AG Lynch used alias to circumvent FOIA

Xenophon

AG Lynch used alias to circumvent FOIA

Post by Xenophon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 am

/pol/ discovered this yesterday or the day before. Evidently, she used her grandmother's maiden name as an alias. It makes sense to me, given that any time I try and think of an alias for fun I tend to come up with a name that can be linked to me in some way, before realizing it should be something that can't be associated with me. Here's her grandmother's death certificate, as well:

If these idiots can get into the upper echelons of government, what are we doing wrong? The MHF has the cumulative brain power several times that of these jokers.

de officiis

Re: AG Lynch used alias to circumvent FOIA

Post by de officiis » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:09 am

The ways these people attempt to circumvent FOIA is disgraceful. It's a consequence of a political class who view the federal government as less an instrument to serve the people than a vehicle for personal gain or aggrandizement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:31 am

We aren't doing anything wrong. We're too smart to think that there's any actual power in government work. We also lack massive free time and capital to run (except Hashpipe), and we generally have no interest in pandering to Stupid. In fact, I doubt any of us could stomach it for long.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:43 am

Xenophon wrote:
/pol/ discovered this yesterday or the day before. Evidently, she used her grandmother's maiden name as an alias. It makes sense to me, given that any time I try and think of an alias for fun I tend to come up with a name that can be linked to me in some way, before realizing it should be something that can't be associated with me. Here's her grandmother's death certificate, as well:

If these idiots can get into the upper echelons of government, what are we doing wrong? The MHF has the cumulative brain power several times that of these jokers.

Alias: I always use Dirk Diggler :whistle:

It is amazing as DeO said the lengths they will go to working around FOIA. Funny thing is it was all these Baby Boomers who got FOIA through to go after Nixon.

These clowns are only gifted being able to live without guilt for their daily moral and ethical abuses of law. This looks like official emails, and perhaps Lynch had an alias in the system which would require an IT person to sign off on the profile.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 am

If that's the case, then you can be sure that the IT person will get charged, but not the AG.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 am

Simmer down everybody.

3/11/2015:

Holder used multiple email aliases as attorney general, DOJ officials reveal
At a time when Hillary Clinton is facing criticism for exclusively using personal email while secretary of state, DOJ officials confirmed to Fox News on Wednesday that Holder had his own email quirks. While the attorney general, they say, did business on the government system, he did so under multiple names and is now on his third email address.

Officials cast Holder's email aliases as a way to avoid spam and guard against security risks -- though the use of aliases by other top officials, including former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson, has raised transparency concerns in the past.

. . .

Fallon said this is similar to using "initials or numbers in an email address and helps guard against security risks and prevent his inbox from being needlessly inundated."

He also stressed that it does not "in any way impact compliance with [Freedom of Information Act] requests. The attorney general's email address is known to the individuals who process FOIA requests, and his emails are regularly produced, albeit with his exact address redacted."

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:31 am

ITS THE FUCKING STATE AGAIN

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:22 am

Man, props to those fuckin nerds on 4chan for finding this kind of stuff

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:41 am

pineapplemike wrote:Man, props to those fuckin nerds on 4chan for finding this kind of stuff
Weaponized Autism is the best description I have ever read
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Relevant: