Is anyone sick of all the winning?

The Conservative

Re: Is anyone sick of all the winning?

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Do you know what temperature it burns at?
You can control the burn and temperature depending on what you use. Also, thermal bricking keeps the heat inside the forge instead of letting it leak out. Between 800 to 1500 degrees is easy to come by in a forge like that, most when they are used though aren't there to melt metal, but to soften it to be hammered, or to be hardened after it had been shaped into what you want to make.

https://www.ebay.com/i/251333124599?chn=ps&dispItem=1.

This is what a common forge looks like today. Not your large ass ones you are thinking of. I'm not making a smelter.
That's cool. Do you plan on ever opening the door? Perhaps removing a large glob of extremely hot semi-liquid metal from it? Banging it, and throwing sparks around your basement?

Hence the plumbing and rewiring... nothing will be in the area that can catch fire or ignite. Seriously... do you think I haven't thought this through?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:57 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
You can control the burn and temperature depending on what you use. Also, thermal bricking keeps the heat inside the forge instead of letting it leak out. Between 800 to 1500 degrees is easy to come by in a forge like that, most when they are used though aren't there to melt metal, but to soften it to be hammered, or to be hardened after it had been shaped into what you want to make.

https://www.ebay.com/i/251333124599?chn=ps&dispItem=1.

This is what a common forge looks like today. Not your large ass ones you are thinking of. I'm not making a smelter.
That's cool. Do you plan on ever opening the door? Perhaps removing a large glob of extremely hot semi-liquid metal from it? Banging it, and throwing sparks around your basement?

Hence the plumbing and rewiring... nothing will be in the area that can catch fire or ignite. Seriously... do you think I haven't thought this through?
Yes.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 am

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:02 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Yes.
Then you don't give me enough credit. I've already had this all planned out, I've already created a section out there that is going to have the floor dug deeper to give a 6 ft ceiling, and then from there have fire-retardant insulation surrounded by thermal bricking, around the room. This is going to protect the electrical work and pipes in the rooms next door.

It is also going to allow for a ventilation and filtration system to be put in to push fresh air into the room and circulate the old air out. If I go the gas route, the tank is going to be outside and fed into the house, otherwise, I am going to conductive and just have it all internal.

There will be nothing there to "explode" or catch fire... seriously, I'm not you which feels before they think.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:05 am

And that plumber is an idiot, you don't use a propane torch like that in a bathroom, he better be insured. The "reporter" is even more of an idiot, you are also supposed to have a valve on that to control the flame size and shape. You forgot I did HVAC right?
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:05 am

The Conservative wrote:
And that plumber is an idiot, you don't use a propane torch like that in a bathroom. The "reporter" is even more of an idiot, you are also supposed to have a valve on that to control the flame size and shape. You forgot I did HVAC right?

What do you think fuels those forges you linked to?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 am

For pipe brazing, you use something like this for small pipes in tight areas, but again you don't use it by itself, you need a way to adjust the power of the flame.

https://www.amazon.com/Uniweld-Type17-2 ... B003XS3R2Y

Normally something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Uniweld-RHP400-N ... NZ9C4JK1PD
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:12 am

Use the forge outside. It's portable for a reason.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:13 am

The Conservative wrote:
And that plumber is an idiot, you don't use a propane torch like that in a bathroom. The "reporter" is even more of an idiot, you are also supposed to have a valve on that to control the flame size and shape. You forgot I did HVAC right?

What do you think fuels those forges you linked to?
H-VAC and plumbers use a Nitrogen mix to braze. I'm not going to be using Nitrogen...
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:16 am

You can take that shit in to the outside.