Everything Is Bigger In Texas except the government

clubgop

Re: Everything Is Bigger In Texas except the government

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Doesn't sound very enticing anyways, even if it did work, because who can secure the reasonable enjoyment of their private property, when all the yayhoos are at liberty to just cause a ruckus and light the place up at will? Fuck that.

I don't give a rats ass about global climate change, but light polluters, noise polluters, and those who cause a perpetual nuisance? I'd have those people shot.
What are you on about? The fireworks? You gonna get all nanny state over some fircrackers.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Doesn't sound very enticing anyways, even if it did work, because who can secure the reasonable enjoyment of their private property, when all the yayhoos are at liberty to just cause a ruckus and light the place up at will? Fuck that.

I don't give a rats ass about global climate change, but light polluters, noise polluters, and those who cause a perpetual nuisance? I'd have those people shot.
What are you on about? The fireworks? You gonna get all nanny state over some fircrackers.
When it comes to the enjoyment of my peace and quiet, I go beyond nanny state, I'm totalitarian.

Overweaning federal government? Yeah, OK, that's not required, but municipal government? Bring on the jackboots.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:

When it comes to the enjoyment of my peace and quiet, I go beyond nanny state, I'm totalitarian.

Overweaning federal government? Yeah, OK, that's not required, but municipal government? Bring on the jackboots.
You sir need only live out in the sticks, here in this country, the sticks are never more than an hour away.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:05 pm

clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:

You sir need only live out in the sticks, here in this country, the sticks are never more than an hour away.
Nah, the sticks is actually noisy, you go outside the urban zone, you get into industrial and agriculturual zoning, where they actually make a whole lot of noise and light everything up, at all hours, somebody can come along and just start running some machine day and night, irrigating their fields or whatever, fuck that. If you're a NIMBY, which I most certainly am, overweaning municipal government, with 24 hour 7 day a week nuisance by-laws, is your friend not your enemy.

I'm not looking to have the Mounties up in everybody's business telling them what to do and how to do it, but the bylaw officers? That's another story.

The more local the governance, the more authoritarian I get, at the federal level, I'm libertarian, provincial level, I'm conservative, but at the municipal level? Bring on the jackboots.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:51 pm

By the way, libertarians, I just looked up the bylaws where the Koch Brothers have their compound in Aspen Colorado, and it's pretty fuckin' strict, bet dat, they don't even allow gas powered leaf blowers, although, we got a better overnight residential noise provision here, we only allow 45 dBA, but they allow 50 dBA, and tell you what, 50 dBA, overnight? Fuck that, that's noisy.

I can't believe they paid a hundred million dollars for that place, and some clown can still sit next door cranking out 50 dBA at all hours of the night, for a hundred million dollars, I'd expect better than that.

Let me just get my sound meter out and do a quick check right here...

... 33.2 dBA; oh yeah, that's bliss, suck it, Koch Brothers.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Nah, the sticks is actually noisy, you go outside the urban zone, you get into industrial and agriculturual zoning, where they actually make a whole lot of noise and light everything up, at all hours, somebody can come along and just start running some machine day and night, irrigating their fields or whatever, fuck that. If you're a NIMBY, which I most certainly am, overweaning municipal government, with 24 hour 7 day a week nuisance by-laws, is your friend not your enemy.

I'm not looking to have the Mounties up in everybody's business telling them what to do and how to do it, but the bylaw officers? That's another story.

The more local the governance, the more authoritarian I get, at the federal level, I'm libertarian, provincial level, I'm conservative, but at the municipal level? Bring on the jackboots.
I have never had that experience. It is quiet too quiet.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:By the way, libertarians, I just looked up the bylaws where the Koch Brothers have their compound in Aspen Colorado, and it's pretty fuckin' strict, bet dat, they don't even allow gas powered leaf blowers, although, we got a better overnight residential noise provision here, we only allow 45 dBA, but they allow 50 dBA, and tell you what, 50 dBA, overnight? Fuck that, that's noisy.

I can't believe they paid a hundred million dollars for that place, and some clown can still sit next door cranking out 50 dBA at all hours of the night, for a hundred million dollars, I'd expect better than that.

Let me just get my sound meter out and do a quick check right here...

... 33.2 dBA; oh yeah, that's bliss, suck it, Koch Brothers.
The Kochs are fine, no one is blowing 50 db anywhere near them. And for 100 mil your "neighbors" are acres away bet that.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Back to the OP. This is where GCF fails and is just a typical millennial statist leftist SJW bitch.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... o-statist/
Pew: Most Americans Say Democratic Party Has Become Too Statist

No one wants what you are selling, sure you can lecture them and call them stupid and that'll be effective and win you votes. :roll:

Or you can solve problems within limitations. My solution, float the bond. You build the sewer line and if the business comes the sales tax will pay for it, if not, you still get the sewer system and San Antonio won't take on the debt to take you over. That is Democracy and no it is not failing. The sky isn't falling because your sniveling bitch ass can't win an election, get multiple parties, or whatever foolish shit you prattle on about.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Do you even comprehend how that works? First, you need someone to agree to underwrite the bond. That entity wants to see some reason to believe that you will pay the fucking bond back. If your income as a town is hypothetical, and you're expecting to pay $6-7 million with some 5% sales tax shit, and have basically a collection of mobile homes near the highway, then you don't get a fucking bond.

But you're right. I'm just an ignorant statist-totalitarian. Totally not like your repetitive hack bullshit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 pm

clubgop wrote:The Kochs are fine, no one is blowing 50 db anywhere near them. And for 100 mil your "neighbors" are acres away bet that.
Maybe, maybe not, 50 dBA is the allowable noise limit; at the plane of their windows, the noise could be coming from acres away, machinery which is much louder where it is, but only 50 dBA at the plane of their windows, but tell you right now, 50 dBA, constant, that's fucking annoying, don't think that it ain't, anything more than 45 dBA, is too much, I'd make it 40 dBA if I had my druthers, 45 dBA is still annoying, if it's an annoying sound, like a constant low frequency machinery noise for example.

Trust me, rich people fight these wars all the time, they are not immune, the rich are the biggest NIMBY's of them all, I'm actually stunned that the rich people out in Aspen put up with a 50 dBA overnight noise provision, we'd revolt if we had to put up with that around here.
Nec Aspera Terrent