AG Lynch used alias to circumvent FOIA

pineapplemike

Re: AG Lynch used alias to circumvent FOIA

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Lynch used email alias 'Elizabeth Carlisle' to write about Clinton tarmac meeting
direct link to the documents: http://media.aclj.org/pdf/Clinton-Lynch-Documents-1.pdf
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... eting.html

Loretta Lynch used the alias “Elizabeth Carlisle” for official emails as attorney general, including those related to her infamous tarmac meeting last summer with former President Clinton.

The emails were included in 413 pages of Justice Department documents provided to conservative watchdog groups Judicial Watch and American Center for Law and Justice.

Top federal officials using email aliases is not illegal or new, considering others in the former Obama administration also used them, arguing security concerns and spam to their official email addresses swamping their in-boxes.

Eric Holder, Lynch’s predecessor, used “Lew Alcindor,” the former name of retired NBA star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

However, critics of the practice argue that such aliases can result in some requested emails to and from officials going undetected.

Lynch used the alias to help craft responses to media requests about the meeting, the documents show.
:angry-boxing:

Looks like her staff was emailing talking points and drafts for her statement post-tarmac. A bunch of it is redacted so who knows
Last edited by pineapplemike on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 pm

This is one of those news cycles where I swear to god it's been covered already. It might be just because she's the latest in a long line of democrats being caught doing this. Holder and Chelsea come to mind though I don't see any issue with Chelsea doing that. She's not a public servant is she?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:56 pm

lol, I remember this happening too
Monday, August 24, 2015
IRS finds yet another Lois Lerner email account - ‘Toby Miles’ account linked to government business
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... l-account/
Lois Lerner had yet another personal email account used to conduct some IRS business, the tax agency confirmed in a new court filing late Monday that further complicates the administration’s efforts to be transparent about Ms. Lerner’s actions during the tea party targeting scandal.
Democrats were terrible about preserving records during the Obama admin. IRS scandal was bullshit, John Koskinen is a reptilian for sure

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't doubt the IRS scandal I just doubt they needed any top down orders for that sort of thing.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Nukedog wrote:I don't doubt the IRS scandal I just doubt they needed any top down orders for that sort of thing.
They got semi marching orders in a letter from a Senator. Boxer I think.