Stalinst, liberal, groupthink organization? Ah, I've got it - submit questions and then let the party members vote on which ones will be asked!
:lol:

Among the questions that won the vote for the now canceled meetings:
  • One question asks how Google will protect female employees who have been harassed online for criticizing the memo.

Another asks whether Google lowers the bar for diversity candidates.

Some questions complain about how conservatives aren’t welcome at Google. (The only question that qualifies as a complaint, apparently)

And one asks how Google plans to stop leaks to the press.

A person familiar added that an additional top question was: “What can we do to clarify for the entire company that there is one hiring bar,” regardless of race or gender?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 am

Google just took all the conservative and red pill material out of recommendations. My feed looks like shit now. All that's left in recommendations are fitness videos.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:37 am

DBTrek wrote:
Google Cancels Meeting Intended to Address Anti-Diversity Memo

Google was reportedly scheduled to hold a company-wide town hall meeting Thursday evening to address the controversy surrounding the anti-diversity manifesto that went viral within the company. That meeting has now been canceled, Recode reports, because employees feared further online harassment after their names and Dory questions were leaked on alt-right sites online.

Dory is an internal Q&A tool that allows employees to ask questions before meetings, including all-hands meetings and town halls. The system works much like Reddit and allows employees to upvote or downvote other people’s questions, which can be submitted either anonymously or non-anonymously.

“So in the coming days we will find several forums to gather and engage with Googlers, where people can feel comfortable to speak freely,” Google CEO Sundar Pichai wrote in a message to employees published by Recode Thursday evening. “We’ll share details soon.” When we reached out to Google for comment, they directed us to the Recode article. . .

http://gizmodo.com/google-cancels-meeti ... 1797732239
Google geniuses - How can we address the concerns of people who say we're nothing but a Stalinst, liberal, groupthink organization? Ah, I've got it - submit questions and then let the party members vote on which ones will be asked!
:lol:

Among the questions that won the vote for the now canceled meetings:
  • One question asks how Google will protect female employees who have been harassed online for criticizing the memo.

Another asks whether Google lowers the bar for diversity candidates.

Some questions complain about how conservatives aren’t welcome at Google. (The only question that qualifies as a complaint, apparently)

And one asks how Google plans to stop leaks to the press.

A person familiar added that an additional top question was: “What can we do to clarify for the entire company that there is one hiring bar,” regardless of race or gender?
Ole Sundar gets the bum's rush . . . from David freaking Brooks (!):

Sundar Pichai Should Resign as Google’s C.E.O.
Which brings us to Pichai, the supposed grown-up in the room. He could have wrestled with the tension between population-level research and individual experience. He could have stood up for the free flow of information. Instead he joined the mob. He fired Damore and wrote, “To suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not O.K.”

That is a blatantly dishonest characterization of the memo. Damore wrote nothing like that about his Google colleagues. Either Pichai is unprepared to understand the research (unlikely), is not capable of handling complex data flows (a bad trait in a C.E.O.) or was simply too afraid to stand up to a mob.

Regardless which weakness applies, this episode suggests he should seek a nonleadership position. We are at a moment when mobs on the left and the right ignore evidence and destroy scapegoats. That’s when we need good leaders most.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am