The State Wants You Either Working or Dead

DBTrek

Re: The State Wants You Either Working or Dead

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It means that some pitifully small minority decided to carry a defective baby and (we hope) care for it for the rest of their lives.
Ok.
Thanks for reading the article for me and saving me the time.
:dance:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm

DBTrek wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: :lol: So, since they said "Almost 100% made this choice", you're assuming that the 1-2% were forced to abort anyway? That's your fucking analysis?

Well, I'm hardly the language scholar you are, maybe you can explain to me what "close to 100%" means.
There appear to be 15% who turn down the test, no one forcing them to kill their child.
Not that I'm agreeing with Grumps on this one, Downs syndrome people can live a long and happy life. This isn't a Charlie Gard situation here. I call it genetic engineering and would rather have the diversity than a master race. Grumps might have rejected Steven Hawkins in a different life. :(
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: :lol: So, since they said "Almost 100% made this choice", you're assuming that the 1-2% were forced to abort anyway? That's your fucking analysis?

Well, I'm hardly the language scholar you are, maybe you can explain to me what "close to 100%" means.
There appear to be 15% who turn down the test, no one forcing them to kill their child.
Not that I'm agreeing with Grumps on this one, Downs syndrome people can live a long and happy life. This isn't a Charlie Gard situation here. I call it genetic engineering and would rather have the diversity than a master race. Grumps might have rejected Steven Hawkins in a different life. :(
That's a valid point. But how many more Hawkings would we have, with the additional resources to devote to actually keeping people alive and educating them?

For me personally, I can't imagine a worse fate than being trapped in a swiftly failing body, facing doom every day of my life, with no hope for relief. Or, perhaps even worse, being the parent of such a person, watching my child fade from life.. The thought makes me hurt inside.

Now imagine that you were never given a choice, as that parent. That you had no option, other than abandoning your weakened, dependent child to the state, or suffering through that for the remainder of your life.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:46 pm

The whole point of the Eugenic pseudo-scientific theories is that they are to be applied wholesale, by some more sweeping and generalizing money power than the individual husband or wife or household. Eugenics asserts that all men must be so stupid that they cannot manage their own affairs; and also so clever that they can manage each other's.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:The whole point of the Eugenic pseudo-scientific theories is that they are to be applied wholesale, by some more sweeping and generalizing money power than the individual husband or wife or household. Eugenics asserts that all men must be so stupid that they cannot manage their own affairs; and also so clever that they can manage each other's.
You do realize that in the past - defective babies were left out in the woods for animals to eat? All I'm saying, is that maybe terminating a fetus with a known severe genetic defect would not violate the 6th commandment.

What did ancient Jews do with defected kids?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The whole point of the Eugenic pseudo-scientific theories is that they are to be applied wholesale, by some more sweeping and generalizing money power than the individual husband or wife or household. Eugenics asserts that all men must be so stupid that they cannot manage their own affairs; and also so clever that they can manage each other's.
You do realize that in the past - defective babies were left out in the woods for animals to eat? All I'm saying, is that maybe terminating a fetus with a known severe genetic defect would not violate the 6th commandment.

What did ancient Jews do with defected kids?

Sparta must be regarded as the first Völkisch State. The exposure of the sick, weak, deformed children, in short, their destruction, was more decent and in truth a thousand times more humane than the wretched insanity of our day which preserves the most pathological subject, and indeed at any price, and yet takes the life of a hundred thousand healthy children in consequence of birth control or through abortions, in order subsequently to breed a race of degenerates burdened with illnesses.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
That's a valid point. But how many more Hawkings would we have, with the additional resources to devote to actually keeping people alive and educating them?

For me personally, I can't imagine a worse fate than being trapped in a swiftly failing body, facing doom every day of my life, with no hope for relief. Or, perhaps even worse, being the parent of such a person, watching my child fade from life.. The thought makes me hurt inside.

Now imagine that you were never given a choice, as that parent. That you had no option, other than abandoning your weakened, dependent child to the state, or suffering through that for the remainder of your life.
Nah you've gone too far along the road towards eugenics there for me. Downs is not the cut of point. Life as a vegetable is nearer to my point of acceptance.
We might not get another Hawkins along for a century or more, we can't afford to take the risk.
I've got no kids though so you can legitimately play the parent card on me and I'll STFU.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: There appear to be 15% who turn down the test, no one forcing them to kill their child.

Nah you've gone too far along the road towards eugenics there for me. Downs is not the cut of point. Life as a vegetable is nearer to my point of acceptance.
We might not get another Hawkins along for a century or more, we can't afford to take the risk.
I've got no kids though so you can legitimately play the parent card on me and I'll STFU.
You're a human, and that gives you a right to speak on the matter, imo.

But my point is that the 'cut-off point' should be up to the parents. And, it appears, that 90% of parents have chosen the same option. That's a pretty fucking strong majority, no matter what the issue is.

Should the state ever 'mandate' abortion of any kind? Of course not, that's ridiculous. But you MUST offer the choice, if you believe in human dignity.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Human dignity. Wow.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Should the state ever 'mandate' abortion of any kind? Of course not, that's ridiculous.
What if the fetus is confirmed to be the sole host of a fast moving super virus that will wipe the entirety of humanity off the globe?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"