The State Wants You Either Working or Dead

Zlaxer

Re: The State Wants You Either Working or Dead

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It literally is extreme, man. You just expressed one of the most evil tenants of Nazism.

We were just larping about that stuff before. You seem to be serious, and I am genuinely creeped out.
You're creeped out because your fevered, partisan mind has construed my argument into a state-sponsored eugenics program. That is nothing like what I'm talking about.

It should always, ALWAYS be the choice of the parents. But they should have that choice, and I encourage them fully to make the better one for all involved.

Tough call for sure - what's worse, snuffing a fetus out before it has a brain/nervous system, let alone memories - or allowing the child to go through life with massive disabilities.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It literally is extreme, man. You just expressed one of the most evil tenants of Nazism.

We were just larping about that stuff before. You seem to be serious, and I am genuinely creeped out.
You're creeped out because your fevered, partisan mind has construed my argument into a state-sponsored eugenics program. That is nothing like what I'm talking about.

It should always, ALWAYS be the choice of the parents. But they should have that choice, and I encourage them fully to make the better one for all involved.

Tough call for sure - what's worse, snuffing a fetus out before it has a brain/nervous system, let alone memories - or allowing the child to go through life with massive disabilities.

I'd compare it to a mercy killing...

Dand

Post by Dand » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Literally what is the difference between that argument and arguing to kill the homeless and the poor? Everyone's life has suffering that would be prevented by killing them and it's a terrible justification for murder.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Dand wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

Literally what is the difference between that argument and arguing to kill the homeless and the poor? Everyone's life has suffering that would be prevented by killing them and it's a terrible justification for murder.
If you can't see the difference between killing a middle-aged homeless person, and parents CHOOSING to abort a fetus, then there's no room for discussion here. Are you a vegan?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:07 pm

I didn't see much choice in Fife's Iceland article.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:12 pm

DBTrek wrote:I didn't see much choice in Fife's Iceland article.
That's because you didn't read it.
Prenatal testing is optional in Iceland, but the government mandates that doctors notify women of that option. About 85 percent of expectant mothers undergo the test, and close to 100 percent of those women choose to abort if their child is diagnosed with Down syndrome. Just two children with Down syndrome are born in Iceland each year, often as the result of faulty testing.
Ninety percent of women in the United Kingdom who receive a positive Down-syndrome diagnosis choose to abort. In the U.S., that percentage falls somewhere between 67 and 90, according to a recent meta-study of Down-syndrome termination rates over the last few decades. In Europe as a whole, somewhere around 92 percent of babies diagnosed with Down syndrome are aborted.

The people have spoken.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:15 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Prenatal testing is optional in Iceland, but the government mandates that doctors notify women of that option. About 85 percent of expectant mothers undergo the test, and close to 100 percent of those women choose to abort if their child is diagnosed with Down syndrome. Just two children with Down syndrome are born in Iceland each year, often as the result of faulty testing.
The people have spoken.
Close to 100% of the parents were ok with their child being terminated by the state.
And fuck the rest.

You're a regular hero.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm

DBTrek wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The people have spoken.
Close to 100% of the parents were ok with their child being terminated by the state.
And fuck the rest.

You're a regular hero.
:lol: So, since they said "Almost 100% made this choice", you're assuming that the 1-2% were forced to abort anyway? That's your fucking analysis?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:19 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: :lol: So, since they said "Almost 100% made this choice", you're assuming that the 1-2% were forced to abort anyway? That's your fucking analysis?

Well, I'm hardly the language scholar you are, maybe you can explain to me what "close to 100%" means.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: :lol: So, since they said "Almost 100% made this choice", you're assuming that the 1-2% were forced to abort anyway? That's your fucking analysis?

Well, I'm hardly the language scholar you are, maybe you can explain to me what "close to 100%" means.

It means that some pitifully small minority decided to carry a defective baby and (we hope) care for it for the rest of their lives.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace