NYC wants to tax top 1% to fix subway...

The Conservative

Re: NYC wants to tax top 1% to fix subway...

Post by The Conservative » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 am

brewster wrote:
The Conservative wrote: Cutting out the IRS entirely would though, especially since the US Government already knows what you owe on its taxes and is one of the few modern day countries that doesn't send people their tax information already filled out, and say how much they will be getting back or they owe...the reason we don't get them done that way is because of companies like Turbo Tax, and H&R Block so we get penalized for improperly doing something they already know the answer to. I digress though.

The other issue here is simple, you obviously never worked in the Public Sector... theft and corruption are rampant in systems like this. Just look at Boston and The Big Dig, as well as the MBTA itself... decades in prep and install and it didn't do what it was promised... they found a golf course under ground in one case during the big dig...

So please tell me, why should I trust a government that has no proof of showing an ability to save money at all if given a blank check?
I may have never worked in the Public Sector but you obviously have never owned a business. Yes, for workers tax should be simple, but for anyone with deductions and expenses it's far more complex. It's absurd and paranoid to think tax prep companies hold sway over tax policy the way insurance companies control health care, but it's possible they block the govt implementing it's own simple online form. But you'd hate that, since anything the govt does is bad.

I owned a business for 11 years, thank you very much.

Also, yes, it's called lobbying... learn before you speak.

https://www.propublica.org/article/fili ... against-it
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm

The Conservative wrote:
brewster wrote:
The Conservative wrote: Cutting out the IRS entirely would though, especially since the US Government already knows what you owe on its taxes and is one of the few modern day countries that doesn't send people their tax information already filled out, and say how much they will be getting back or they owe...the reason we don't get them done that way is because of companies like Turbo Tax, and H&R Block so we get penalized for improperly doing something they already know the answer to. I digress though.

The other issue here is simple, you obviously never worked in the Public Sector... theft and corruption are rampant in systems like this. Just look at Boston and The Big Dig, as well as the MBTA itself... decades in prep and install and it didn't do what it was promised... they found a golf course under ground in one case during the big dig...

So please tell me, why should I trust a government that has no proof of showing an ability to save money at all if given a blank check?
I may have never worked in the Public Sector but you obviously have never owned a business. Yes, for workers tax should be simple, but for anyone with deductions and expenses it's far more complex. It's absurd and paranoid to think tax prep companies hold sway over tax policy the way insurance companies control health care, but it's possible they block the govt implementing it's own simple online form. But you'd hate that, since anything the govt does is bad.

I owned a business for 11 years, thank you very much.

Also, yes, it's called lobbying... learn before you speak.

https://www.propublica.org/article/fili ... against-it

BURN
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:35 am

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0